Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here (27127 Views)

USA Visa Interview; A Must Read / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by axeman85(m): 12:37am On Aug 16, 2010
Fummiee:

@wavixen thanks a mill 4 your prompt response. i'll b visiting my elder sister based in maryland, she's married with kids n she's a nurse. i'll b about 28weeks gone by next week. I applied along side with my husband n son 4 a visiting visa. i am quite anxious cz pregnant friend of mine was refused last year. please does any1 know any likely question n d best answer to give? thanks ,

dont know how it works but if your tummy is bulging then its best you let them know when you go to the embassy 4 ur interview otherwise you might have issues even before you board the flight oo. reason is i watched a programme on sky1 called uk board force. a woman going to usa on transit via uk was denied boarding ooo. becos the lady profiling them at the lagos airport told her that no way yankee will give her busy becos she is heavy pregnant, as they will feel u want to go and born in the usa. anyway as i said. na for tv i watch am.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by ceasyc(f): 2:41am On Aug 16, 2010
axeman85:

dont know how it works but if your tummy is bulging then its best you let them know when you go to the embassy 4 your interview otherwise you might have issues even before you board the flight oo. reason is i watched a programme on sky1 called uk board force. a woman going to usa on transit via uk was denied boarding ooo. becos the lady profiling them at the lagos airport told her that no way yankee will give her busy becos she is heavy pregnant, as they will feel u want to go and born in the usa. anyway as i said. na for tv i watch am.

true talk/words!
there was a time i was travelling bk 2 d uk n i saw d officials refusing women entry because dey were heavy (especially 6 months pregnant n above) although their visas were still valid, dey sent dem home on d next available flights.

on another occasion my childhood friend had d same problem at d UK airport, she had to literally beg dem 2 let her enter after showing dem a lot of cash which she intends 2 pay her delivery wit n promised not 2 use NHS which is free. she said all d pregnant women she saw @d airport were sent back (no entry) except her. she said see embarrassment/shame 4 her n others. she had her child here n made sure she paid all necessary fee as proof 4 next time she went2 renew her visa.

i asked her wot she did all dat 4 wen d UK no go give im pikin paper/stay/automatic citizenship? she was just clueless n she don come UK 2/3 times b4 dat incident.

d same friend went 2 America after d incident above 2 give birth again. she got d visa alright but was refused entry wen she got 2 u.s airport. sum r lucky sum r not or shud i say na fate/destiny grin.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by maureenfx(f): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2010
Have faith and b sincere wit all questions
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by WAVixen: 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2010
@ fummiee, there is no sure fire questions that are asked. It varies from person to person and reason for visitation. You could be asked if you had traveled before, whom are you going to see, how long will you be staying, what do you do, what does your husband do, how long has your sister been in the US.
As I said, no question is full proof. Since you are pregnant, they might ask why you want to travel at this stage of your pregnancy. If your stomach isnt that pronounced you might wear something free that wont make you show.
Nowadays, its tricky coming to the States to give birth, once you are coming with a visa you must pay, because you are not entitled to public funds and must show ID at the hospital. All this is necessary if you intend to have your baby in the US. Cos renewal is where you're being caught out, sometimes people are carried away with a 2year visa, but it comes to an end ever so quickly. another issue is at the point of entry, one might be granted entry or not. Your visa approval In Lagos/abj is not a sure thing you'll enter the States. This is not to scare you at all, but so you know your options and possible scenerios and not carried away by wrong information.
Hoping this is useful. Good luck.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Fummiee(f): 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2010
thanks 4 all the advice. but sincerely I don't intend to use any public fund.I pray God favours me. would keep the house posted. cheers.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Flowers: 10:19am On Nov 12, 2010
@ WA Vixen

please can I have your email addy? my email addy is nenyet@yahoo.com. I will like to ask some personal questions. Thanks
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by bubsykay: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2010
Guys! can anyone pls let us know the documents required for a visiting american visa.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by WAVixen: 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2010
Every case is different, so documents vary.
You'll definately need your passport, the E-passport.
Letter of invitation, if you're being invited by a resident or citizen.
A letter from your office/company saying you applied for a holiday and it's being approved/ if you're self employed you state so.
Your bank statement, if you're being sponsored, your sponsor's bank statement.
If its a student's visa, you will be required to either have the funds in your account or that of your sponsor.
If you have property, you will take those documents as well.
often times, they want to see your economic/ family ties to your country.
Good luck with your application.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Cmeo(m): 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2010
I had my interview 3 weeks ago in Abuja , Visa Officer didnt ask much.

have you ever traveled out of Nigeria , No
Are you married , No
what are you going to do in states?
Are you working , Yes
How much is your salary , 21K but have other business
What other businesses?? Told him
Do you have sponsor , Yes
When are you going??

