Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu (30354 Views)

President Buhari Presides Over National Honours In Abuja (Pictures) / Tinubu Graduated With Honors From Our School, Says Chicago University / Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35 Billion On Buhari’s Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by ajl: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2018
hyfr:
What’s with the twisting of English. You want us to believe that you meant you were the best graduating student, why didn’t u say so in your speech at COZA, u used first class to twist brains and gain cheap popularity that moment.
No doubts u know your onions !

You don't understand English? You don't know the difference between a first class performance and a first class result. Let me help you. It simply meant he was a top student in his days as an undergraduate student, which does not suggest he had a first class result. Does that help?

He never said he was s first class graduate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
hyfr:
What’s with the twisting of English. You want us to believe that you meant you were the best graduating student, why didn’t u say so in your speech at COZA, u used first class to twist brains and gain cheap popularity that moment.
The guy is consistently brilliant. To be a best graduating student is a class and he has shown himself to be a first class guy. He is a brain and deserves all the positions he got. The journalist should look for somebody else not this guy. This is how they brought Kemi Adeosun down focussing on unimportant things NYSC that have already overlive its usefulness

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by In2systemsTech(m): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2018
ERockson:
What's in 2:1 that we can't find around. If 2:1 is a big deal around you that's shameful. First class is a grade and it's different to First in class

WE are not looking for 2:1 around.... Which one you get? I doubt if you see pass.... but you are here dissing someone that has a 2:1
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by hardbody: 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2018
Several mistakes in the CV. He wrongly spelt academics and also in the portion on books he made another mistake, did he not proofread the cv
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by ERockson: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
Kwachuku claims somebody edited his bio data on wiki that he made First class, did they also force him to say he made First class at COZA church. The liar has now changed "First class"to First in Class. lol grin

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by PFRB: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
hyfr:

You need to go back to school and learn something. From what you say, you did not learn anything in the last schools you attended.
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by rapcy(m): 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
hyfr:
Exactly, I was in church that day.
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by toprealman: 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
SirLakes:
Somebody's road model dey fall hand grin
No be only road model......rail model nko?
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
Sterope:
You are using wiki as reference shocked. Which of the mushroom schools did you attend?

Nice question.... only dull brains will see this man's academic excellence and still want to pick holes
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by alezzy13: 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2018
ajl:

[s]You don't understand English? You don't know the difference between a first class performance and a first class result. Let me help you. It simply meant he was a top student in his days as an undergraduate student, which does not suggest he had a first class result. Does that help?

He never said he was s first class graduate[/s].

The man lied simple. Stop this trash.
It's even more pathetic coming from a lawyer.

The guy is brilliant, no doubt about it. But he did not get a first class. End of.

Time to move on
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by SirLakes: 12:54am On Oct 12, 2018
toprealman:
No be only road model......rail model nko?

lol...... rail model join
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by donqx: 1:21am On Oct 12, 2018
smiley
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Caseless: 1:22am On Oct 12, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
The lie in APC is like a virus, it infects any body that goes closer to LAI Mohammed. . What's the difference between distinction and first class?
this can be inputted by anyone. You don't use this as a source.
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by naijapatriot: 2:08am On Oct 12, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCKcHHCdqI

He clearly said so... Go from 3:17 in this video
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by toprealman: 3:52am On Oct 12, 2018
SirLakes:

lol...... rail model join
Guy man.....lol
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Chukwuka16: 5:13am On Oct 12, 2018
Kachukwu reminds me of an important message I received during my undergrad - 'If you know you have the capacity to graduate with a first class do all to achieve it otherwise no matter how successful you are in the future, the thought of not finishing with one will forever haunt you'. The rest as they say is history.

I watched the video and of course Kachukwu in simple English lied!

A 2.1 is a 2.1. Forget all the attempts at twisting first class to first in class or best graduating student ish.

This should serve as a lesson to the folks who are in school and feel that good grades mean nothing. That's a so-called technocrat and supposedly wealthy man who should not be bothered with grades trying so hard to arrogate to himself something as 'trivial' as finishing with first class.

All his stories of finishing his doctorate under 18 months and having a distinction at masters are just wasted efforts trying to cover a lacuna - he didn't/couldn't make a first class. Afterall folks still finish their doctorate outside Nigeria under 18 months (PhD by publication) after having a first class from the same Nigerian premier universities and distinction at masters level from the so-called abroad.

Give yourself brain. Good grades with great content is still highly valued. Don't argue with anyone. Just work hard and ensure its not la cram la pour. You would be surprised how far such efforts will take you.

May simple oversights in our early years not haunt us in our old age, Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Pataricatering(f): 7:35am On Oct 12, 2018
This is Wikipedia, Lol
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
The lie in APC is like a virus, it infects any body that goes closer to LAI Mohammed. . What's the difference between distinction and first class?
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by hermesprogidy(m): 8:27am On Oct 12, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
Go look up the dictionary meaning of distinction. It does not mean 1st Class. Distinction simply means "set apart from the rest" if he graduated as best student in his set, that qualifies as a distinction. Let's learn the meaning of words rather than assume.
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by hermesprogidy(m): 8:33am On Oct 12, 2018
alezzy13:

The man lied simple. Stop this trash.
It's even more pathetic coming from a lawyer.

The guy is brilliant, no doubt about it. But he did not get a first class. End of.

Time to move on

The guy you quoted is 1000% correct. You on the other hand need to deepen your understanding of concepts. First class degree is not the same as first class performance. He was the best in his set. That is a first class performance.
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by PFRB: 9:56am On Oct 12, 2018
Any UNN graduate is proud of his degree whether it is 3rd class or pass. he has no need to lie about it.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by kellyboo: 11:11am On Oct 12, 2018
Get a lasting solution to your power problem as we offer you an affordable solar power system that befit your budget.
Check my signature please
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by alezzy13: 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
hermesprogidy:

The guy you quoted is 1000% correct. [s]You on the other hand need to deepen your understanding of concepts.[/s] First class degree is not the same as first class performance. He was the best in his set. That is a first class performance.

Abeg make I hear word. 'First class performer' who got a second class degree. I laff in Kwale. undecided undecided

If you guys know just incredibly silly this sounds. Like saying "I passed in flying colors but the university failed me"

Anyway, not interested dragging this. Like i said, the man is definitely very brilliant, and have always respected him right from the days when he used to write his column about his family in the then Hints magazine. But this whole episode was totally unnecessary. There was no need to (perhaps unintentionally) deceive the public.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by Vixlot: 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
Oga you said it
Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by alezzy13: 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
PFRB:
Any UNN graduate is proud of his degree whether it is 3rd class or pass. he has no need to lie about it.

+10000

Words on marble.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu by hermesprogidy(m): 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2018
alezzy13:

Abeg make I hear word. 'First class performer' who got a second class degree. I laff in Kwale. undecided undecided

If you guys know just incredibly silly this sounds. Like saying "I passed in flying colors but the university failed me"

Anyway, not interested dragging this. Like i said, the man is definitely very brilliant, and have always respected him right from the days when he used to write his column about his family in the then Hints magazine. But this whole episode was totally unnecessary. There was no need to (perhaps unintentionally) deceive the public.
Alright matey, whatever rocks your boat. Adios.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku: Niger-Delta Can Have 100% Of Oil Revenues / Ahmed Kadi Amshi Confirmed NASC Chairman Amid Outrage / Palliatives: Why Photograph Of Gov Fintiri Is On Bags Of Rice – Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.