Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Can Someone Bring In A Train For Transportation In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Someone Bring In A Train For Transportation In Nigeria? (694 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) / Man’s Legs Cut Off After Jumping Off A Train In Ikeja, Lagos (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Bring In A Train For Transportation In Nigeria? by fasterwell(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hello Nairalanders

I have been thinking if it is possible for a Nigerian to bring in a narrow gauge train for transport business and what it will cost the NRC to give the permission to ply their routes.

I have noticed with utmost displeasure the fragile and unstable rail system with Port Harcourt and Aba axis despite great numbers of passengers who uses the train on daily basis.

People get frustrated on daily basis due the poor services by the operators. Sometime its either the train is sick with one mechanical fault or it fell some where along the bushy track and is taking enternity to be lifted or no reason given for it not showing up.

I honestly wish it would be posdible for a private firm to bring in a train and run it privately to make more effective and efficient becaause this so called govt workers are not helping at all
Re: Can Someone Bring In A Train For Transportation In Nigeria? by Nbote(m): 10:01pm On Oct 11, 2018
Are U going to lay ur own tracks as well?
Re: Can Someone Bring In A Train For Transportation In Nigeria? by fasterwell(m): 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2018
Nbote:
Are U going to lay ur own tracks as well?

That is why one need NRC approval,

With proper timing and good locomotive, two or three trains can ply the same track
Re: Can Someone Bring In A Train For Transportation In Nigeria? by chukxie(m): 3:07am On Oct 12, 2018
fasterwell:
Hello Nairalanders

I have been thinking if it is possible for a Nigerian to bring in a narrow gauge train for transport business and what it will cost the NRC to give the permission to ply their routes.

I have noticed with utmost displeasure the fragile and unstable rail system with Port Harcourt and Aba axis despite great numbers of passengers who uses the train on daily basis.

People get frustrated on daily basis due the poor services by the operators. Sometime its either the train is sick with one mechanical fault or it fell some where along the bushy track and is taking enternity to be lifted or no reason given for it not showing up.

I honestly wish it would be posdible for a private firm to bring in a train and run it privately to make more effective and efficient becaause this so called govt workers are not helping at all

That's a heavy investment. I would suggest you take it up with the NRC because to the best of my knowledge the railway transportation in Nigeria is run by the government.
Re: Can Someone Bring In A Train For Transportation In Nigeria? by fasterwell(m): 6:38am On Oct 12, 2018
chukxie:

That's a heavy investment. I would suggest you take it up with the NRC because to the best of my knowledge the railway transportation in Nigeria is run by the government.

Yes the system is operated by the govt and i can boldly say that is the reason it is not efficient and suffers poor maintenance,

The govt workers are mostly there to kill the system by illegally enriching themselves and accuse the govt of not funding the railway sector.

Thanks bro
Re: Can Someone Bring In A Train For Transportation In Nigeria? by aariwa(m): 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2018
fasterwell:

Yes the system is operated by the govt and i can boldly say that is the reason it is not efficient and suffers poor maintenance,

The govt workers are mostly there to kill the system by illegally enriching themselves and accuse the govt of not funding the railway sector.

Thanks bro
Atiku is suggesting privatization which I think will be a good idea
Re: Can Someone Bring In A Train For Transportation In Nigeria? by Mulatta(m): 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
Incase they accept, please employ me I know alot about trains, Checkout BREL intercity 125 train with Mark II or III coach, that will give you instant edge over NRC existing trains. Please employ me

(1) (Reply)

Accident Along Gwarinpa Express Killed 2, Sent 1 To Coma / Snake Crawls Over, Rings Door Bell In Texas Home (video) / Direction From Ikotun To Obafemi Awolowo Road, Alausa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.