Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista (9807 Views)

Peter Obi Team Is As Sectional As APC's Muslim Pair - Tonye Barcanista / 4 Reasons Nigerians Can't Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista / "We Are All Nigerians For Peter Obi" Oseloka Obaze Replies Tonye Barcanista. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by quickberry(m): 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2018
Source: https://omojuwa.com/2016/11/4-reasons-nigerians-cannot-afford-atiku-aso-rock-tonye-barcanista/

I have been observing the recent moves by a former Vice President of Nigeria Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, who is also a veteran aspirant for the office of the President. Atiku Abubakar has suddenly shifted from his subtle campaign for President to what seem to be like an almost direct campaign for the number one seat in the country. In the Social media, some sycophantic groups and individual with inspiration from their stomach have been making noise by endorsing the Turaki Adamawa-perhaps, with expectation of gratification “when the time comes”.

While I am not against Alhaji Atiku Abubakar to exercise his right to aspire for the office of the President in 2019 or any office in Nigeria, I have the responsibility as a young man, a patriot and a youth leader in my own right to enlighten Nigerians and eligible voters about Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s candidacy (just like I would to any other aspirant for the office).

I shall give some reasons why Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is unfit to occupy the office he is aspiring for;

1. Lack of Integrity:

During the period when he was the Vice President of the country, Atiku was appointed to chair the Petroleum Technology Development Fund by the President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. As Chairman of Petroleum Training Development Fund(PTDF), Atiku lodged over $30million and $164 in Trans International Bank and Equatorial Trust Bank respectively from the account of PTDF according to EFCC’s forensive indictment in 2006. In fact, ‘loans’ that yielded interest as high as 15% to the banks were collected from the said banks by Atiku and his proteges AFTER PTDF millions of dollars has been lodged with the illegal account. It was all business! When the deal was busted in 2006, Atiku simply said that he ‘kept the monies for safe-keeping’ and even claimed that he deserves commendation. He brought back the PTDF “capital” that he put in private account and benefited hugely from it.

Atiku Abubakar was indicted by EFCC, Senate, and a Presidential Committee. He is yet to clear his name. As usual, a court that he went to never discussed whether he was innocent or guilty, but simply said the FG Committee lacks power to investigate and indict Atiku Abubakar because they weren’t courts.

You may look these for reference.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6402241.stm
www.saharareporters.com/2006/09/24/objatiku-scandal-what-efcc-failed-disclose-thenewssaharareporters
www.saharareporters.com/2007/02/28/breaking-news-ptdf-scandal-senate-indicts-obj-atiku-impeachment-motion-looms

It is a shame that we are in a country where we forget easily. Otherwise, how could sane Nigerians be asking for Atiku’s Presidency when Nigerians in unison were asking for him to come out clean as for back as 2006.

Apart from the PTDF, Nigerians are yet to understand how Alhaji Atiku Abubakar from a humble background became an extraordinary billionaire despite the fact that most of his productive adult life was spent in the Nigeria Custom Service.

There is also an indictment on Atiku in the USA, I am yet to see him take up the challenge to take a trip to the United States as requested by exPresident Olusegun Obasanjo in 2014.

2. Tribal Supremacism:

One of the challenge of President Buhari’s administration is that he is more aligned with his brothers in the north than with the rest of the country, hough Buhari has never hidden where is primary loyalty lies (his north). While many think Atiku is detribalised (we can only be patriotic and not detribalised anyway), the bare truth is that Atiku is a northern supremacist that believe that his northerners should always align with their own. Unlike Buhari, Atiku is pretentious about his- but his sin shall find him out.

In 2010, in their bid to stop Goodluck Jonathan from seeking the ticket of PDP in the 2011 Presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, Aliyu Gusau, Gen IBB and Bukola Saraki(now Senate President) all submitted themselves to Adamu Ciroma led Northern Political Leaders Forum to come up with a consensus NORTHERN candidate to upstage Southern Goodluck Jonathan. Atiku was eventually chosen as the eventual “northern candidate” over Saraki, who wasn’t considered “northern enough” by the Ciroma led Forum. Atiku led a campaign in the north that he christened “Naka Sai Naka” meaning “Northerners go for your own”.

The record is there for all to see http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-12193681

3. Insincerity And Deception:

Atiku is a very wealthy man no doubt, but of late we have seen a picture of him drinking sachet water aka pure water. When did Atiku start drinking such? Who is he trying to deceive? We won’t forget the N40 sacthet Milo/tea gimmicks that the Buhari campaign employed to deceive gullible Nigerians into believing that he was a “poor man”. We won’t forget the “akara” frying stunt of Mrs Aisha Buhari during the electioneering period in 2015. We should realise that when politicians are desperate, they take to any act just to impress and deceiving the gullible into giving them their votes. #NeverAgain should we be falling for such. It amounts to deception in the part of the elite to continue to use such gimmicks.

