Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. (355650 Views)

Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / Nairaland's Compedium Of Traditional Rulers In Nigeria / A Database Of Traditional Igbo Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2010
*Hauwa*:

you know money talk grin dollars/pound grin not those dirty naira
work hard abroad and go marry ya damsel/chap in nig bo. use money finish everything. i don't care if na diaper you dey change or u be s h i t packer, abeg let money talk grin
that's my goal, even the ground am gonna walk on will be paved with gold

phew, need to go get my Nwaego money miss road guy.

please broke azz ones, buzz off. no be mi you go soak garri and epa with

grin

ROTFLMAO. grin grin grin Waa seere jare, ore mi.

No let NL men hear u sha, them too paranoid grin
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by OAM4J: 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2010
^^^ I know say una go like that grin

e sa rora, make una no go fall for yahoo-yahoo boys.

and be careful of all those 'importers, exporters & general merchant' 'gbogbo ero' biz grin

so that the naming ceremony of your 1st kid will not be done in the prison yard.
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Sprumbaba: 12:02am On Jul 14, 2010
^^^ I know say una go like that

and be careful of all those 'importers, exporters & general merchant' 'gbogbo ero' biz

so that the naming ceremony of your 1st kid will not be done in the prison yard.

GBOGBO BIZ and YAHOO YAHOO still good. Make then no fall for FIDODIDO
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:03am On Jul 14, 2010
Why are my seeing cakes at traditional weddings?? shocked

Western civilization is eroding true africa culture o!!
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by igboboy1(m): 12:30am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yoruba/Igbo Wedding

na wa o do you kow the guy getting married in the igbo/yoruba wedding? funny enough that was my neighbor in warri. That is chibuzor nwachukwu na wa small world
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by shilling(f): 1:03am On Jul 14, 2010
Soooo cute!! Keep 'em coming people!!
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by bong4(m): 3:07am On Jul 14, 2010
Efik & Ibo wedding.

Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by bong4(m): 3:08am On Jul 14, 2010
Efik & Ibo Wedding at its best.

Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 14, 2010
igbo boy:

na wa o do you kow the guy getting married in the igbo/yoruba wedding? funny enough that was my neighbor in warri. That is chibuzor nwachukwu na wa small world
Yea, your friend is fiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnne shocked shocked

Okija_juju:

Why are my seeing cakes at traditional weddings??    shocked

Western civilization is eroding true africa culture o!!

Yea someone mentioned that earlier. Our traditions are being victimized one way the other.

But na who go go to wedding wey no get cake? lol [brokeazz naija men, dem no wan buy cake.]

OAM4J:

^^^ I know say una go like that  grin

and be careful of all those 'importers, exporters & general merchant' 'gbogbo ero' biz  grin

heheheh

ah ahn, o te lowo mi o. How I go fall for yahoo yahoo boys when rich men like you dey?
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by OAM4J: 4:34am On Jul 14, 2010
^^ma binu, mi o fe ko se mistake ni cool
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Tcrack(m): 4:38am On Jul 14, 2010
Oooooooooooomo. Naija get fine women no be small. this pictures make make me want to get married.
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Nobody: 4:54am On Jul 14, 2010
OAM4J:

^^ma binu, mi o fe ko se mistake ni cool
lol mii binu jare. grin
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by adconline(m): 5:30am On Jul 14, 2010
Any pictures for peeps wey dey make minimum wage like me N17,000/month. I know that over 70% of Naija cannot afford these elaborate trad. weddings. Show me something for average folks please
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 14, 2010
adconline:

Any pictures for peeps wey dey make minimum wage like me N17,000/month. I know that over 70% of Naija cannot afford these elaborate trad. weddings. Show me something for average folks please
NO! grin

Save up, but OASN, it'll be very rare to see a cheap yoruba wedding, even the village weddings are glamorous undecided Cant say much for the other tribes.
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Cohomology: 5:52am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

NO! grin

Save up, but OASN, it'll be very rare to see a cheap yoruba wedding, even the village weddings are glamorous  undecided Cant say much for the other tribes.

See the double speak?

On one hand, they'll scream "Igbo weddings are too expensive!", on the other hand they shout "Yoruba weddings are glamorous!"

All these subtle ethnic jingoism doesn't go unnoticed.

I was born and raised in Lagos - mo gbo ede dada. I know for a fact that for every 10 Yoruba weddings (in Lagos - forget Ibadan, Fiditi, Okititpupa and Sagamu for a moment), only 3 can be called glamorous. And among those only 1 couple can sustain a lifestyle commensurate to the "show of" of a wedding they mustered.

Question: What is the point of seemingly ethno-bigoted statements like "Yoruba weddings are glamorous; can't say much for the other tribes"?
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 14, 2010
Cohomology:

See the double speak?

On one hand, they'll scream "Igbo weddings are too expensive!", on the other hand they shout "Yoruba weddings are glamorous!"
Who is they?

You can only use that line with me if I'm guilty of saying "Igbo weddings are too expensive"? Na wetin concern me with? I dont know anything about your weddings to make that judgement.

All these subtle ethnic jingoism doesn't go unnoticed.

I was born and raised in Lagos - mo gbo ede dada. I know for a fact that for every 10 Yoruba weddings (in Lagos - forget Ibadan, Fiditi, Okititpupa and Sagamu for a moment), only 3 can be called glamorous. And among those only 1 couple can sustain a lifestyle commensurate to the "show of" of a wedding they mustered.
Iwo nukan lo n notice gbogbo iranu yen. Its a complex, make I no deal with you to deal with it. tongue

Abeggggggggi! Are we now supposed to fight on how glamorous Yoruba weddings are? My friend, comot from here jo. Olori agbon kiss
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 14, 2010

Question: What is the point of seemingly ethno-bigoted statements like "Yoruba weddings are glamorous; can't say much for the other tribes"?

