Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,920 members, 7,956,455 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

What I Will Do If I Win 2019 Presidential Election. Atiku Speaks After Reconci.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Will Do If I Win 2019 Presidential Election. Atiku Speaks After Reconci.. (412 Views)

Atiku Speaks On Election Results / Atiku Speaks On US Support For His 2019 Presidential Bid / Atiku Speaks On Decamping From PDP To APGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Will Do If I Win 2019 Presidential Election. Atiku Speaks After Reconci.. by vicmatias(m): 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
PDP presidential candidate, Atiku, has reconciled with his former boss, Olusegun Obasanjo

- He said it was time they worked together so that the country could be repositioned on the path of unity and progress

- Atiku added that he would continue from where the Obasanjo presidency stopped in 2007 if he wins in 2019

Nigeria’s former vice president and presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the forthcoming 2019 elections, Atiku Abubakar, has said that he would continue with the legacies of his former boss, former President Olusegun Obasanjo if he wins.

The Punch reports that Atiku said this during the reconciliation meeting with Obasanjo on Thursday, October 11. Atiku was Obasanjo’s vice president from 1999- 2007.

The PDP presidential candidate, who described the visit as historic for himself, Obasanjo and the country, said he could not have been what he was today without the wise counsel of his former boss and the opportunity he offered him to be the vice-president.

READ ALSO: 2019: Defeated PDP presidential candidate rejoices as Ribadu compensates him with major selfless political gesture

He said it was time they worked together so that the country could be repositioned on the path of unity, truth and prosperity.

Describing the day as one of the happiest days of his life, Atiku promised that if he became the president he would continue from where the Obasanjo presidency stopped in 2007.

He said: “This visit is an historic one for both of us and for this country, because, as I have said last Sunday, I paid tribute to him (Obasanjo) because I couldn’t have been what I am today without his wise counsel, without his picking me as his vice president for eight years and without the training I got from his tutelage and his leadership.

“I believe the time has come for all of us to work together, to unite and work together, so that this country can be repositioned on the path of unity, truth and prosperity.

“Mr President sir, today is one of the happiest days of my life. As I said a few moments ago up there, after your presidency, we have had three presidents in this country, the only president you have trained is I, and I said I am going to commit my presidency, if I become one, to the continuation of your own presidency and legacy.”

Others at the meeting were Senator Ben Murray Bruce, former governors of Osun and Cross River states, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, and Liyel Imoke, and the director general of Atiku Campaign Organisation, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, among others.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on NAIJ.com News

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that a Yoruba socio-political group, Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), congratulated Atiku over his victory in the just concluded presidential primary election of the PDP in Port Harcourt.

The national chairman of the group, Fredrick Faseun, said the PDP made the right decision by fielding the best and popular candidate as its flag-bearer for the 2019 presidential election.

He commended the opposition party, saying it has proved its seriousness by electing a candidate that is capable of making the 2019 poll tough and engaging.

Atiku's acceptance speech after being declared PDP presidential flag bearer |
Re: What I Will Do If I Win 2019 Presidential Election. Atiku Speaks After Reconci.. by ATEAMS: 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
the current president should try and address the national problems t...not avoid them... but I think it's a bit late..

(1) (Reply)

2019: Either Way Igbos Have Nothing To Lose / I Now Respect Peter Obi After The Recent, You Should Too / Tambuwal Has Turned Himself Into An Errand Boy For Atiku – BMO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.