Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu (30360 Views)

President Buhari Presides Over National Honours In Abuja (Pictures) / Tinubu Graduated With Honors From Our School, Says Chicago University / Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35 Billion On Buhari’s Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by cruzie75(m): 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
All of a sudden first class has turned o first-in-class. I weep die.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by mamatayour(f): 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
This man can lie sha

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Bianda24: 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2018
First in class is a great feet

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2018
Here We Go.The Video Speaks 4 Itself.Unless He Denies He Is D 1 In D Video

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by ERockson: 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2018
grin
chieyine:

DR. EMMANUEL IBE KACHIKWU, THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF STATE, PETROLEUM RESOURCES have refuted the publications made by premium times concerning obtaining first class honours in the faculty of Law University of Nigeria.
In a letter made available to Naija Politico he wrote;
Re: FACT-CHECK: Document shows Kachikwu lied about graduating with First Class in Law
My attention has been drawn to a publication on an online medium Premium Times with a title "FACT-CHECK: Document shows Kachikwu lied about graduating with First Class in Law". In the publication the writer alleged that l, Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu misrepresented information about obtaining a First Class Degree from the prestigious University of Nigeria Nsukka, citing a presentation done at Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) Abuja.
I would like to categorically state the following facts;
1. That my official CV and resume is in the public domain and has been submitted to various levels of Government and Parastatals. Also the document clearly states that Dr. Kachikwu obtained a "Second Class Honours (Upper Division) degree" from the Faculty of Law in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where I
graduated as best student in 1978. In addition, no First Class Honours were awarded by UNN that year.
However, I was on the list for best graduands with Second Class Upper Honours for that year. At no time
have I misled the Nigerian public or my colleagues in believing otherwise.
2. On the presentation I made at the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) cited by Premium Times, the substance of the assertions was to the effect that I had a first class performance in school and was emphasizing on the need for hard work amongst youths to get them to the top of their game.
3. To give credence to the statements made during that presentation, I was the best graduating student in the Nigerian Law School in the year 1979 (the first in class) with multiple prizes (winning 5 out of all 7 prizes given). In 1979, the Nigerian Law School had not begun a process of classifying its certificates. That begun many years later. However best graduands have subsequently now been classified in the First Class
category by the Law School.

My results in Harvard University, which is captured in my CV correctly states that I was a Distinction graduate for the Master's degree programme (First in Class) at Harvard University and I went on to obtain my SJD in a record time of one and a half years.
4. I have worked at the highest level of the Oil and Gas industry globally for over 3 decades and indeed lectured at respectable global institutions like University of Ife, Nigerian Law School and Harvard Law
School.
5. Since my appointment three years ago, first as Group Managing Director (GMD) of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), then as GMD/Honourable Minister of State, and now as Honourable Minister of State, Petroleum Resources, championed the change agenda in the Petroleum sector and changed the narrative on performance in the sector.
I have also taken the liberty to attach my CV that shows all my awards and accomplishments.
Thank you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/i-never-said-i-graduated-with-first-class-honours-in-unn-law-ibe-kachukwu/
Kwachuku has changed the lies. first class to First in class. grin
chieyine:

DR. EMMANUEL IBE KACHIKWU, THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF STATE, PETROLEUM RESOURCES have refuted the publications made by premium times concerning obtaining first class honours in the faculty of Law University of Nigeria.
Re: FACT-CHECK: Document shows Kachikwu lied about graduating with First Class in Law
My attention has been drawn to a publication on an online medium Premium Times with a title "FACT-CHECK: Document shows Kachikwu lied about graduating with First Class in Law". In the publication the writer alleged that l, Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu misrepresented information about obtaining a First Class Degree from the prestigious University of Nigeria Nsukka, citing a presentation done at Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) Abuja.
1. That my official CV and resume is in the public domain and has been submitted to various levels of Government and Parastatals. Also the document clearly states that Dr. Kachikwu obtained a "Second Class Honours (Upper Division) degree" from the Faculty of Law in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where I
graduated as best student in 1978. In addition, no First Class Honours were awarded by UNN that year.
However, I was on the list for best graduands with Second Class Upper Honours for that year. At no time
2. On the presentation I made at the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) cited by Premium Times, the substance of the assertions was to the effect that I had a first class performance in school and was emphasizing on the need for hard work amongst youths to get them to the top of their game.
3. To give credence to the statements made during that presentation, I was the best graduating student in the Nigerian Law School in the year 1979 (the first in class) with multiple prizes (winning 5 out of all 7 prizes given). In 1979, the Nigerian Law School had not begun a process of classifying its certificates. That begun many years later. However best graduands have subsequently now been classified in the First Class

My results in Harvard University, which is captured in my CV correctly states that I was a Distinction graduate for the Master's degree programme (First in Class) at Harvard University and I went on to obtain my SJD in a record time of one and a half years.
4. I have worked at the highest level of the Oil and Gas industry globally for over 3 decades and indeed lectured at respectable global institutions like University of Ife, Nigerian Law School and Harvard Law
School.
5. Since my appointment three years ago, first as Group Managing Director (GMD) of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), then as GMD/Honourable Minister of State, and now as Honourable Minister of State, Petroleum Resources, championed the change agenda in the Petroleum sector and changed the narrative on performance in the sector.
I have also taken the liberty to attach my CV that shows all my awards and accomplishments.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/i-never-said-i-graduated-with-first-class-honours-in-unn-law-ibe-kachukwu/
Kwachuku has changed the lies. first class to First in class.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by In2systemsTech(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
why will 2:1 claim 1st class?... how many of the cabals get 2:2? talkless of 2:1

3 Likes

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by RTSC: 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
The best graduating student in law school is a legitimate first class.

