Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (78331 Views)

A Nigerian Taxi Driver Picks Peter Obi In UK, Drives Him Free Of Charge (Photos) / If PDP Picks Peter Obi.... - Reno Omokri / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by stinechykee: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2018
divinelove:
angry Big mistake

Why give vp to south East when u already have their votes.

VP should have been used to get massive votes from South West
if I curse you now they will say am a bad person,so is you Yorubas that like good thing while Igbo's don't abi??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by IloveToMess: 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
Boxer007:
Gay rights for all Nigerians. Type 454 if your proud to be gay?

454!
God will kill u
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nowenuse: 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Lol. Jittery? They would have been more jittery with a kwankwaso candidacy. Atiku has seemingly lost both SWest and the core north with this selection. Save the date bro.

Kwankwaso does not have an influence outside Kano.

Atiku has a more national influence. So, Kwankwaso is dead on arrival. Also, he has proven to be a tribal bigot over the years.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by RTSC: 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
deomelo:

When people start their posts with I'm Yoruba or I'm from the SW or I'm a Yoruba muslim, they are actually Igbos. Yoruba people don't insert their tribes into their posts, this is what Igbos do
Mr ipob,
obi is ipob, right?

Clown. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by shugaboy6102(m): 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2018
fk001:
If this news is true,then Atiku has made the biggest political suicide.

He has shot himself on the foot.

Congratulations President Muhammadu Buhari in advance.

NB: I am Neither from SW nor SE..i sincerely think you are wrong. With objs endorsements I think he would get more than 50percent of their votes. Let's do the mathematics Atiku has the S.E, S.S,N.C. let's say half from his region and definitely half of S. W. Everyone is tired of this incompetent administration.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nowenuse: 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2018
nokatakata:
question is why must it be these aboki.s though? WHY?

because the Nigerian rotational system believe that presidency must be rotated North/South. This is believed to be the time of the North.
I am not happy with this either.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
Misterdhee1:

[s]Lol. You also seem to have forgotten easily the results of Pmb's alliance with Swest in 2015. That would also come into play next year. Pmb has never had less than 2.5m in any election even when he was in a northern party. Atiku hasn't even crossed the 3m mark in his life. We aren't returning the country to those who destroyed it. You will return to your biafra agitation by this time next year[/s].

Cry us a river tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Ugosample(m): 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
Raindrop123:
Tribalism The major problem of this shithole country
I tell you undecided
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by stinechykee: 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
engreo:
bThat is how you guys will use ur produness to destroy atiku before election day. You see a bird on the tree and started meditation on how to cook it even without killing it yet.
like the way you guys always use una greediness,selfiness,marginalisation mentality to destroy your lord and savior Buhari right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by gurnam: 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
Hehehehehehe this is good!!

Igbos will vote massively for PDP and when Buhari wins in 2019, they will have no justification to produce president in 2023.

Everything is going according to plan

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by jajernwa22: 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
[quote author=talk2saintify post=72020712] shocked

Very smart decision from ATIKU
If Atiku Continues with this SMARTNESS, then winning 2019 elections would'nt be a problem
Even Though Peter Obi Never achieved any thing while in power during his tenure as the Governor of Anambra, Igbos and Easterners will still vote for him because Peter Obi is From the East!!
We already know that at least 55% of people who voted buhari during the last election are regretting it already, so we can admit that the reverse will be the case come2019.

waka there.
senseless human being.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Misterdhee1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
Karatum:

Cry us a river tongue
Lol. No more biafra? grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Lol. No more biafra? grin grin grin

Is it your Biafra?? Abeg bounce

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by wexyee: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
what a way to lose both in north and west..... im sorry to say atiku have lost north and west.... wat a political blunder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Ugosample(m): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
marvinsync:

if the north doesn't want anything to do with Igbos can u blame them when they say Biafra

if Nigeria is to truly exist then the north must learn to accept Igbos

but that's even if ur right

which is not even right undecided
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nowenuse: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
einsteine:

Go and read your constitution well.

Nobody is required to win 2/3 of states.

They are required to win a plurality of votes and at least 25% votes in 2/3 of the states. He would definitely win 25% of the votes in all 19 states of the North for starters.

Exactly! Even Goodluck was able to get 25% votes in 10 northern states and FCT in 2015.... In 2011, he got in 14 northern states + FCT. How much more Atiku who is a bonafide northerner.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by deomelo: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7945606_ac_jpega52151101b87a1f013ca8e4fd658d0a9

See emergency hospital with no ambulance parking, roof is falling, den even get pami bench in front.

One of Peter obi's wonderful achievements in anambra..

grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by IloveToMess: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
onuebonyi:
This is a good news. cheesy
So u are really Igbo? i thought u were an afonja troll from Jigawa
I am happier than you oo even if you use it against IMO in the future. cheesy
I am PAN IGBO ..
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Pentools(m): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nowenuse:

Igbos and SS will still vote Atiku even with a Yoruba VP, but the turn out would be very low.

