Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price (4332 Views)

Nokia 5.3 Specs And Price In Nigeria / New Tecno Spark 3: Specs And Price In Nigeria / Samsung Galaxy S9: Specs, Features, Price And Release Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2018
Josh1920:

Software will make up for it's ba3 capacity. The Android pie is optimized for long lasting ba3 performance

And the battery test results are showing up. Android pie my a$s. See as galaxy note 9 with Android oreo beats the pixel 3 with pie. Battery capacity means a lot for Android. The one that disappoints me the most is Sony Xperia xz3 with 3,300mah that couldn't even last 4 hours even though it's running Android pie, very disappointing battery life.

The one that really surprised me here is iPhone Xs Max with less than 3,200mah and came on top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQJ0SEccOI
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Anopheles: 9:23am On Aug 08, 2019
Greenhulk, ollah1

Guess who's right about Samsung bailing out on headphone jack and SD card? And it isn't up to a year...

I said I was going to quote you guys grin grin
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 08, 2019
Anopheles:
Greenhulk, ollah1

Guess who's right about Samsung bailing out on headphone jack and SD card? And it isn't up to a year...

Headphone jack removal was imminent even though they should have left it on the non plus variant but SD card is still present.
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Anopheles: 9:34am On Aug 08, 2019
ollah1:

Headphone jack removal was imminent even though they should have left it on the non plus variant but SD card is still present.

It's on the plus variant ONLY for the power users that may want to dabble with 2TB storage on a mobile device, which I don't understand. Lol

But it's going to be a trend with their next flagships and give it one or two more years to dump it and focus on UFS
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 08, 2019
Anopheles:

It's on the plus variant ONLY for the power users that may want to dabble with 2TB storage on a mobile device, which I don't understand. Lol

But it's going to be a trend with their next flagships and give it one or two more years to dump it and focus on UFS

But it's still there.
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Anopheles: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2019
ollah1:

But it's still there.

Lol. I literally said one to two years for those features. It's not up to a year and one is gone. Wait for 2020...

I don't know what people want SD card for in a phone with 256gb storage or headphone jack. What companies should focus on is bridging the gap between wireless and wired. That's all...
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 08, 2019
Anopheles:
Greenhulk, ollah1

Headphone jack removal is imminent. But Samsung had to stretch it as much as they can. But it now looks like if u want to get a phone with every features u have to spend less and get a mid range phone. Sd cards on the other hand will still remain for a couple more years, at least for the mid range phones. Sd card makers need to make money.

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 08, 2019
Anopheles:

Lol. I literally said one to two years for those features. It's not up to a year and one is gone. Wait for 2020...

I don't know what people want SD card for in a phone with 256gb storage or headphone jack. What companies should focus on is bridging the gap between wireless and wired. That's all...

SD card isn't going anytime soon. You wonder why they use that large storage for? In the era of 4K videos, larger app and game sizes, larger picture sizes etc, moving of files here and there. It's for power users dont forget.

Bluetooth headphone isnt there yet or headphone jack is still important and also important for VR but Samsung feels both phones dont deserve it. Very stupid move from them
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Anopheles: 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
greenhulk:

Headphone jack removal is imminent. But Samsung had to stretch it as much as they can. But it now looks like if u want to get a phone with every features u have to spend less and get a mid range phone. As card on the other hand will still remain for a couple more years, at least for the mid range phones. Sd card makers need to make money.

I'm talking about the flagships

Headphone jack and SD card will still be there for the mid range phones. They can create space in the phone always for the market. Besides, the mid rangers come with limited storage options as well as the wired headphone market is priced towards them unlike the $200 - $400 wireless earbuds that you know belong with the flagships.

What my argument has always been was for the flagships who rarely use these features. I can't remember how frequent I've seen last year and this year flagships users with wired earphones, even rarer using sd cards
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Anopheles: 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
ollah1:

SD card isn't going anytime soon. You wonder why they use that large storage for? In the era of 4K videos, larger app and game sizes, larger picture sizes etc, moving of files here and there. It's for power users dont forget.

Bluetooth headphone isnt there yet or headphone jack is still important and also important for VR but Samsung feels both phones dont deserve it. Very stupid move from them

That's why flagships are moving to larger standard internal storages. Most OEMS would sacrifice sd cards in their flagships and put in 512gb as standard. UFS is where the next gen is going to. Have you seen the Oneplus 7 pro in action before? Opening apps or moving/copying files? Seamless

VR is fading. I can understand Samsung. Note 10 seems better for me than the 10+. Those extra features aren't deal breakers...
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
ollah1:

Indeed a stupid move. But Sha looks like the whole vr thingy is dying down. How do u expect to enjoy a VR game without headphone jack? The type c port will be used to connect the VR headset, Bluetooth used to connect a gamepad. So where will u plug the headphones for maximum immersion?
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
greenhulk:

Indeed a stupid move. But Sha looks like the whole vr thingy is dying down. How do u expect to enjoy a VR game without headphone jack? The type c port will be used to connect the VR headset, Bluetooth used to connect a gamepad. So where will u plug the headphones for maximum immersion?

Lol, even If the connection works what about lag? Nothing beats headphone jack for VR. Samsung needed just 2-3 things to have made the Note series better. Equip the regular Note 10 with headphone jack and the plus with 90Hz screen. This move will make both phones sell because potential buyers will be at crossroads. Headphone jack fan will buy the regular while a none fan will buy the pus variant.

Pixel and Mate 30 pro is rumoured to come with 90HZ while iphone with 120HZ which will further relegate Note 10 plus. Next year when S11 will arrive with 90HZ, P40 pro will be debuting with 120HZ.

Samsung played themselves.
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
Anopheles:

That's why flagships are moving to larger standard internal storages. Most OEMS would sacrifice sd cards in their flagships and put in 512gb as standard. UFS is where the next gen is going to. Have you seen the Oneplus 7 pro in action before? Opening apps or moving/copying files? Seamless

VR is fading. I can understand Samsung. Note 10 seems better for me than the 10+. Those extra features aren't deal breakers...

512GB isnt enough storage for some people, they want that TB.
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Anopheles: 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2019
ollah1:

512GB isnt enough storage for some people, they want that TB.

Then they should get a hard disk cos the flagships are ditching SD soon

Btw, the note 10 doesn't support Gear vr...
Re: Google Pixel 3 Specs Features And Price by Anopheles: 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
ollah1:

Lol, even If the connection works what about lag? Nothing beats headphone jack for VR. Samsung needed just 2-3 things to have made the Note series better. Equip the regular Note 10 with headphone jack and the plus with 90Hz screen. This move will make both phones sell because potential buyers will be at crossroads. Headphone jack fan will buy the regular while a none fan will buy the pus variant.

Pixel and Mate 30 pro is rumoured to come with 90HZ while iphone with 120HZ which will further relegate Note 10 plus. Next year when S11 will arrive with 90HZ, P40 pro will be debuting with 120HZ.

Samsung played themselves.

The distribution was poor honestly. It shoulda been like:

Note 10:

1080p
Headphone jack
SD card
More colour options

Note 10+

Qhd 90hz
Higher storage, RAM, battery
855+
TOF sensor
Included Galaxy buds
Price difference should be at least $200

I don't think Note 10 should be worried about Pixel 90hz. I mean pixel will probably come with 6gb ram and 128gb storage, very small battery capacity, an ugly design and just a dual camera.

Even Huawei would be stupid to put 120hz early. Apple won't even think about 90hz this year grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Data Offer Right Now?? Which One Are U Using??? / Infinix Zero 2 X509 – Full Review / Blackberry KEY2 Dual Camera Launched In India : Price Specification & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.