Also, Atiku has been making case for federalism and stuffs, but in ALL his years in Aso Rock as VeePee, he never initiated nor suggested such. In fact, Atiku was a very powerful VeePee between 1999 and 2003, as he was in charge of home-front while Obasanjo was travelling the world, yet he never thought of any pro-Federalism/restructuring policy. It is true that he fought against the third term agenda of Obasanjo, but we all know that he did it so that he can be able to succeed the president in 2007- he didn’t do it for Nigeria.

4. What Does He Have To Offer That He Can’t Suggest To Incumbents?

Atiku is part of the political system in Nigeria. In 1993 he ran for President, but lost to MKO Abiola in the Social Democratic Party primary election. In 2007, he ran for Presidency under Action Congress, but lost to Umaru Yaradua of PDP, and coming behing ANPP’s General Buhari. In 2011 he ran for Presidency and lost to Jonathan in the contest for PDP ticket. In 2014, he ran again but lost to Muhammadu Buhari in the APC primary, coming behind second placed Rabiu Kwankwaso. Now he is eyeing 2019! What is Atiku looking for after serving as Vice President for eight years? What did he forget in the villa that he wants to go back to get?

Atiku is already 70, he will be 73 in 2019, he is not an outsider of the system (like the American Trump), what does he have to offer that he couldn’t offer as VeePee? What stops him from sharing his “developmental” ideas to the incumbents since 1999 (considering that he was always in the incumbent parties)? What stops Alhaji Atiku from grooming younger, smarter and intelligent politician for the plum job?

Like I said earlier in my first paragraph, I am not against the right of Atiku to seek office, but I am against the idea of him becoming President. Nigeria cannot afford to continue to rotate failures and grannies. We need generational shift in leadership, we need to retire the system elite and bring him visionaries in 2019.

Nigeria has to be great for our own good, and we must make it great!

48 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by HungerBAD: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2018
Laughing.

I will sit this one out.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by BiafranBushBoy: 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2018
This guy is just....

And the unstable nighur who has moved from party to party, dropping senseless articles for paymasters who don't know about his existence is yet to give up.

I don't campaign against Buhari...

I only tell his supporters who love him one simple statement...

"Their lives till they die will be like the past 3 years of Buhari in power"

That is how their lives will be like...

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by soberdrunk(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2018
The fact is Atiku has every right to be in Aso Rock(although i am not a fan of Atiku) but if he truly means well for the average Nigerian, he must first apologize to Nigerians in a live video broadcast for being part of an administration that failed us and then make another video in Washington Dc to prove to us that the "allegations" are false...... angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by CilicMarin: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
No wonder only one Section of the Country support him..

Atiku is a thief that can NEVER ENTER Aso Rock.

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by abduljabbar4(m): 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
This election is between ipob who wish to burn down the country and Nigerians.
Buhari all the way. Let the flat-headed ipoop fools cry againcheesy

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by SarkinYarki: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
If a whole you don't know how Atiku became rich then I am very sorry for you .... Well that said there is no going back on this Atiku must be Nigerias next President !!!!

20 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2018
quickberry:
Source: https://omojuwa.com/2016/11/4-reasons-nigerians-cannot-afford-atiku-aso-rock-tonye-barcanista/

I have been observing the recent moves by a former Vice President of Nigeria Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, who is also a veteran aspirant for the office of the President. Atiku Abubakar has suddenly shifted from his subtle campaign for President to what seem to be like an almost direct campaign for the number one seat in the country. In the Social media, some sycophantic groups and individual with inspiration from their stomach have been making noise by endorsing the Turaki Adamawa-perhaps, with expectation of gratification “when the time comes”.

While I am not against Alhaji Atiku Abubakar to exercise his right to aspire for the office of the President in 2019 or any office in Nigeria, I have the responsibility as a young man, a patriot and a youth leader in my own right to enlighten Nigerians and eligible voters about Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s candidacy (just like I would to any other aspirant for the office).

