Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate (27333 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba: This Madness Of Chicago State University Must Stop Now! / Olisa Agbakoba Applauds President Tinubu On Floating The Naira And Subsidy / FCT 25% Requirement: Olisa Agbakoba Saw This Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by madamgrace: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
For those people who may not know the man Olisa Agbakoba, here is a collection of 10 reasons why Atiku Abubakar should adopt him as his running mate.

Google is also your best friend. You can verify these facts.

1. He has been a key leader in the country's pro-democratic movement, and is the President of AfroNet, an international NGO dedicated to furthering the human rights cause in Nigeria.

2. He is also the founder of Nigeria's foremost human rights organization, the Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO)

3. He was a defender for the Civil Rights activist, Ken Saro-Wiwa who was executed and was arrested several times because of his pro - democratic activities.

4. Olisa Agbakoba is from Onitsha, Anambra state which is the South East geo-political zone of Nigeria.

4. He holds a masters’ degree from the London school of Economics and Political Science. He is well-grounded in economic policy formulation.

5. He was an active member of the National Conference of 2014.

6. He is someone with a proven track record of competence, character and integrity. This was proven as he rejected the 12 million naira honorarium paid to him by the federal government for attending the 2014 CONFAB citing that the masses needed that money to put into good use instead of being handed out to few individuals.

7. Agbakoba is an experienced Leader, a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association and businessman.

8. He has the burning desire to leave a footprint in the sands of time.

9. Agbakoba is reputed to put in place a blueprint for the effective running of Nigerian Bar Association.

10. As a vice president, Olisa Agbakoba will not be a figurehead. He will chair the economic team; provide visionary leadership and sound direction for the economy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7926035_img20181009125336_jpega819123a9e907c7a73380f01311f4ef8

9 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by jamaicabakare(m): 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2018
grin grin grin... Rubbish

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by KanwuliaMama: 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2018

23 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Hopium: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2018
If Okonjo Iweala will agree to fight alongside Atiku as the VP, it will be good. If not, I wish it will be Peter Obi.

But weather Sai baba or Atikulate, I'm not seeing any viable option. It all seems like 2014 all over again!

... Like WTF is wrong with Nigeria politicians?

Atiku is not telling us what he will do to move Nigeria forward. Na so Buhari start in 2014, see where we are today and he is still blaming the opposition.

Honestly he hasn't done anything or say something to convince me that he is the Messiah!

Like play, like play, this Atiku too go dey blame APC government if he wins the election. Me I'm tired of this "your government is corrupt" rhetorics. Tell us your plan. What's your econmics plan for Nigeria? You talk say you go create jobs, how will you do it; what is your plan? How do you plan to diversify the Nigeria economic? What's your plan to solve insecurity? What's your plan to solve the issue of nepotism and tribalism? What's your plan to...?

What's the fu*king plan? I don't want to hear promises. There is a difference between a plan and a promise. A plan will tell us how you intend to deliver on your promises.

Same system, same politicians, same story.

I fear for the worse after 2019, whether this Atiku or Buhari wins because it's seems like this one too don't have any plan. He has been aiming for the presidential post for ages, and here he is using the old APC gimmicks that brought them into power: playing the accusation and blaming game.

And see Nigerians playing the same emotional games that brought bubu into power. "We want the better devil," "anything but Jonathan," "even if Atiku stole from me, I and my family are voting for him", so we said in 2015. Abi we've forgotten so soon?

After going through hell, we said we want young bloods to run the affairs of this country befause we are tired of the old cargoes but here we are masturbating because of a 72 year old Atiku and celebrating his percieved 2019 victory over the 75 year old Sai Baba. Don't we remember history; have we not suffered enough; we no dey tire ni?

On a serious note, what's Atiku plan? And no one should tell me the "those with plans what have they done!" Why should I vote for the old man? - I wish to know.

52 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Sannisege: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2018
If Atiku likes he should pick all Igbos as his VP, he will still lose in 2019.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by OkoyeA1(m): 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2018
angry
Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Dottore: 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ok
Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
Rubbish

Buhari till 2023 I must vote buhari it's payback time y'all must continue to suffer

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by pawesome(m): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
Peter Obi....someone who knows how to talk grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Built2last: 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
Why do I feel these peopl pay people to .canvass for them

5 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by pawesome(m): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
Sannisege:
Is that so

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
Let him pick stone. He still wins

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
Sannisege:

GEJ bragged more than this in 2015 and still lost.

14 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by labusinessguide: 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
We need a strategic economist, and someone who understands the complexity of Nigerian territory when it comes to employment, investment, and the vast untapped resources in Nigeria.

We need a vice president who will set up the best economic team to open up the frontiers for Nigerians to create multiple sources of income even while we're in Nigeria.

And I see all these in NOI, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala or Peter Obi.

We're tired of promises, and we're also done with Chain-ge.

We need a Nigeria where we will be proud of, and also smile to bank without needing to use Paylater or other borrowers app.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by XOGBADO(m): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
Wow

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Drinkwater(m): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
I think you're sponsored by APC �

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by lilycasera(f): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
Akunwunmi
Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by lilycasera(f): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
Akinwunmi

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by infocabal(m): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
Nawao
Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Donbrig: 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
Even though I am from South South, I strongly believe Akinwunmi Adesina is the best man for VP. Adesina had been tried and tested in various fields of life, as a youthful young man, he will appeal more to Nigerian youths and technocrats. Well, I believe Atiku knows his Vice even before he was nominated. Atiku and Adesina would be a collateral damage and disaster to APC.

10 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Built2last:
Why do I feel these peopl pay people to .canvass for them

Lol me too. People that have been into hiding suddenly turn out from nowhere to seek relevance or worse comes to worst; ministerial position if not VP.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by IbrahimDamola: 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Sannisege:

e pain am!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by chloride6: 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Agbakoba

Confirm guy with stubborn head.

Not bad

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by ozodigboo(m): 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Jeez ! I now know APC is desperate.
countless faceless Apc idiats trying to suggest what will bring Atiku's downfall.
Which one is Agbakoba ? lol

his options are Peter Obi.....Okonjo Iweala.....Soluudo....Ekweremadu

if he must go SW, then Akinwummi Adesina

10 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Rubbish

Buhari till 2023 I must vote buhari it's payback time y'all must continue to suffer

Shebi you go follow for the sufferment and fit be next to be killed by fulani herdsmen sef cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by laffwitmi: 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Loanguyng: 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
Read my signature ��
Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by beresponsible(m): 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
This one for VP. Tired of all those ugly ones

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by hucienda: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
Atiku don turn hot cake o smiley

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate by Sannisege: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
Your name na okoye na, so we know where you are coming from. Pele you will wail till 2023
OkoyeA1:
If Atiku likes he should pick Buhari as VP

I would still vote him so far he is not divisive, nepotistic or a tribal bigot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money / Oshiomhole Forecloses Automatic Tickets For Kogi, Bauchi, Kaduna Govs / Uwazuruike To Set Up Parallel Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.