Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

2019: Hingah Biem Emerges SDP Benue Guber Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Hingah Biem Emerges SDP Benue Guber Candidate (205 Views)

Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election / APC Appeal Committee Nullifies Benue Guber Primaries / Benue Guber Campaigns: Apc, Pdp Trade Accusations Over Violence In Gbajimba …i A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: Hingah Biem Emerges SDP Benue Guber Candidate by 19Ebisco: 6:23am On Oct 11, 2018
Thousands of Social Democratic Party(SDP) supporters and residents have celebrated the emergence of a retired Permanent Secretary Bureau of Internal Affairs and Special Services, Benue State, Mr. Hingah Biem, as the party’s governorship candidate for 2019 general elections.

Biem,who played a key role in the aborted third Republic during the administration of late Rev. Father Moses Adasu, the second civilian governor of Benue state betwen 1992 to 1993 on the platform of SDP, was elected by the party’s members across the twenty three local government areas through direct primaries.

Cross section of Benue residents who spoke with LEADERSHIP, in joyful mood described Biem as a competent, reliable and credible alternative to tackle the backwardness of the state in 2019.

In his address, entitled ‘The Benue Rescue Project Is On Course’ after accepting his nomination, at the SDP state secretariat,Biem, who commended party members for electing him, said the mission of rescuing Benue from the vicious grip of poverty and under development has truly begun.

Biem said:”It is with a deep sense of gratitude to the leadership and members of our great party, the Social Democratic Party, that I, Hon Hingah Biem, now accept my nomination as the governorship candidate of our party in the forthcoming general elections”

“The Benue Rescue Project, which I have conceived and initiated, will put smiles on the faces of our long-suffering people, restore the fading glories of our state and rediscover the abandoned pathways to socio-economic development created by the first and second civilian governors of Benue State. It will engender an era of prosperity where our people, irrespective of tongue or party affiliation, will find accommodation and fulfillment”

He noted:”But first, our party men and women, who have worked so hard in propagating the ideals of our party in all the nooks and corners of Benue, must redouble their efforts to ensure that all people of goodwill are brought onboard this mission. And that will require sparing no resource till every man and woman in every community has heard about what this Rescue Mission portends for them”

Biem added:”At this point, I must appreciate my fellow contestants in the fight for the right to represent our party in the approaching governorship election. Your exemplary conduct and the ideas you have purveyed have further convinced me that the SDP is indeed the home of true progressives. I share your vision for a better society and I call on you to join hands with me to build a greater Benue of our dreams”

“I also thank the leadership of our party for consistently standing by the founding principles of the SDP even in the face of extreme pressures. By insisting that the right thing be done, you have set a gold standard for party politics and administration in our state. May you find the strength and courage to continue to stand for due process, justice, equity and fairness.

“I am equally grateful to my supporters for believing in me and the Rescue Project I have undertaken. Your faith and hardwork are the catalysts for this achievement, and further sacrifices will be needed from you in the days ahead as we battle well-resourced and formidable opponents for the ultimate prize- the governorship of Benue State”

To the general electorate, especially the men and women whose burdens have multiplied due to the wicked and deliberate maladministration of the current regime, I say your liberation is near at hand. I urge you to believe in this Rescue Project and to work towards its realization. Resolve to cast your vote for the SDP on election day as a way out of the present debacle. You owe yourselves and future generations a duty to prevent the Benue ship from capsizing” he said.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/2019-hingah-biem-emerges-sdp-benue.html

(1) (Reply)

APC Tackles INEC Over Zamfara, Says It Will Present Candidates For 2019 Election / Emir Sanusi Reads Riot Act To Northern Governors On Education / 2019: Atiku & Buhari, A Ticket To Aso Rock And A Return Trip To Daura By Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.