Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari (832 Views)

Nigerians Dig Out President Buhari’s Election Promises (video) / Kano: Tribunal Asks INEC To Grant PDP Access To Voting Materials / PMB's London Vacation: Ben Murray-Bruce Calls Out President, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by bennyann: 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
You want to vote for PMB? That's so simple, just vote for him but if you want him out, you have to vote for PDP.

Why? You may ask..
reason is due to the VARIOUS parties in the quote below.

Atiku Abubakar (Peoples Democratic Party), Donald Duke (Social Democratic Party), Olusegun Mimiko (Zenith Labour Party),
Omoyele Sowore (African Action Congress), Kingsley Moghalu (Young Progressives Party), Fela Durotoye (Alliance for New Nigeria),
Tope Fasua (Abundance Nigeria Renewal Party), Eunice Atuejide (National Interest Party), Adesina Fagbenro-Byron (Kowa Party),
Eniola Olajuni (Alliance for Democracy),
Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim (Alliance for People’s Trust),
Obadaiah Mailafia (African Democratic Congress),
Alistair Soyode (Yes Electorates Solidarity), Hamza A-Mustapha (People’s Party of Nigeria), Chike Ukaegbu (Advanced Allied Party),
Ahmed Buhari (Sustainable National Party), Usman Ibrahim Alhaji (National Rescue Movement),
John Ogbor (All Progressives Grand Alliance), Yabagi Sani (Action Democratic Party),
Moses Shipi (All Blending Party),
Peter Nwangwu (We the People of Nigeria), Edozie Madu (Independent Democrats) and Obiageli Ezekwesili (Allied Congress Party of Nigeria).

https://www.nairaland.com/4781926/2019-atiku-vs-buhari-reuben#71977121

You can see over twenty presidential candidates from the above list. So you really have to be wise if your focus is on VOTING OUT PMB.

I was inspired to make a thread on this because some people feel they will vote for neither PMB nor Atiku, since they are the same '' recycled old wine''. The funny thing is this set of people really want,... did I say want? I mean they really NEED PMB OUT of the presidency this time.

What am I driving at?

If your priority, your main focus is kicking out PMB, then concentrate on a major party. You and I know PDP and APC are the major parties at the moment.

So, if you concentrate on voting for other presidential candidates aside Atiku, then you will be giving more of the voting power to the Buhari lovers.

In other words, if the 'anti-Buharists' split their votes among other parties, then their voting powers will be rendered nought and by the time you réalise your foolishness, it will be too late.

Let's say 49% is for PMB and the remaining 51% voters are 'anti-Buharists', imagine the consequence if more than 2% of the 'anti-Buharists' split their votes among other political parties.

I'm sure you get it now. Vote wisely!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by bennyann: 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
Let me use this opportunity to say hi to the one I admire secretly aside johnydon22. To me, this guy is so intelligent. I only get confused about his wisdom when he tries defending APC. I'm referring to the moniker of the below quotes and those quotes got me.

HungerBAD:
Laughing.

Saraki lost the PDP primary, so which former Governor are we targeting again?laughing.

To username: BRAS.H

I feel this is a good time to address this BMC thing. You referred to me as a BMC member. I don't know if such a group exists,but I am neither affiliated to any political group here or anywhere, get paid or even have a relationship with anyone here outside Nairaland where we discuss political matters.

The last time I got paid by the Government was when I was serving and that was N7500,and a long time ago.

I write as i feel and not explainable to both the APC or PDP here. If there are people getting paid to support any political party here, then I make bold to say I consider that person a FAILURE in life and should look for something to do with his/her life.

I will appreciate I am not associated with this BMC thing. It is starting to become insultive. Thank you.

HungerBAD:
If Atiku emerges, the APC has a fight in their hands.

I mean, if Atiku emerges the flagbearer of the PDP, every single vote in Nigeria will be fought for to the end.

I was wishing it will be Saraki, which would have been a walk in the park for the APC. But an Atiku victory at their convention?
there is too much Anti-Buhari sentiment around, that a cunny old fox like Atiku can tap into and utilize.

I am just a realist, who has suddenly come to the logical conclusion that it is only an Atiku that has the war-chest to match the APC anywhere in Nigeria.

Hopefully Tambuwal wins,and we avert a nightmare scenario.

So let me repeat this to all APC members. Atiku Abubakar is not a walk in the park, as he knows his way around the Federal and State system of working.

This man single handedly formed the powerful wing of the PDP(PDM) even If Obasanjo used his Presidential powers to push him out.

It is an ELECTION in 2019.

Modified:

someone just said I am naive,and that Buhari has a solid base than Atiku,and one said they will open the CBN to just take money and fight Atiku. To the 2 of you, this was the same thing said about Buhari.

