Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,921 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists (1413 Views)

I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu / Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters / Amosun And Adekunle Akinlade Meet Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by OgunPatriots: 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has insisted that his preferred governorship aspirant in the All Progressives Congress (APC), Hon. Adekunle Akinlade, will succeed him in 2019. Amosun declared that the gubernatorial primary election recently conducted by the party in the state, which produced Akinlade as candidate, would eventually stand.

He spoke in Abeokuta while supervising the party primaries for Senate, House of Representatives and House of Assembly aspirants for 2019 general election. However, there was tension and uncertainty across the state following yesterday’s exercise, with reports of sporadic shootings and violence by armed thugs in some of the 236 wards of the state.

Crisis had erupted in the party following declaration of Prince Dapo Abiodun as the 2019 governorship standard bearer by the electoral committee of the National Working Committee (NWC). Speaking on a live programme monitored on a private television station, Amosun said as far as he and other party members in the state were concerned, Akinlade would emerge as his successor. The governor, who is one of the aspirants for Ogun Central Senatorial District, maintained that Abiodun’s candidature would not stand. He promised to stand for fairness, justice and equity in ensuring that the mandate freely given to Akinlade by the party faithful was not stolen, insisting that APC members in the state were not fools and would not be taken for granted by the shenanigans of any group of people. He said: “We are waiting for them to come and tell the world that there was no election.

They cannot come out because they know they have failed. That is why we are beaming the Senatorial and House of Assembly primaries live on three different television stations. “They have told Mr. President all manner of stories, that Amosun has done this or that. Amosun will stand for justice, fairness and the truth. “That is why in Ogun State come May 29, 2019, to the glory of God and the benevolence of Almighty God, Hon. Adekunle Akinlade will be the governor of the state. I have told them, if anybody wants to engage in political fight, they should wait for second term. Nobody should push us. We are not fools.”

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by wisekobo: 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
Am not not impress.
Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by slivertongue: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
Cheap consolation. APC is a house of confusion &horror. even in ogun APC will lose so dont waste ur time bragging

1 Like

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by forgiveness: 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2018
Dem go suprise you.
Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by humberjade: 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2018
It is still very possible...because left to me, without Amosun's support, this Dapo Abiodun (who couldn't win his own Senatorial election 2015) can't win jack shit in Ogun...still watching sha...if anything, i know Amosun can pull dis off.

1 Like

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by coluka: 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ambode said more than this

1 Like

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by humberjade: 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
coluka:
Ambode said more than this

This one is not Ambde ...this one has balls...he holds all d APC structure in Ogun...take for instance, his people emerged candidates for all other elective positions in d State, except maybe one...

And for ur info, no primary election was ever conducted that produced Abiodun...all d results were concocted inside someone's bedroom... am very aware of happenings in Ogun West and Central,,. and i can say authoritatively that there was no APC primary election any where in d aforementioned Senatorial Districts.

So don't compare him with Ambode...Ambode is a sisi.

2 Likes

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by NoToAutocracy: 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
No one has successfully imposed a candidate in Ogun States, osoba and Daniel tried it, but failed woefully.

1 Like

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
He should go create Amosun state and make Akinlade its governor.

Bunch of vagabonds.

2 Likes

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by OgunPatriots: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
NoToAutocracy:
No one has successful imposed a candidate in Ogun States, osoba and Daniel tried it, but failed woefully.

IS Amosun Daniel?
Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by Deltayankeeboi: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2018
What kind of a slave mentality is exhibited by these people in the waste side region sef. Shuu na wa o

How can one man be imposing his own candidate against the will of the people and they are watching him like mannequins.

If you call them slaves now, they will start crying tribalism.

This kind of autocracy can never happen in south south or south east.
I'm imagining the day, one crazy politician will come to delta state and say, "this is the man that will be your governor whether anybody likes it or not" and deltans will just be watching him like that, talking all those nonsense. That day, the politician and im candidate go pack comot for delta, na body go tell am.

This is modern day slavery! Yorubas should liberate themselves for crying out loud.
I refuse to be a slave in this 21st century.

Now I am begining to see the real truth in my signature.

1 Like

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by OgunPatriots: 11:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
slivertongue:
Cheap consolation. APC is a house of confusion &horror. even in ogun APC will lose so dont waste ur time bragging

If they don't let the popular candidate which is Akinlade, then APC might loose Ogun
Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by OgunPatriots: 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
What kind of a slave mentality is exhibited by these people in the waste side region sef. Shuu na wa o

How can one man be imposing his own candidate against the will of the people and they are watching him like mannequins.

I'm imagining the day, one crazy politician will come to delta state and say, "this is the man that will be your governor whether anybody likes it or not" and deltans will just be watching him like that, talking all those nonsense. That day, the politician and im candidate go pack comot for delta, na body go tell am.

