Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths (14993 Views)

Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) / OAU students flee hostels over cultists threat / Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by Googleboy101: 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2018
Mayarine:
Students of Federal Polytechnic Oko, Atani Campus in Ogbaru local government area of Anambra state calls on President Muhammadu Buhari, Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano and School Rector, Dr. Izuchukwu Onu to come to their rescue as the host communities (Atani and Akili Youths) vows to kill students.

The menace that started as just burglar 3 years ago has turned into a life-threatening event in the last few months. Most students of the campus which comprises Computer Science and Maths and statistics departments have deserted the community and abandoned their studies for their dear lives.

In the past couple of months, students of this campus especially those based in Akili (Senator Stella Odua’s hometown) have been witnessing a life-threatening events from the youth. They beat, stab, steal, harass and threaten to shot students at will.

During one of the attacks, luck happened to be on our side and we caught the thieves and took them to the community vigilante but they quickly released them on the grounds that they are jobless and find stealing the only way to survive. Same with the police.

The campus authority turned a blind eye to the situation. Even when some students were threatened to be killed by some youths, the school management didn’t deem it necessary to respond to their report.

The students tried to protect themselves by limiting their movements and always behind locked doors. Those that own generators packed it up because of fear of the unknown. They changed plans and began to rob us in broad day light.

According to one of the victims; “After my generator was stolen, I tried all i could to get the culprits but all failed so i met one Indigene and narrated my ordeal to him, he told me that they know those that specialized in stealing generator that he would meet them and beg them to release it for #20,000. I was ready to pay but unfortunately, i was told the next day that they had sold it.”

In July 10 boys from Atani attacked one lodge and made away with 11 laptops, 10 phones and molested the girls. When one of them was apprehended, the police discharged him.

On Sunday 7th October, they attacked two lodges, stole the student’s phones, laptops, TV, stabbed a student and shot guns on the process.

The leaders of the Host communities know those behind these heinous crimes but decide to shield them for reasons best known to them.

The students are now protesting that they no longer want to stay in the community (Ogbaru LGA), that they want to join their counterparts at the school main campus in Oko. Students pay huge fees in the campus yet there is no drinking water, extremely terrible network and light, the students pay outrageous house rents for houses they will have to leave when the seasonal flooding begins.

Source

#SaveAtaniCampus
#WeAreDying
#SecurityOrNoAtanCampus
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by cyncherry: 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
It is so painful that students are left to suffer in such an environment.

Robbery
Stabbing
Threats
Floods
Lack of peace
Always in fear
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by olujacob17: 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
whoever dat says its a lie should move down to atani or akili and see for him or herself...
is it until we start dying or should we wait till our girls are been raped at will
#saveasoultoday
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by umeadi66victor: 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
we seriously need help. the students are helpless, robbery upon robbery, rapeing, molestation ,flood menace and management negligence to the welfare of the students.

close to four months, student have lost countless of their properties , laptops and smart phones.
the host community are not friendly at all. their youths are jobless, illiterate and farmers. so when the proceeds the made from their farm products finishes, the start robbing students..

please the government both federal and state should help, us we are dying in fed poly oko-atani atani campus, ogbaru Anambra state.

I wonder what hell politics that transpired that made the management council of the school to locate the campus in this inhuman and wicked entity called ogbaru.

they don't deserve good things and they don't want light because school are one of the agent of light to all nations, state and towns.

#saveatanicampus.
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by Obasionyinye: 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
The situation in federal polytechnic oko atani campus has really gotten out of hand.. Please we seriously need help. Students are really suffering here.
#saveAtaniCampus

1 Like

Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by prof30(m): 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2018
Osagyefo98:
This is outright fake news and should be disregarded with the highest degree of its fakeness.

Nigerians in diaspora should stop propagating fake news.

I would have insulted u.. But u will understand better when ur family member has been raped.. Am waiting to hear from you..
However, it should be noted that the students are suffering.. Am a living witness to this rubbish by indigens of that community...

2 Likes

Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by umeadi66victor: 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2018
Experience is better than imagine.

I saw some folks siting in the comforts of their home commenting trash over the plight of our Nigerian students. indeed, if you don't move from your comfort zone you won't see what students from fed poly oko Atani campus are passing through.

the most appauling part, is that this community have some politicians like senator Stella odua, Oseleoka obazi former Anambra state governorship aspirant under pdp, chuchu onyeoma and rest.. but non of them cared for the welfare of the students in their mother community.

they say that charity begins at home but in Atani is a nightmare...

#saveatanicampus
Stella odua
Oseleoka obazi
chuchu oneyma
Somto Udeze.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by agbonsgodwin: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
Seriously we need Government and Public assistance. #SaveAtaniCampus.

Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by michris: 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
cry cry cry #SaveAtaniCampus.
only a buharist will call this news fake because of his luv for blood. Vampires!!!
#SaveAtaniCampus cry cry cry
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by umeadi66victor: 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2018
#saveatanicampus
the worst police men I have seen in my life is atani local police. they are always on the road collecting money every time but can't protect the life and property of the students.

woo to Atani local police men.

Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by Immadgreat: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2018
Thse that are saying that this is fake like dey say experience is d best teacher. If I tell u what i experienced u might not believe until u yourself experience it. What we are facing is bad and its injustice to us so we need serious help
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by Akindallass: 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
We are sick and tired of all these, we can't bear it anymore. Is either security is provided or no AtaniCampus. #SaveAtaniCampus

Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by Stecey(f): 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
We are in danger,we sleep we one eye been open , we really need help from the government.
We already call flood a normal thing in that town, bt we can't call robbery normal, the students can walk freely at night even during the day, all we need is the intervention of the government.
#saveatanicampus
#nosecuritynoatanicampus
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by babafirst(m): 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2018
Nigerian students have become so weak now that they are harassed and beaten left right centre by hoodlums,motor park touts etc .They are no more combative. Only to be killing each other in the name of cultism and politics.Where is their unity?In the 70s and 80s it was not like this,students would fight back......sad sad sad.Ajebos all over our campuses.
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by Stecey(f): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
May we not be victim of evil,that why we ask the government to look into this matter.

Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by KEZDON(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
CHISOMPHILIP:

Please are you a student of atani campus or have u been to Atani/Akili before...

Please #SaveAtaniCampus #WeAreDying

supported I'm a student there and we're passing through hell studying there

1 Like

Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by stelogy(f): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
this is no fake news cos am a victim, am currently schooling there

i paid 60k 4 a room, i was robbed of my properties and while i was still grieving,.... BOOM...the flood hit and took whhat was left of my properties

now i have no room, no property and still thinking of how to pay 4 another room nxt year...

this is just bad
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by ebuksfab(m): 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
The government should do something now o,they should be proactive for ones

How can innocent students be suffering for nothing
I stand with #SaveAtaniCampus
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by CynthiaChi(f): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
I dunno why this institution put these students over there.... They are very far from the main campus... Even Ufuma would have been preferable
The other day it was a flood, now killings... The school needs to do something about this

1 Like

Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by Edoziesmart(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
nwo85:
boost your account and see text below..are you tired of losing ..here is legit and reliable to win big..no scam pls
call or whatsapp
ret.ard.d being spotted. Keep fooling yourself. Don't go and hustle legitly and flee from scamming innocent youth their hard earned money.
That's the only contribution you have for this thread.
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by hisgrace090: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
Osagyefo98:
This is outright fake news and should be disregarded with the highest degree of its fakeness.

You're outright heartless!
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by chidoozmega(m): 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
Osagyefo98:

which one is fake news, am a student of the school
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by Ezinnefaith: 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
We need help here in atani campus of federal polytechnic oko. They should provide good security for us or better still move us to the main campus which is big enough to contain us.
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by Assurance001(f): 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
I see one man with many accounts just to tarnish the image of Ogbahu! I remember vividly about a decade ago when a student forgot to lock her door she came back to meet it the same way she left it and her comment “Akili-ozizor is good and lucky. It's so obvious that students always cry foul yet many of them are sheep in wolf clothing. Students cannot be exonerated from these stealing, many of them have been caught in the act others either as accomplice or as informants. Ogbaru being a riverine area has her way of dealing with offenders and till date people are still being ex communicated.
Students have the most unpredictable character both virtue and vice. You see Saints likewise criminals, they bring development with other opposing forces.
Say no to cultism
Say no to stealing and Robbery
Say no to drug abuse
As a student I enjoyed lodges where one or two indigene reside as its also safer doing holiday.
Grace and mercy Lodge, silver Lodge etc are all close to hotel and brothel and there is possibility of external forces as it's just 15_20mins drive to onitsha.
Note I cannot exonerate indigene as there few of them that has been coached.
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by Belrandstar: 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
scopusng:
Buhari is a terrorist. Back to Daura, 2019.

Biko Wetin concern buhari and this matter now....nawa for some citizens Sha ooll
Re: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths by deroyalgem: 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
#SaveAtaniCampus
#wearedying

I am bittered because I was once a victim of the robbery attack, I feel for the students here at large.
he that wears the shoe knows where it pains him/her.
please #SaveAtaniCampus

(1) (2) (Reply)

Half Salary: ASUU Declares One-Day Nationwide Protest Rally / JAMB UTME Access Code Installation Guidelines For CBT Centre Owners / ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.