I shall give some reasons why Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is unfit to occupy the office he is aspiring for;

1. Lack of Integrity:

During the period when he was the Vice President of the country, Atiku was appointed to chair the Petroleum Technology Development Fund by the President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. As Chairman of Petroleum Training Development Fund(PTDF), Atiku lodged over $30million and $164 in Trans International Bank and Equatorial Trust Bank respectively from the account of PTDF according to EFCC’s forensive indictment in 2006. In fact, ‘loans’ that yielded interest as high as 15% to the banks were collected from the said banks by Atiku and his proteges AFTER PTDF millions of dollars has been lodged with the illegal account. It was all business! When the deal was busted in 2006, Atiku simply said that he ‘kept the monies for safe-keeping’ and even claimed that he deserves commendation. He brought back the PTDF “capital” that he put in private account and benefited hugely from it.

Atiku Abubakar was indicted by EFCC, Senate, and a Presidential Committee. He is yet to clear his name. As usual, a court that he went to never discussed whether he was innocent or guilty, but simply said the FG Committee lacks power to investigate and indict Atiku Abubakar because they weren’t courts.

You may look these for reference.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6402241.stm
www.saharareporters.com/2006/09/24/objatiku-scandal-what-efcc-failed-disclose-thenewssaharareporters
www.saharareporters.com/2007/02/28/breaking-news-ptdf-scandal-senate-indicts-obj-atiku-impeachment-motion-looms

It is a shame that we are in a country where we forget easily. Otherwise, how could sane Nigerians be asking for Atiku’s Presidency when Nigerians in unison were asking for him to come out clean as for back as 2006.

Apart from the PTDF, Nigerians are yet to understand how Alhaji Atiku Abubakar from a humble background became an extraordinary billionaire despite the fact that most of his productive adult life was spent in the Nigeria Custom Service.

There is also an indictment on Atiku in the USA, I am yet to see him take up the challenge to take a trip to the United States as requested by exPresident Olusegun Obasanjo in 2014.

2. Tribal Supremacism:

One of the challenge of President Buhari’s administration is that he is more aligned with his brothers in the north than with the rest of the country, hough Buhari has never hidden where is primary loyalty lies (his north). While many think Atiku is detribalised (we can only be patriotic and not detribalised anyway), the bare truth is that Atiku is a northern supremacist that believe that his northerners should always align with their own. Unlike Buhari, Atiku is pretentious about his- but his sin shall find him out.

In 2010, in their bid to stop Goodluck Jonathan from seeking the ticket of PDP in the 2011 Presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, Aliyu Gusau, Gen IBB and Bukola Saraki(now Senate President) all submitted themselves to Adamu Ciroma led Northern Political Leaders Forum to come up with a consensus NORTHERN candidate to upstage Southern Goodluck Jonathan. Atiku was eventually chosen as the eventual “northern candidate” over Saraki, who wasn’t considered “northern enough” by the Ciroma led Forum. Atiku led a campaign in the north that he christened “Naka Sai Naka” meaning “Northerners go for your own”.

The record is there for all to see http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-12193681

3. Insincerity And Deception:

Atiku is a very wealthy man no doubt, but of late we have seen a picture of him drinking sachet water aka pure water. When did Atiku start drinking such? Who is he trying to deceive? We won’t forget the N40 sacthet Milo/tea gimmicks that the Buhari campaign employed to deceive gullible Nigerians into believing that he was a “poor man”. We won’t forget the “akara” frying stunt of Mrs Aisha Buhari during the electioneering period in 2015. We should realise that when politicians are desperate, they take to any act just to impress and deceiving the gullible into giving them their votes. #NeverAgain should we be falling for such. It amounts to deception in the part of the elite to continue to use such gimmicks.

Also, Atiku has been making case for federalism and stuffs, but in ALL his years in Aso Rock as VeePee, he never initiated nor suggested such. In fact, Atiku was a very powerful VeePee between 1999 and 2003, as he was in charge of home-front while Obasanjo was travelling the world, yet he never thought of any pro-Federalism/restructuring policy. It is true that he fought against the third term agenda of Obasanjo, but we all know that he did it so that he can be able to succeed the president in 2007- he didn’t do it for Nigeria.

4. What Does He Have To Offer That He Can’t Suggest To Incumbents?

Atiku is part of the political system in Nigeria. In 1993 he ran for President, but lost to MKO Abiola in the Social Democratic Party primary election. In 2007, he ran for Presidency under Action Congress, but lost to Umaru Yaradua of PDP, and coming behing ANPP’s General Buhari. In 2011 he ran for Presidency and lost to Jonathan in the contest for PDP ticket. In 2014, he ran again but lost to Muhammadu Buhari in the APC primary, coming behind second placed Rabiu Kwankwaso. Now he is eyeing 2019! What is Atiku looking for after serving as Vice President for eight years? What did he forget in the villa that he wants to go back to get?