This is modern day slavery! Yorubas should liberate themselves for crying out loud.

He is not imposing a candidate, the party officials and all members of the party voted for him after the party adopted him as consensus candidate and Oshiomole and Osinbajo decided they want to try and impose another candidate
this is different from Rochas that is imposing his son-in-law, oh that is South East righ?

1 Like

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by Deltayankeeboi: 12:04am On Oct 10, 2018
OgunPatriots:

He is not imposing a candidate, the party officials and all members of the party voted for him after the party adopted him as consensus candidate and Oshiomole and Osinbajo decided they want to try and impose another candidate
this is different from Rochas that is imposing his son-in-law, oh that is South East righ?
Rochas is an idiot. He is already an outcast in Igboland. His son inlaw is going nowhere. A governor that is not loved by his own people.

Nobody can impose anybody on Igbos. The people choose who they want same cannot be said for yorubas.

Tinubu is a god to you all. He decides what happens in the whole SW yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:

Seems u are not from Delta State.
Godfatherism is going on in Delta State since 2007.

Ibori has been doing this since he left power.

Do u remember he forced Uduaghan on Delta State?

Uduaghan was not even in the race before time. Omo-Agege was even the one who won that primary before they manipulated it to favour Uduaghan because of Ibori.

Ibori and his structure installed Okowa and many others today.
He even installed his daughter as a house of assembly member in Ethiope West where I'm from.

To make matters worse, he did most of all these from prison, so spare me that talk u were trying to create.
There's godfatherism everywhere, from North to West to East to South.

Lemme even give some few examples, Peter Obi installed Obiano in Anambra.(SE)
Theodore was installed by OUK.(SE)
Udom was installed by Akpabio.(SS)
Obaseki was installed by Oshiomole.(SS)
Dickson of Bayelsa was installed by mama peace when they were friends (SS).
Chime was installed by Chimaroke (East).

As for those saying that East does not betray, I will answer them one day as Nnamdi Kanu was proscribed by the SW governors or Azikiwe who betrayed Ojukwu is from the South West.

What I'm trying to say here is that whatever u see in South West is going on the other parts of Nigeria but the problem is that they don't want to admit it which is another problem itself.

I know people will insult me for saying the truth but please use facts to counter me instead of insult with no fact.

4 Likes

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by BLS1: 12:07am On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:

Coming from the tribe where a governor has successfully made his son-in-law his immediate replacement and a young widow who is not ready let her grandpa late husband's name rest in peace, is the recognised as the national leader/goddess of their people when his adult sons are still alive and kicking, tufiakwa!!!

2 Likes

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by Deltayankeeboi: 12:58am On Oct 10, 2018
kingkakaone please Ibori never made Okowa any governor, he gave his support for Okowa because he received the support of Anioma deltans at his time. He never imposed Okowa on Deltans! He had no hand in it at all.

It was the turn of Anioma Delta to produce a governor and Okowa was projected, Ibori never had any hand in it. Okowa was never imposed, that is a wrong statement.

Ibori can never go to Bayelsa and decides what happens there, the way Tinubu is in control of most south western states. Tinubu is a mini god in the south west. That is what it means to be a godfather.

All you listed are cases of ruling party retaining power and not any case of godfatherism.
Obaseki won the election because APC was in power and they did all in their reach to win plus help from presidency. Do you want to tell me because APC retained power in Edo, Oshiomole is now a godfather and decides what happens in SS politics?
There is nothing like a godfather in SS the way Tinubu is the god of SW.

2 Likes

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by Deltayankeeboi: 1:03am On Oct 10, 2018
Ibori supported Okowa's governorship does not mean he imposed him or singlehandedly made him win.

Okowa was never imposed, it was the turn of Anioma Delta to produce a governor and Okowa won on that basis. Don't come and be giving us false exaggerations on how your Ibori installed Okowa as governor biko. Okowa would have won with or without him. So stop making it sound like Ibori is the kingmaker of Delta State.

If he had supported Ogboru of LP at that time, and Ogboru won against the incumbent PDP, that is when I will consider Ibori a kingmaker in Delta. PDP has always been in power, with or without Ibori, PDP will continue to be in power in Delta.

Tinubu is a god in SW, he can support an opposition party and the opposition party will win. He has the whole of SW below his feet. That is a true case of godfatherism.

1 Like

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by Deltayankeeboi: 1:14am On Oct 10, 2018
BLS1:

Coming from the tribe where a governor has successfully made his son-in-law his immediate replacement and a young widow who is not ready let her grandpa late husband's name rest in peace, is the recognised as the national leader/goddess of their people when his adult sons are still alive and kicking, tufiakwa!!!
what are you saying? Do you even understand what you said.

