Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Why Akume Is After Me - Benue State Gov. Ortom Reiterates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Akume Is After Me - Benue State Gov. Ortom Reiterates (219 Views)

Why Akume Is Best Candidate For APC National Chairmanship Position - Lawani / Why Akume May Be Disqualified To Contest APC National Chairmanship / Suswam About Going To Abuja, Akume Is On His Way Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Akume Is After Me - Benue State Gov. Ortom Reiterates by owoicho13(m): 10:10am On Oct 11, 2018
The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has warned Senator from the North Western part of the state, Goerge Akume against godfatherism in the state.

Ortom warned that the type of godfatherism being practised in Lagos State will not work in Benue State.

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and ICT, Tahav Agerzua, the governor said Akume, who was a former governor of the state was attacking him not because he had not performed but because he refused to bow to godfatherism.

Ortom said this in reaction to a statement credited to Akume, where he described his performance in office as abysmal.

Reacting, Ortom’s aide said, “Akume’s criticism of Governor Samuel Ortom has nothing to do with performance but everything to do with Ortom’s refusal to be subservient and be subjugated to his (Akume’s) whims.

“It has become a trend for Nigerian godfathers to suffocate their godchildren for failing to be totally slavish to them.

“This is unfortunate of godfathers who see themselves as gods as it happened in Lagos State.

“Unfortunately for Akume, he failed to achieve the same selfish dreams for Ortom in like manner.”

Ortom had earlier accused Akume of embezzling the sum of N2bn from the state treasury

source: https://www.benuepress.com/2018/10/why-akume-is-after-me-benue-state-gov-ortom-reiterates/

Re: Why Akume Is After Me - Benue State Gov. Ortom Reiterates by owoicho13(m): 10:10am On Oct 11, 2018
Re: Why Akume Is After Me - Benue State Gov. Ortom Reiterates by Kingosytex(m): 10:13am On Oct 11, 2018
akume wants to turn u into a zombie just like the way jagaban successfully turned the lagos state governors

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Udeme Shooting And APC Chasing Shadows / Will Your Vote For Apc Or Pdp End Boko Haram / What Amaechi Discussed With UN Delegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.