He was a serial loser. He had no political base. He had no money. You guys keep forgetting the anger and anti-sentiments against Jonathan by Nigerians. As an APC supporter,I will be the first to tell you a lot of Nigerians are angry with Buhari,and the APC should get their act together before the election or we lose it to Atiku.

Let us stop deceiving ourselves it is well.

And for Buterflyle0 (A major captain from the religion section) , no matter your political stand, I love you still.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by Buterflyle0: 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
bennyann:
Let me use this opportunity to say hi to the one I admire secretly aside johnydon22. To me, this guy is so intelligent. I only get confused about his wisdom when he tries defending APC. I'm referring to the moniker of the below quotes and those quotes got me.

And for Buterflyle0 (A major captain from the religion section) , no matter your political stand, I love you still.

Bennyann where have you been my warrior for Jesus smiley

Miss you guys in the religion section but I have a nation to deliver so had to repriotize for a little while.

I look up to you more you know and you know why. How have you been?

1 Like

Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by Buterflyle0: 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
Bennyann I can see you wish to align with Atiku. You know I am your spiritual senior brother grin

What I see sitting down you may not be able to see it standing up.

Atiku / PDP are all shades of wrong for Nigeria and Nigerians. We can debate that right here on this thread and I will show you why.

I love you too which is why for the first time ever I want to debate this with you. In the religion section we have always been on the same side but here I will not let you make the wrong decisions and if indeed you admire me as you have said, you will listen to me.

Shall we?
Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by HungerBAD: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
bennyann:

Thank you Madam.

It is never too late to retrace one's steps if walking down a dark alley.

5 Likes

Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by sonofthunder: 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2018
bennyann:
You want to vote for PMB? That's so simple, just vote for him but if you want him out, you have to vote for PDP.

Why? You may ask..
reason is due to the VARIOUS parties in the quote below.

You can see over twenty presidential candidates from the above list. So you really have to be wise if your focus is on VOTING OUT PMB.

I was inspired to make a thread on this because some people feel they will vote for neither PMB nor Atiku, since they are the same '' recycled old wine''. The funny thing is this set of people really want,... did I say want? I mean they really NEED PMB OUT of the presidency this time.

What am I driving at?

If your priority, your main focus is kicking out PMB, then concentrate on a major party. You and I know PDP and APC are the major parties at the moment.

So, if you concentrate on voting for other presidential candidates aside Atiku, then you will be giving more of the voting power to the Buhari lovers.

In other words, if the 'anti-Buharists' split their votes among other parties, then their voting powers will be rendered nought and by the time you réalise your foolishness, it will be too late.

Let's say 49% is for PMB and the remaining 51% voters are 'anti-Buharists', imagine the consequence if more than 2% of the 'anti-Buharists' split their votes among other political parties.

I'm sure you get it now. Vote wisely!
lemme reserve my comment..... at least for now.
Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by johnydon22(m): 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
bennyann:

Lol.

Politics can be tiring

1 Like

Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by emmasege: 7:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
Thanks to OP for this piece. This was exactly what led us here in Osun to another four years of continued hunger, suffering and hardship.

Votes for Omisore and his unserious type have indirectly elongated APC's stay in my dear state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by bennyann: 5:00am On Oct 14, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Bennyann where have you been my warrior for Jesus smiley

Miss you guys in the religion section but I have a nation to deliver so had to repriotize for a little while.

I look up to you more you know and you know why. How have you been?

I've been learning more about life big bro. Imagine learning about things I could have learnt years ago grin but I'm doing well and I'm sure you are too and I miss you so much more big bro.

I understand the bolded.
Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by bennyann: 5:10am On Oct 14, 2018
johnydon22:

Lol.

Politics can be tiring

You can say that again dear but it's quite amusing especially the type we have here in Nigeria.

Glad to hear from you. cheesy
Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by hucienda: 5:16am On Oct 14, 2018
All Blending Party?? cheesy Wetin pesin no go see for naija.

Like one meme put it, "The two political parties in this 2019 election are APC and PDP, any other party is an end-of-year party."

1 Like

Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by bennyann: 5:26am On Oct 14, 2018
Buterflyle0:
Bennyann I can see you wish to align with Atiku. You know I am your spiritual senior brother grin

What I see sitting down you may not be able to see it standing up.

Atiku / PDP are all shades of wrong for Nigeria and Nigerians. We can debate that right here on this thread and I will show you why.

I love you too which is why for the first time ever I want to debate this with you. In the religion section we have always been on the same side but here I will not let you make the wrong decisions and if indeed you admire me as you have said, you will listen to me.

Shall we?

Big bro, please let me know the reason for the bolded. I can't wait to find out why you're sticking with PMB.
Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by bennyann: 5:33am On Oct 14, 2018
sonofthunder:
lemme reserve my comment..... at least for now.
No dear, please tell me your mind. Are you against the OP?
Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by bennyann: 5:40am On Oct 14, 2018
HungerBAD:

Thank you Madam.