Visa granted
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Cmeo(m): 4:11pm On Nov 17, 2010
Please What should i expect at the point of Entry
What happens if you dont have more than 1k dollar at the point entry for just 4 weeks stay in US
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by WAVixen: 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2010
nothing happens, no one asks you how much you have.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Cmeo(m): 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2010
WAVixen:

nothing happens, no one asks you how much you have.

Thank you for this info but what should be expected at the Point of Entry? Details will be appreciated
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by WAVixen: 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2010
nothing special, you are finger printed, your bio data taken. your passport is taken to issue you your i-94. The number of days/weeks/months you are allowed to stay. you are asked how long you will be staying, what you came for. simple.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Cmeo(m): 6:57am On Nov 18, 2010
@WAVixen

Whats your view on Medical Insurance?? Is it necessary for just 4 weeks stays in US? Also on the DS- 165 form I filled online I put 29th of Nov as the intended date of arrival but now i got a cheaper flight and hope to arrive on 28th of Nov but i have my visa from Nov 5. I hope it wont be counted against me for arriving a day earlier than the intended date of arrival at the point of entry?

Thank you for your time to respond.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by WAVixen: 10:18am On Nov 18, 2010
No one cares, all they want to see is an original visa, as per the medical insurance, honestly know nothing about that. Its like youre on panic mode, the US is not as people perceive it. Relax and enjoy yor trip! the date of travel no concern them.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by bubsykay: 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ wavixen, thanks for your response, Am a student and I have a letter that states that am a student of the school but it doesnt states that am travelling to us. am just planning to go for xmas holls. what else do I need to go with and how long does it takes for the visa to come out cos I ve appointment for 6th and I wrote 20th for travelling date. tanks
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Flowers: 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2010
@ WAVixen

Please can you send me your email to -- nenyet@yahoo.com. I'll like to ask you some personal questions.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by wakaabout: 10:24am On Sep 22, 2011
Is one required to take copies of his bookings for air flight and hotel along to the interview if sponsoring himself for a tour of the US?

Shouldn't one's bank statement and other documents be sufficient to show sufficient financial capacity to sponsor oneself?
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by youmailme: 9:03am On Nov 01, 2011
@ House,
In my DS-160 online form. I put in December 23rd as intended date of arrival but unable to get a interview appointment date within the December period, as I have January date. Pls, does this make any difference.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by zoegirl: 12:34am On Nov 05, 2011
@youmailme,

yes it does make a difference. you have to fill another ds 160 form showing your new travel dates and ensure that all your documents are in sync with these new dates. however, you do not need to cancel your current interview appointment , just print out your new ds 160 confirmation form, log into your profile and update the confirmation number in the field with the new number. that render the previous one with the wrong dates invalid. take the new ds 160 confirmation with you to the embassy. Hope this helps,
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by RhymeStuntSinatra(m): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2012
Hey,
I got this abstract girlfriend(We never met) but we keep close communication never getting outta touch regardless distance restriction.
She wanna send an invite and some supporting documents and her dad's got a house in the US.
What documents are required from her?
Im a students in UNILAG and wanna go for a staycation of 3-6months. What financial documents shall I provide?
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by gz1l3232: 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
I NEED INFORMATION AND ADVISE ABOUT MY INTERVIEW AT THE EMBASSY, I AM MARRIED TO AN AMERICA WOMAN AND HAVE MY INTERVIEW COMING, WHAT DOCUMENTS SHOULD I TAKE THERE, ANY ADVISE WILL BE WELCOMED
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by justwise(m): 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2012

(1) (2)

Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) / See The State Of Mile 2 Road This Morning Cause By Petrol Tankers / The World’s Top 10 Most Visited Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.