BECAUSE I HAVE NOT ATTENDED ANY OTHER WEDDING OTHER THAN A YORUBA WEDDING.

THE BIGOTRY EXISTS ONLY IN YOUR MIND, SON
!
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by dayokanu(m): 7:21am On Jul 14, 2010
Royan Lo sun
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by SmashingM(f): 7:48am On Jul 14, 2010
Nice pictures! But why are we cutting cakes at traditional weddings?
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by teekay8(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2010
Great pictures. Nigerians are really BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Okijajuju1(m): 8:35am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yea someone mentioned that earlier. Our traditions are being victimized one way the other.

But na who go go to wedding wey no get cake? lol [brokeazz naija men, dem no wan buy cake.]
heheheh

I think u are missin the point.

Cake in a traditional marriage is like pouring libation in church. Its just wrong. Its not about being broke or not. Customs must be maintained. I remember when things like "Seamans" aromatic schnapps, "cabin" biscuits, yam, "Key" soap, "Tony Montana" powder, and stuff like use to be the requirements for traditional marriage. Now its Hennessy, Mary Kay and things like that.
Its a sad sad thing o!! People should go back to their roots and stop westernizing our customs. Very soon women would be wearing white gowns with train for traditional wedding.

Very soon, Kolanut would be replaced with expresso's or nescafe at traditional marriages, afterall they both contain caffine. What rubbish. angry
tufiakwa! Aluu!! angry

As far as I'm concerned these are not traditional marriages at all.

angry angry angry angry Tufia
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by v3: 8:50am On Jul 14, 2010
Okija_juju:

I think u are missin the point.

Cake in a traditional marriage is like pouring libation in church. Its just wrong. Its not about being broke or not. Customs must be maintained. I remember when things like "Seamans" aromatic schnapps, "cabin" biscuits, yam, "Key" soap, "Tony Montana" powder, and stuff like use to be the requirements for traditional marriage. Now its Hennessy, Mary Kay and things like that.
Its a sad sad thing o!! People should go back to their roots and stop westernizing our customs. Very soon women would be wearing white gowns with train for traditional wedding.

Very soon, Kolanut would be replaced with expresso's or nescafe at traditional marriages, afterall they both contain caffine. What rubbish.  angry
tufiakwa! Aluu!!  angry

As far as I'm concerned these are not traditional marriages at all.

angry   angry    angry    angry  Tufia
Those were the days i swear  grin grin
I remember a trad i went to some months back, my friend was given a list and boy, did i feel sorry for him. The most bizarre and annoying thing was that the babe added for a PS3  shocked shocked angry amongst other things!

Girls no dey smile nowadays sad sad, gone where the days when trad's were done in parlors. . now we have to get large halls, airplanes, yatchs et al just to . . .*trails off*SMH

Western Culture has come to stay, it can't be overlooked. . .else we'd still be jumping from tree to tree.
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by legba1(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2010
@ileke-idi,nice pix you got there but you never post mine oo.tell me ow you post so i can put mine. na then all of you go know say mid-income earners trado-wedding dey dey glamorous when well plan and organised.doesnt matter if ur papa be commisiioner.
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 14, 2010
Where is Professor Dora Akunyili? These are part of the things we could use for our re-branding.
And God bless all the posters. I rethinking my planned white wedding. I would rather opt for the traditional which is far more creative and scintillating.
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by dplordx(m): 9:30am On Jul 14, 2010
Why are all the men cuter and finer than the ladies. Is it just me, are Nigerian men sexier than the women? grin
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2010
v3:

Those were the days i swear  grin grin
I remember a trad i went to some months back, my friend was given a list and boy, did i feel sorry for him. The most bizarre and annoying thing was that the babe added for a PS3   shocked shocked angry amongst other things!

Girls no dey smile nowadays sad sad, gone where the days when trad's were done in parlors. . now we have to get large halls, airplanes, yatchs et al just to . . .*trails off*SMH

Western Culture has come to stay, it can't be overlooked. . .else we'd still be jumping from tree to tree.

Why she no add X-Box 360

I think africans are slowly losing everything that identified us as a people. First religion, then language, now customs and traditions are slowly being replaced, next will be skin colour. how sad  cry
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by v3: 10:27am On Jul 14, 2010
I thought for a second she was into games but later found out it was her youngest brother that kept whinning like a pup. I really felt for my friend, but the worst is over. .they're married smiley
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 14, 2010
[size=20pt]WHAT ABOUT YERIMA AND HIS BRIDE[/size]
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by NaijaSisi(f): 11:05am On Jul 14, 2010
wow, burriful pics, cant wait to have my own, need to attend one first tho
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by Echidime(m): 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2010
NOTHING IN LIFE IS AS GOOD,SWEET,AND PLEASING AS M-O-N-E-Y-

MONEY ANSWERS ALL PRAYERS,LOOK AT THE FACES OF THOSE LADIES GETTING MARRIED,JUST BECAUSE THEY SEE TOO MUCH MONEY GUY LOL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by akonamone(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2010
why is this on the front page, please some one explain to me
Re: Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. by NaijaSisi(f): 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
Echidime:

NOTHING IN LIFE IS AS GOOD,SWEET,AND PLEASING AS M-O-N-E-Y-

MONEY ANSWERS ALL PRAYERS,LOOK AT THE FACES OF THOSE LADIES GETTING MARRIED,JUST BECAUSE THEY SEE TOO MUCH MONEY GUY LOL grin grin grin grin grin

lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.