It is never too late to retrace one's steps if walking down a dark alley.

You're welcome dear.

You should know many learn from every one of your posts, guests also who aren't registered yet. So, please don't relent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by aremuforlife(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2018
That is why said in other thread that the youth aspiring for President should join the major parties and take over the structure from the old wagon.
The greatest hypocrite is to be "ANTIBUHARI AND YOU ARE ATIKULATING".
Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by bennyann: 8:08am On Oct 15, 2018
sorom4:
You say President Buhari is not doing well and you want him out, but instead of voting for Buhari to leave you say you will vote for someone who won't win thereby making Buhari coast faster to easy victory.

What kind of sense is that one?
Kuku say you want Buhari to stay and stop the drama.
Don't even say you are voting for your conscience because your PVC is not a ticket to heaven nor to the Moralists Intellectuals Olympics.

Your PVC is only for electing people!
Nobody counts Protests votes in any election! Be honest and real and stop hawking your naivety.

I have OBIdiently ATIKUlated
Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by GoodMuyis(m): 6:53am On Nov 26, 2018
Hi bennyann
someone like my comment where I mentioned you so I decided to check if you are still online on nairaland then I saw this was your last post.

The nairaland religion section is getting toxic and directionless and the owner careless. I just moved out to work on my own platform for Christian only grace.com.ng (Others are welcome to outer court forum sha). grace.com.ng it should be 1+years old now but I don't have much time to work on it.

Back to the Topic.
You have a good observation on the subject, but then we Nigerians are too sentimental about our political stance, so it affects our sense of political selection. prior to 2015 election most of my close friend and church members were surprised to the way I became a fan of Buhari/Muslim candidate.

The same people who do not want Buhari/Muslim could not forgive themselves for labelling Buhari as Islamist are now faced with Atikulated Muslim. Hence, they result to pick new face hoping that many others will follow their pattern, not understanding that Politics is not played that way

1 Like

Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by bennyann: 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
GoodMuyis:
Hi bennyann
someone like my comment where I mentioned you so I decided to check if you are still online on nairaland then I saw this was your last post.

The nairaland religion section is getting toxic and directionless and the owner careless. I just moved out to work on my own platform for Christian only grace.com.ng (Others are welcome to outer court forum sha). grace.com.ng it should be 1+years old now but I don't have much time to work on it.

Back to the Topic.
You have a good observation on the subject, but then we Nigerians are too sentimental about our political stance, so it affects our sense of political selection. prior to 2015 election most of my close friend and church members were surprised to the way I became a fan of Buhari/Muslim candidate.

The same people who do not want Buhari/Muslim could not forgive themselves for labelling Buhari as Islamist are now faced with Atikulated Muslim. Hence, they result to pick new face hoping that many others will follow their pattern, not understanding that Politics is not played that way

I understand you though but I'm surprised myself. Gosh! You mean you supported Buhari just like Butterflyleo is doing now? Amazing!

A lot of things baffle me when I look at how we Christians live our lives in this modern world. That's why I can't fault people who say Christians shouldn't participate in politics because one can easily find potholes in your present political life compared to your past fully devoted Christian life.

I'm not in support of either Buhari or Atiku but what can one do when you're in between the devil and the deep blue sea? We should keep on changing them when we can till we're satisfied.

The thread is to let others know exactly what to do IF they want to vote out PMB.

That said, in making sure Buhari is out of power, knowledge is not enough because wisdom is the main thing. Apart from political policies to be implemented like the electoral bills NASS wants PMB to sign and others, splitting of votes should be one major thing to be avoided if anyone wants Buhari out of power.

As for the religion section part of nairaland, there is time for everything and I encourage you not to relent on your forum. A time is coming that many will be looking for a forum that isn't polluted and yours should be one they can find. So prepare it for that time. Do your part and leave the rest to God.

As for me, I can't wait for a God chosen person with so much charisma that can be in politics, especially as a major leader without being corrupt or stained. It's like an impossible thing but I believe in it and I await it and I pray it will be in my time.

Take care brother.
Re: A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari by GoodMuyis(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
bennyann:

I understand you though but I'm surprised myself. Gosh! You mean you supported Buhari just like Butterflyleo is doing now? Amazing!

As at present, I see the Atiku the Biblical Absalom, Kisses, Hugs and other stuff he did was not for a genuine reason. Mark my word as revealed to me IF Atiku become president, the 1st casuality is going to be the Foreign Reserve. The Effect will shock many Nigerian.

What of Buhari, I see him as a Biblical Saul who ignores God's instruction, the disobedient, who need to be replaced.

In all, I pray for Peaceful Election and whoever wins to keep God's Command

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Let's Do Some Calculations On The Naira To The True State Of The Economy / The Internet Never Forgets. Obasanjo Declares Atiku Corrupt Again! / Nnamdi Kanu's Dog Is Still Very Much Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.