Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,978 members, 7,810,714 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience (29862 Views)

10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by herkeem: 9:27am On Dec 23, 2023
Early this week news were going round that that the Federal Government of Nigeria has declared that all train travels in Nigeria will be free from the 21st of December to the 4th of January. So I said let me try it out. I created account in their website and booked the train. At first it wasn't successful because I chose standard class, later it went through when I booked the business class. All in all this is my experience.

1. Booking: Booking the tickets was hitch free. All you need is to create account at https://nrc.gsds.ng/login
Log in with your details. You need your BVN and phone number to book online. You can also book for friends and families once you have their BVN.

2. The Station: The train stations are still well maintained and many of the facilities are still in pretty good condition. However they are been underutilized. Maybe the NRC should let out some of the building at the stations to food vendors and shopping centres.

3. The Journey: The journey from Obafemi Awolowo Train Station to Ransome Kuti Station in Ebute Metta Lagos was fun. It took only 2 hours 30 minutes. I think the 30 minutes was for the stops at the stations along the way. The AC was chilly all through the journey and food is available for purchase in the train as no food is allowed to be brought on board.

4. Security: There is adequate provision for safety both at the train station and on the train. Nigerian Army personnel and NSDCD officials were all on ground.

5. The Vibes: The Vibes at the stations and on board the train was cool. The government should be commended for the free train as this is one of the benefits of being a citizen.

Lastly, the government should extend the train tracks to other parts of the country so that the dividend of good governance can be felt by all and sundry.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP1twKiA0dk

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by herkeem: 9:30am On Dec 23, 2023
Good vibes all around.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by AqualinaXYZ: 9:35am On Dec 23, 2023
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by SharingIsLife(m): 9:37am On Dec 23, 2023
Good report. I'm happy to see that this is reported by a citizen who experienced it. No more, "Government Billed To Start This Or That".

Everything should be done to help Nigerians now or they will soon start doing mass burials here and there. Congrats to FG.

We should also try to help ourselves as individuals as well. Check this out for example: 2024: Two Simple Steps To Deal With Hyperinflation As An Individual Anywhere

lexy2014:

how will these fares be paid by Tinubu?

is there budgetary provision for this?

if Tinubu removed fuel subsidy because he said it was not sustainable, how is this different from fuel subsidy?
My answer to this question you asked me is: Let's be alive first. Then, we can do economic analysis. My thinking is that FG has calculated and seen that they'd spend less on this than on fuel subsidy. I just hope that the media rumors about PH refineries is true.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by NoSmoking: 9:43am On Dec 23, 2023
😎
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by herkeem: 9:45am On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know
Ransome kor. There's adequate security on ground.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by o123456789(m): 10:05am On Dec 23, 2023
I hate free things from the Nigerian government, because they will inflate everything single dime they used to sponsor this free train transportation by 1000%. Even in good countries like Australia, USA, UK, Canada and Germany, despite their free amenities to their citizens are transparent and are done with good will and love of the masses, their citizens don't usually like to collect or access these free stuffs due to self contentedness and good living. eg. in Germany which i have witnessed, only a few people uses their free food bank, same is the case when I visited UK. Even in the USA the government usually beg their citizens to file for COVID 19 benefits and even tax refunds, can you imagine?. All we want from the government are (1) Good roads (2) Easy to access business grants (3) Subsidy on off-grid solar energy systems for the masses.
We don't need free train transportation for just a few days for a few people. We want a good life.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by eepeepook: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2023
One day, I will try Nigerian trains. I never get the time yet.

18 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by bigdammyj: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2023
Congratulations to you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Greenfusion: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2023
We hear you
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by AqualinaXYZ: 10:06am On Dec 23, 2023
Chimookigwe:

I know you're from that muddy place. There are plain clothed Policemen there whose duty is to kill your type. Tell your kinsmen who are notorious robbers to try and see.

No that’s not where I am from

I’m from the naturally blessed region that your Brown roof people can’t do without

I’m from the region that y’all depend on your daily income and feeding

By the way can 10million Nigeria police stand 10 bandits?

People wey army no fit stand na police wey dey collect bribe wan stand them

16 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Risingblue008(m): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2023
So na achievement b dis or what?
I
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by GoodRocks: 10:06am On Dec 23, 2023
This isn't an achievement!

If Nigeria was sane, there would have been train rail 🚂 across the entire country, not building train way in one region of the country, then in another region from Sokoto to Niger republic

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by OBTOREPA(m): 10:07am On Dec 23, 2023
That's good
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by dododawa1: 10:07am On Dec 23, 2023
Emefiele Kept £543.4m in Fixed Deposit, Operated 593 Bank Accounts, Manipulated Exchange Rate—Investigator

BUHARI EMEFELIE will riot in pot of Hilda

23 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Luvinghubby: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2023
Nice

Meanwhile my experience last week on the train that runs from Warri to Itakpe Kogi State was horrible.

Toilet was non-functional, the coach was smelling shit, AC was switched off halfway on the journey.

I think the wheels need alignment because the whole coach was vibrating as the train moves.

5 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by BUSHHUNTER: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2023
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by dododawa1: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know
try have small

Positive mind in your life.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Okiton: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2023
grin

With the rate of insecurity in this country I can't travel by train even if it passes through my backyard. Even to enter bus pass Ore dae fear me.
I no get money to pay plane tickets na here I dey, I no dae go anywhere

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by babaRUNtinz(m): 10:08am On Dec 23, 2023
Make una GUO people update us o
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Realist777: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know
Negative energy ain't good

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Hezzyluv: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2023
NIGERIA go better Isha Allah.

I beg, somebody do me Christmas gift I beg e chok.

Zero eight zero 3 4 0 8 0 four zero 7. Opay
Thank you n God bless u.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by excanny: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2023
If they didn't increase fuel prices, there wouldn't be need for free transport cos the average Nigerian could afford inter state travel back then.

2 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by theophorus(m): 10:09am On Dec 23, 2023
Okay
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by PureFace1(m): 10:09am On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know

Insecurity is not that bad in south west.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by 1800s: 10:10am On Dec 23, 2023
I'll try it today
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by remiopash: 10:10am On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know
Nobody will be kidnapped in Jesus name.Amen.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by eteebanky1: 10:10am On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know

This is south West

You think say na Biafra land or ISWAP/Bokoharam land?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Alliswell248: 10:11am On Dec 23, 2023
Why is the thread so dry?
If it were bad news.....so people would have been jubilating all over the world....

Nigeria surely would be great.....

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Kingzjayzee: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Okiton: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2023
eteebanky1:

This is south West

You think say na Biafra land or ISWAP/Bokoharam land?

Fulani herdsmen are there with u bro

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Living In Tanzania / Inside An Illegal Immigration Mass Trial In Texas(Photos) / Ifedioramma D.C Best Traffic Warden In Awka, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.