It is not his fault that the law school have not begun grading during his time.

Besides, a 2-1 in law at UNN is a first class anywhere else in Nigeria.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Ranchhoddas: 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
The lie in APC is like a virus, it infects any body that goes closer to LAI Mohammed. . What's the difference between distinction and first class?
After all the explanation guy?

You mumu sha.

Ah you mumu!

4 Likes

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by In2systemsTech(m): 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2018
ERockson:
grin Kwachuku has changed the lies. first class to First in class. grin Kwachuku has changed the lies. first class to First in class.

which class did you graduate with? how many people around you have seen 2:1?

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by AngelicBeing: 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2018
sad

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by frowland(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
The lie in APC is like a virus, it infects any body that goes closer to LAI Mohammed. . What's the difference between distinction and first class?

You are indeed an tool!
Secondly, apart from being a tool, you should know that anybody can edit wiki. Thanks!
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by d33types: 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

Do you know that anybody even you, can edit a Wikipedia page?

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2018
You're much better than who you think you're
Stop looking down on yourself.. Give your dream a chance!
You're Extraordinary!

Rise Up!

Subscribe, Watch, Like & Share this video!

YouTube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf5XJ0KKYEI
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by frowland(m): 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
After all the explanation guy?

You mumu sha.

Ah you mumu!

I weak for that guy.
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by edupedia: 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2018
KanwuliaMama:
Kiafoo o!
Dem dey remove Southern ministers o. grin
But President nor for WAEC! cheesy

Your 419 response is the reason why your looting gang in PDP failed to develop Nigeria...learn to be strsight forward..Kachikwu has disgraced all of u...go hide your faces....Sai Buhari
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by ERockson: 8:15pm On Oct 11, 2018
In2systemsTech:

which class did you graduate with? how many people around you have seen 2:1?
What's in 2:1 that we can't find around. If 2:1 is a big deal around you that's shameful. First class is a grade and it's different to First in class
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by tinsel: 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2018
I am sure none of the guys commenting here are not close to Kachukwu in academic achievements alone.Premium times will be in shame now.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Abuloma80(f): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
[quote author=slivertongue post=71997501]Kachukwu pls atikulate b4 APC destroys u wit dia lies and propaganda[/quote

My Brother Ibe Second Class Upper in 1978 no be beans with these indomies generation. For the fact that no First Class was awarded in that year coupled with the awards he got 5 out of 7 awards is by far more a First Class of today.

As for Atikulation, Atikulate to no where remain with our Baba and let's conclude the good work you have done. All that matters is to consolidate your first term into the coming second term.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
cheesy

Very soon, we may find out you didn't engage in NYSC.
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2018
These Niger deltans can lie.
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Sterope(f): 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
You are using wiki as reference shocked. Which of the mushroom schools did you attend?

BIAFRONIGERIAN:

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Frankenstein90(m): 8:33pm On Oct 11, 2018
What is the matter. Ibe ka chi kuu is a great Friend of mine. We both graduated from First class..
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by cardoctor(m): 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2018
All the other ministers like him (Both past and present) that had 3rd class lower nko?
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Sop201818: 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2018
Show of shame. Naa now unna dey wake up.

tinsel:
I am sure none of the guys commenting here are not close to Kachukwu in academic achievements alone.Premium times will be in shame now.
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by hazardneymar: 8:47pm On Oct 11, 2018
Dey don't understand English hon. Minister

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by SimonMagau: 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2018
tongue
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by folake4u(f): 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2018
Mehn this CV is rich!

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by JuanDeDios: 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2018
hyfr:
What’s with the twisting of English. You want us to believe that you meant you were the best graduating student, why didn’t u say so in your speech at COZA, u used first class to twist brains and gain cheap popularity that moment.
No doubts u know your onions !
Spot on.
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by JuanDeDios: 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2018
RTSC:
The best graduating student in law school is a legitimate first class.

It is not his fault that the law school have not begun grading during his time.

Besides, a 2-1 in law at UNN is a first class anywhere else in Nigeria.
Green is true.
Red is nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by AbelDjassi: 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
Having read the wooly response provided up there; the Petroleum minister is advised to correct all other factual inaccuracies in the public domain, and refrain from indulging in any more fits of exaggeration. wink

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by QuiverBox(f): 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
But on NNPC's Website it says he graduated with First Class

http://www.nnpcgroup.com/PublicRelations/NNPCinthenews/tabid/92/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/572/Dr-Emmanuel-Ibe-Kachikwu-Takes-over-as-GMD-of-NNPC.aspx

chieyine:

School.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
Your records speak Sir.

I am not surprised by ulterances from the typical lazy youths.

Only failures will try to shy away from your excellent academic / professional achievents sir. A product of Havard with "distinction", abeg carry go honourable minister. You will forever remain an inspiration to lovers of success.

Same people that said PMB has no certificate but are quick to give full support to Adeleke whose highest academic qualification is SSCE cert decorated with F9.

Same people said Aisha Buhari cant travel to US because of corruption. Which she proved them wrong. But they are quick to support Atiku who cant go to USA for obvious bribery scandal.

They said PMB is fulani muslem, but are now fully supporting another fulani muslem in Atiku.

They said it is time for young people to rule and that people older than 70years are not fit....but they are now singing for Atiku aged 71years....etc

This set of people always like shifting the goal post to suit their myopic reasoning. They are never objective in their "ATIKULATIONS"

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Father Ejike Mbaka Is Back - Adoration Ministry / Tompolo's 46th Birthday: Niger Delta People Celebrate On The Streets Of Warri / Senate Rejects Sunday Dare’s Appointment Of Kinsman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.