Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu (30932 Views)

We Will Not Allow You Walk Alone – APC Tells Impeached Deputy Gov, Shaibu / Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment / Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Ofunaofu: 1:38pm On Apr 08
Ousted Deputy Governor of Edo State, Comrade Philip Shaibu, has lambasted members of the Edo State House of Assembly, who impeached him on Monday.

Shaibu who has been at loggerheads with his principal, Governor Godwin Obaseki, was eventually booted out of office by the lawmakers.

The incident followed the adoption of the report of the seven-man investigative panel inaugurated by the Assembly to probe allegations of misconduct against Shaibu.

Shortly after his removal, Obaseki announced the choicr of a 38-year-old Engineer as the new deputy governor.

Reacting to the impeachment, Shaibu said the lawmakers gave themselves to an act of betrayal and subversion of justice, adding that history will be cruel to them.

The former deputy governor made this statement in a video he posted on his X account shortly after the impeachment.

Shaibu said, “To the members of the Edo House of Assembly, who have chosen to forsake their oath of office and participate in this charade, I say this: history will judge you hardly for your betrayal of the people who elected you to represent their interest.

“But know this, you do not have the power to silence the voice of power and truth”, calling for the support of the people as she said, “I call upon the judiciary and all relevant authorities to intervene and uphold the principles of justice and fairness.”

He said he was shown the exit because of his ambition to run for the office of the governor, which he described as “an ambition that is legal right.”

“It is with heavy heart yet a resolute spirit that I come before you to address the recent events that have unfolded within our dear state. I denounce in strongest terms the illegal impeachment by the Edo state house of assembly over trumped-up charges, this is not just an attack on me as an individual but on the very democratic principles that we hold dear.

“It’s a dangerous descent into dictatorship, a threat to the foundation of our democracy. Let it be clear that this impeachment was hatched because of my ambition to contest the Edo Governorship election 2024 under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).”

“My good people of Edo State, thank you all for standing by me under these troubling circumstances as the Deputy Governor of Edo State,”
he added.

https://dailytrust.com/history-will-judge-you-harshly-shaibu-blasts-edo-assembly-over-impeachment/?fbclid=IwAR1rIOPQGcDSxvReVNzYHpfSebogQZtNciuFlXB5sZKeO5tfhvFxg1jrx3Q

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by tuzeriouz(m): 1:39pm On Apr 08
He who pays the piper, calls the tune. Philip Shaibu was never the anointed candidate and can't arrogate himself to be one. All principal officers always have a candidate at the end of their tenure. From Lagos state to Anambra and Kogi, the case of the Anointed One subsists. Disloyalty caused Shaibu's guber ambition.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Ibej: 1:40pm On Apr 08
As if he wasn't expecting it. Abeg make everybody rest now

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Xscape1993(m): 1:49pm On Apr 08
Nigeria politics...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Melagros(m): 2:08pm On Apr 08
COMRADES, I think Shuaibu is the one who invited the heavy war to his house

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Faiththatworks(m): 2:33pm On Apr 08
Hi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by seunmsg(m): 2:34pm On Apr 08
Rest Shaibu, you lost out already. The political career you built on asslicking, cronyism and betrayal is dead and buried. Sope o tilo 🤣🤣🤣

168 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by garriAndsugar: 2:38pm On Apr 08
When it's against the masses it's not threat to democracy but when it's against you guys it's now threat to democracy.

Una dey craze well well

172 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by buharibanjo(m): 2:38pm On Apr 08
De don ObaSACKi you for ur own work
Try LP
You might be a deputy gov again

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by kettykin: 2:40pm On Apr 08
Let this man not waste his savings in legal battles, let him seek an out of the court settlement with his former boss

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by ZUKKYY(m): 2:54pm On Apr 08
undecided
Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by worksmart(m): 3:01pm On Apr 08
Breaking News : There is no democracy in Nigeria! grin

8 Likes

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by christejames(m): 3:02pm On Apr 08
But why didn't you defend yourself when called? undecided

7 Likes

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by PulaPower: 4:06pm On Apr 08
Biting a finger that feeds you is one of the most ridiculous thing any man can do on earth..

155 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by mytime24(f): 4:12pm On Apr 08
Otilo
Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by PandoraObi: 4:14pm On Apr 08
ok
Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by slivertongue: 4:27pm On Apr 08
sorry. it's too late.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by IamR: 4:34pm On Apr 08
This one don go.

2 Likes

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Oghighirhighi: 4:36pm On Apr 08
Philip is a waste pipe, for those none Edos please be aware that he and Oshiomhole are from the same town, Oshiomhole bulldozed him in to become deputy governor while he is now a sitting senator. There is a binding understandig that the nex governor is Esan but Philip stupidly wants to come and scuttle what makes Edo politics unique.

25 Likes

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by bolaayenimo: 4:39pm On Apr 08
Story story

2 Likes

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by tiswell(m): 5:21pm On Apr 08
Dem don turn diswan to motivational speaker 😄

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Paraman: 5:27pm On Apr 08

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Sirhush(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08
Better go your house go dey enjoy your money, cos I don't know what you forget in that office that you want to go and pick

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by BondRiv: 6:13pm On Apr 08
That shameless Obaseki with his poor performance in Edo State. But this Philip Shaibu knew this was coming and was pretending.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Felabrity: 6:29pm On Apr 08
you sef don try
Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by iCauseTrouble: 6:31pm On Apr 08
You go explain tire

2 Likes

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Damie55: 6:31pm On Apr 08
Obviously

1 Like

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by vanitybutiwanti: 6:32pm On Apr 08
Imagine it happened in Rivers state, hypocrites would have filled the Internet with curses, there's nothing like a good or an altruistic Nigerian, we are all HYPOCRITES

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by bigdammyj: 6:32pm On Apr 08
Noted.
Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by id4sho(m): 6:32pm On Apr 08
Rest
Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by Shikena(m): 6:33pm On Apr 08
To Shaibu, it is betrayal.
To Obaseki, it is loyalty.

All na politics of your personal interest first, so deal with it ex-deputy governor.

2 Likes

Re: I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu by trevorlinda: 6:33pm On Apr 08
The man don turn Former deputy... within a day

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God Will Never Forgive Oshiomhole; Man Laments After Failed Edo Project. Photos / Photo Of Buhari With Emir Of Ilorin, Oloffa Of Offa Alhaji Ibrahim Gambari / Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.