Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach (6972 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain / Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by shadrach77: 11:59am On Jul 13, 2010
BREAKING NEWS! former nigerian international and ex-under 23 coach samson siasia has just been announced as the coach of the super eagles
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by FBS: 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2010
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by snowdrops(m): 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2010
For real? And what happens to Lagerbark?

Hope they wont say Siasia should work under him.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by yousouph(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2010
at last
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by blacksta(m): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2010
God is good all the time - Good will eventually prevail over evil - Super eagles will be great in two and four years time. Please abeg get rid of largerback - spot on useless. No more Yak and co
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by obinna5000(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2010
Samson Siasia takes over from Lars Lagerback. smiley
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Kx: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2010
Thats good news.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by naso2(m): 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2010
Good decision .

However i suspect that the remaining criminals at the glass house are trying to use this decision to warm their way into our hearts. we are not fooled. yes appoint SIA1, but the other thieving members of the board must go.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by 12large: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2010
this news na big lie, today that idiot that calls himself dominic iorfa said that naija is playing south korea on august 11 and most of the world cup players would form the team excuse is that there is no time. what kind of rubbish is that, he even said lars would return if he wants. anyway if lars is nigeria coach we should just forget about new young players, because i would put my morgage on this lars would call up exactly the same players.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Olaolufred(m): 3:46pm On Jul 13, 2010
The good news of the year.

Why would these corrupt civil servants wait till they give Nigerians heartbreak b4 doing right thing?

Wellcome SIA 1.

Pls do your best to put your name on Gold as an Indigenious Coach.

Most of us believe you can, pls proove us right.

God bless.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by snowdrops(m): 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
hope the news is for real. siasia should be left to function for at least 4 yrs.

even if he does not get it right the first time, he should be left alone, with no pressure put upon him
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by AjanleKoko: 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2010
snowdrops:

hope the news is for real. siasia should be left to function for at least 4 yrs.

even if he does not get it right the first time, he should be left alone, with no pressure put upon him

Easier said than done bro.
This is football, and money is involved, not to mention the passion of millions. They can't leave him alone. He must be pressured to deliver.
That said, the NFF should start to put a program in place, like the Germans did. That one should not be left to Siasia.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by snowdrops(m): 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2010
the English left capello alone even after their worst world cup performance. same is said of other coaches.

Clemens westerhof was hired ? 1989, it took three nations cups before he triumphed and the second world cup before he took us to our best ever showing.

if you want quick result then we better employ a magician and not a coach.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by usbcable(m): 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2010
ODD

I thought they reported he was recently appointed as the new coach of heartland F.C.

and also he is part of the presidential task force or whatever they call them.

So how on earth is he going to handle the three roles.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by proudly9ja(m): 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2010
snowdrops:

the English left capello alone even after their worst world cup performance. same is said of other coaches.

Clemens westerhof was hired ? 1989, it took three nations cups before he triumphed and the second world cup before he took us to our best ever showing.

if you want quick result then we better employ a magician and not a coach.
If its true that Lagerback's contract has not been renewed, I would think its more due to his high wages which we cannot maintain for another 4 years than for his abilities.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by AndreUweh(m): 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2010
Siasia lacks ideas now. It was very evident last September at Egypt 2009 U-20 world championship.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Alveez(m): 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2010
Siasia lacks ideas now. It was very evident last September at Egypt 2009 U-20 world championship.

IN EVERY 12 THERE MUST BE A JUDAS , LET alone nairaland where every TOM, DICK and HARRY comes around for public display of their naturally endowed TALENTS. Or how do one explain this act of self imposed FOOLISHNESS.
OR maybe am d only one dt noticed IT, abi ki le feel?

RIDE ON JARE SIA BABA, IF THE NEWS IS TRUE, anyway.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by philip0906(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2010
if this is true,then good. . .but i can imagine nairaland if siasia does not perform. . . grin grin
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2010
Wonderful news! Hope he's given a free hand to do what he wants.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by 9ijaprince(m): 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2010
Did siasia coached our under 17 boys? If yes he has made history as the first coach to handle all the national teams. Kudos to siasia. He is the best we have. Oh i remember Goodluck is with him.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by mensdept: 2:06am On Jul 14, 2010
SO why is BBC saying that Heartland has appointed Siasia as their coach?