Atiku is already 70, he will be 73 in 2019, he is not an outsider of the system (like the American Trump), what does he have to offer that he couldn’t offer as VeePee? What stops him from sharing his “developmental” ideas to the incumbents since 1999 (considering that he was always in the incumbent parties)? What stops Alhaji Atiku from grooming younger, smarter and intelligent politician for the plum job?

Like I said earlier in my first paragraph, I am not against the right of Atiku to seek office, but I am against the idea of him becoming President. Nigeria cannot afford to continue to rotate failures and grannies. We need generational shift in leadership, we need to retire the system elite and bring him visionaries in 2019.

Nigeria has to be great for our own good, and we must make it great!

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by Racoon(m): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2018
It's painful that the old brigade of politicians e.g.Buhari, OBJ, Atiku, David Mark, Jeremiah Useni, Jonah Jang etc have refused to leave our political scene for the younger generation.

Instead they have so much monitized our politics that the younger generation find it almost impossible to find their political footing.So since this is the pathetic political culdesac Nigeria have found itself, we have to make do with what is on ground

Regardless of whatsoever alleged corruption on Atiku I dont buy it because he have not been convicted by any court of competent jurisdiction.Besides he is a pan-Nigeria(@ least from the little known of him @ present), not a bigot/fanatic (unlike Buhari),very enterprising & humanitarian.

Having seen all that Buhari can offer, I guess Nigeria will need to give him a chance.When he misbehave, then vote him out while the cycle continues until we get it right.

20 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by Petmodan(m): 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2018
story for the gods abegi

14 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by baliyubla: 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2018
What a joke.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by ashacot: 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2018
God will never forgive me and my family if we vote atiku.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by hucienda: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
grin

OP this 2016 table you are shaking in 2018 ehn ... Even a chameleon would salute "Shuun Saa!" at the ever changing political views of the author of this piece. cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by Bills2307(m): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
abduljabbar4:

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by quickberry(m): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by Afamed: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
Someone that could spend millions dollar $ on delegates definitely will mortgage the remains of Nigeria foreign savings. No to Atikulooting.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by waleadex(m): 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2018
Posterity shall surely take its due course...
Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by thundafire: 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2018
BMC crew I hail ooo no mshow for una back to daura

12 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by abduljabbar4(m): 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2018
[quote author=Bills2307 post=71985866][/quote]
coward. Cant you type?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by SarkinYarki: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2018
ashacot:
God will never forgive me and my family if we vote atiku.

God forgiveness is already far from any Buharist so don't worry it doesn't make a difference now

11 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by ChrisMafian: 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
g
Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by MrJanuzaj: 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
SarkinYarki:
If a whole you don't know how Atiku became rich then I am very sorry for you .... Well that said there is no going back on this Atiku must be Nigerias Biafruad next President !!!!

FIXED

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2018
Chineke!!! Hahaha see casting

Anyway, this article was written in 2016 when Atiku was in APC, now that he's in PDP and our candidate the position is no longer valid.

Atiku 4 President

PDP

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by neezar: 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tonye why are u campaigning against ur party man??

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2018
neezar:
Tonye why are u campaigning against ur party man??
Na old article o... When Atiku de APC

This decamping and political transfer de fall person hand o.

14 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by chicoMX(m): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2018
The post was even 2 years ago. As for me and my family we will vote Atiku.

and if Atiku disappoints, we shop for another grin

13 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by neezar: 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Na old article o... When Atiku de APC

This decamping and political transfer de fall person hand o.
Lol

Thought as much

I no even look the Op name

7 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by buhariguy(m): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2018
OK

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2018
abduljabbar4:

back to Daura

14 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by LadyExcellency: 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tonyebarcanista,

Truth be told, except for few additions because of differential attainments and some of Atiku's acquired statues. You are almost directly proportional to Atiku.

You can substitute Atiku for Tonye. Same people, same ideology. No principle

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by babytoun: 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Anyway, this article was written in 2016 when Atiku was in APC, now that he's in PDP and our candidate the position is no longer valid.

Atiku 4 President

PDP

You self ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista by SarkinYarki: 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Atiku 4 President

PDP

Even the owner of the article has dissociated himself from it and is fully Atikiulated ....please take this article down now

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malami, Northern Political Forces Blocking Abba Kyari’s Extradition – HURIWA / Be Courageous To Handover Power To PDP In 2023 — Gov Wike Tells APC / PDP G-5 Must Stop Arrogating Powers They Don’t Have To Themselves – Babatope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.