1 Like

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by python2gbera: 4:11am On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
kingkakaone please Ibori never made Okowa any governor, he gave his support for Okowa because he received the support of Anioma deltans at his time. He never imposed Okowa on Deltans! He had no hand in it at all.

It was the turn of Anioma Delta to produce a governor and Okowa was projected, Ibori never had any hand in it. Okowa was never imposed, that is a wrong statement.

Ibori can never go to Bayelsa and decides what happens there, the way Tinubu is in control of most south western states. Tinubu is a mini god in the south west. That is what it means to be a godfather.

All you listed are cases of ruling party retaining power and not any case of godfatherism.
Obaseki won the election because APC was in power and they did all in their reach to win plus help from presidency. Do you want to tell me because APC retained power in Edo, Oshiomole is now a godfather and decides what happens in SS politics?

You referred to Delta and you got replies accordingly being a case in point but your attempt at twisting your blind argument into a regional perspective was no less daft of you. Ibori controlled your destinies from a UK prison. Long before his being jailed, he had you as his footstool and whipped you like his tamed slaves as a governor. Even as we speak, no ant creeps on the soil of your state without the authority of Ibori. You don't feed off crumbs from the table without his consent.
The astuteness of Tinubu, a man who singlehandedly transformed a Lagos only party into a regional dominated party, subsequently with the crowning as a national party, deserves every ounce of accolades as being of a godfather. His political worthiness is trust worthy and as such the general approval to replicate such a feat at the national level having massively succeeded at the regional. However, the moment he deviates from the SW's mandate, he suffers its grave consequences.
Now ask yourself if ever you had a brain, why & how do a SE's party(Apga) remain stunted in only one state of the region since it's created. And for SS, do you ever have a regional party that represents your values and cultural ideology?.. don't even sweat it.
Boy, shoe get size. No region compares to us before regionalism was collapsed. Neither was there any record of you being oppressed when you were part of the Mid-west region. And so, the fact that we rub ass together gives no goat the guts to bleat at us. I suggest you go pick up your sense from the bin, it's high time you needed it.

-python2.
Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by Deltayankeeboi: 6:44am On Oct 10, 2018
python2gbera:

You referred to Delta and you got replies accordingly being a case in point but your attempt at twisting your blind argument into a regional perspective was no less daft of you. Ibori controlled your destinies from a UK prison. Long before his being jailed, he had you as his footstool. Even as we speak, no ant creeps on the soil of your state without the authority of Ibori. You don't feed off crumbs from the table without his consent.
The astuteness of Tinubu, a man who singlehandedly transformed a Lagos only party into a regional dominated party, subsequently with the crowning as a national party, deserves every ounce of accolades as being of a godfather. His political worthiness is trust worthy and as such the general approval to replicate such a feat at the national level having massively succeeded at the regional.
slaves cheesy Tinubu has your whole lives under his feet. Liberate yourselves from mental slavery and all will be well.

1 Like

Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:

U have changed the definition of godfatherism to someone who controls more than one states abi?
Most of those godfathers settled for their successors out of a list of others who bought the forms.

The reason one person cannot control more than a state in SS is because of d different ethnicities in the zone.
U don't expect those in Bayelsa to be controlled by someone who is Urhobo from Delta State.

Please go and check the meaning of godfatherism again for u to understand my point.
Re: Akinlade Will Be Governor Of Ogun In 2019- Amosun Insists by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
Ibori supported Okowa's governorship does not mean he imposed him or singlehandedly made him win.

Okowa was never imposed, it was the turn of Anioma Delta to produce a governor and Okowa won on that basis. Don't come and be giving us false exaggerations on how your Ibori installed Okowa as governor biko. Okowa would have won with or without him. So stop making it sound like Ibori is the kingmaker of Delta State.

If he had supported Ogboru of LP at that time, and Ogboru won against the incumbent PDP, that is when I will consider Ibori a kingmaker in Delta. PDP has always been in power, with or without Ibori, PDP will continue to be in power in Delta.

Tinubu is a god in SW, he can support an opposition party and the opposition party will win. He has the whole of SW below his feet. That is a true case of godfatherism.
U are not from Delta with this ur analysis.

Okowa had to visit Ibori in prison to get his endorsement before the state structure helped him being that they are loyal to Ibori.

Do u even know the people that fought for the emergence of Okowa in the PDP?
Uduaghan wanted Obu but Ibori didn't endorse him but Okowa which made the strong men (Ejele, and co) made sure Okowa won.

The fact that Ibori had his way on !ost of the positions from prison is even worse.
Godfatherism is everywhere, even in Delta State so please don't be playing that sanctimonious card being different.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Key Things Said By IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu In His Yesterday's Address / 200 Nsukas Professors Mobilize For Atiku/obi 2019 Tickets / Buharists Please What Is The Situation Of Things In Kano?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.