Nigerian club Heartland sack coaching staff

Oluwashina Okeleji
BBC Sport Lagos, Nigeria

Former Heartland technical director Kelechi Emeteole
Former Heartland boss is disappointed at having to leave the club

Samson Siasia, who led Nigeria to Olympic silver medal in 2008, has been appointed coach of Caf Champions League campaigners Heartland of Owerri.

Highly respected in the country following his success with the national youth teams, the 42-year-old had also been tipped to succeed Lars Lagerback as the Super Eagles coach before the Heartland appointment.

Club spokesman Cajetan Nkwopara said Siasia has been given a six-month contract with the 'Naze Millionaires' six days before they face Egyptian side Al-Ahly in the Caf Champions League.

"Siasia was presented to the media on Monday evening and has since joined the team at their training camp in Nnewi," Nkwopara told BBC Sport.

"His first task is to make sure the team win against Ahly on Sunday and he has told us he is here for business.

"He comes with a wealth of experience and he will surely enjoy the support of the management, fans, players and everyone connected with this club," Nkwopara continued.

Siasia, a former Nigerian international striker replaces Kelechi Emeteole, who was in charge when the club finished as runner-up in last year's Champions League.

Despite his relationship with the team dating back to the 1970s, Emeteole was fired following the club's eight place finish in the just concluded Nigeria league season.

But Emeteole insists his sack had nothing to do with the performance of the team on the pitch but off it.

"My players were always demanding because they owe them a lot, the players were always going on strike." Emeteole told BBC Sport.

"And they [club management] said that I and my chief coach are the brain behind it, that we instigated it.

"But we have been doing a lot to make sure they carry on until money is available," he continued.

Emeteole says he is concerned about the timing of his sack.

"The coach that is coming is good, but the problem is the timing. I don't see how he can do magic to succeed.

"But you know Nigeria that's our mentality. You saw what happened to the guy that qualified us to the World Cup.

"But at the end they removed him and you see how our team did in South Africa. I just pray that doesn't happen to Heartland.

"Having reached the final last year, my expectation was that we would have to do everything possible to take the trophy this year."
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by IbrahimB: 5:57am On Jul 14, 2010
mens dept:

SO why is BBC saying that Heartland has appointed Siasia as their coach?

That's not a problem. It doesn't take 30 minutes to write a resignation letter.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by dolu2007(m): 8:02am On Jul 14, 2010
Siasia has what it takes to do the Job,but i dont think the news is 4 real

Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by otokx(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2010
I am not excited.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by MOBO444(f): 8:39am On Jul 14, 2010
We need a source please, credible source,
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by trusted(m): 8:43am On Jul 14, 2010
Let see if he can assemble the real SUPER EAGLE
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by jokingmary(m): 8:48am On Jul 14, 2010
At last those bunger fishes are coming to their senses

What happens to LagreBark
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by papa190(m): 9:01am On Jul 14, 2010
siasia should come to me for ideas
and i promise u nairalander's i wont dissapoint~
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by oisehumen(m): 9:02am On Jul 14, 2010
But how come no daily Nigerian newspapers has reported this news?  
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Olaolufred(m): 9:02am On Jul 14, 2010
Lagerback had already lagged back.

Larger must go, needed more in sweeden.

Siasia is our own. More tested to give result when needed.

Let him stay and help assemble our desired new eagles.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by chyboi1: 9:05am On Jul 14, 2010
oisehumen:

But how come no daily Nigerian newspapers has reported this news?

not even sports yarn on wazobia grin grin
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Iyineda(m): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2010
The news is fake guys. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samuel Peter Loses Again / Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? / Usa Vs Spain Fifa U-17 Lights At Kano Stadium Goes Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.