In politics, you don't play with your strongholds or take them for granted.
Just as the North-west is Buhari's stronghold, the SE/SS is Atiku's stronghold (with a VP from their zone).

The pick up line here is that low turn out. Cus me despite having voter's card have decided not to vote. But with Atiku alone as bullgharia's opponent I'm already in my voting center, I'm just waiting for the voting day, especially with this combo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by RTSC: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
boxypane:

Because they simply don't have a representative in the PDP!!!! Have you forgotten that only the west and the north decides who rules!!! Oga, division will never let the east come together, and even if they do, there votes wouldn't decide anything meaningful.
The south west have not decided who rule Nigeria since 1999.

The only time Yoruba contributed significantly to a victorious outcome was in 2015.

If you guys are not careful, the south west will return back to their perpetual opposition status.

You guys function better that way

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Abdul3391(m): 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
fk001:
If this news is true,then Atiku has made the biggest political suicide.

He has shot himself on the foot.

Congratulations President Muhammadu Buhari in advance.

NB: I am Neither from SW nor SE..
were u expecting him to pick the VP from the north

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by shugaboy6102(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
ZAWs:
BUBU and crew may probably no longer need to lose any sleep.
OBJ has succeeded in crumbling Atiku final political mission.(if you know you know)
This is a case of buying what you already have.
Atiku already has the votes from SS/SE, why picking a running mate from there even?
The West won't vote against PYO!
they are not voting against PYO but against PMB. You sound as though southwest is excluded from the sufferings and incompetent leadership of this administration. Let my humble pastor resign from this ineffective govt and relax.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by boxypane(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
RTSC:

The south west have not decided who rule Nigeria since 1999.

The only time Yoruba contributed significantly to a victorious outcome was in 2015.

If you guys are not careful, the south west will return back to their perpetual opposition status.

You guys function better that way
You are quick to forget the history of this great nation. The south east will only continue to be minority... Ya all know that's the open fact.
Peter Obi is a good choice never the less, but they won't succeed.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Vince77(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
Reading comments here made my see more reasons why Nigerian can never move forward.

Why should anyone say picking VP from SE is bad for Atiku. Aren't we for good governance anymore? Must SW abandon Atiku just cos VP slot wasn't given to them?

There is no way Atiku wouldn't perform better than buhari. That's what we should be thinking right now.

If the condition of Nigeria under Buhari has pleased the SW then let then not vote Atiku and continue complaining about Buhari for another four years.

I don't understand some Nigerians honestly. Can't we use our brain?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Mrexcell(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
beatmonster:
As tweeted by The Signal

https://mobile.twitter.com/thesignalng/status/1050748856114323456?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7757907588

Next year presidential elections is going to be really bloody.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by signeddocuments: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2018
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 5 percenteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. why Atiku ?
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by big7: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2018
san316:
Miscalculation. South East was already in his pocket, who is he tryig to court? Obasanjo cannot win southwest for him because of Tinubu's clout but a SW VP would have been a master stroke. Anyway, What do I know

Seriously my brother you don't know anything going by your comment... You don't know south east... We guys don't get involve if it has nothing to do with our benefits... Yes you can call it what so ever you wish... Going by your assertion if he had opted in for a VP from another region he won't only loss south east due to low turn out he would equally share his vote in the south south... Now he's had south south locked down... South east on massive lock down...and for the SW... We all know that the SW are a very dicey people can't be trusted... Can be easily persuaded.even if he had gotten a VP from the SW he will still have to share the vote on there and that a demerit for his bid as the SE guys won't turn up massively... Do the calculation..share the vote in the NE and sw... Lock down SE,SS and NC... I THINK THAT A FAIR CALCULATION... I hope for the best... We are atikulating

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Rilwayne001: 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2018
wideawaken01:
Registered Voters

Nigeria’s six geopolitical zones:

Northwest =18,505,984

Southeast =8,293,093.

Southwest = 14,626,800

South-South=11,101,093

North central=10,586,965

Northeast zone= 9,929,015

Let me ask you guys this question; if Atiku has about 90% counted votes in SS / SE combined, Which region will buhari such a huge vote?

What you should first ask yourself is whether that 90% can be compared to 1/4 of NW alone.

The truth is North will play politics with sentiments when it comes to tenure; Buhari re-contest will earn them 4 years from now while if Atiku wins they are potentially going for a possible 8 years tenure. Do not say it does not matter;

Do you believe Atiku is much loved as Buhari in the North? Forget it, northerners don't always care about the situation of the country, they vote mostly based on sentiment, and even down here in South West, Buhari is just loved naturally. If South westerners can love Buhari naturally, don't you think northerners will be willing to take a bullet for him? Can the same be said of Atiku?

Atiku will share north with Buhari when Kano, Kaduna and Sokoto are having most of their experienced politicians now with the PDP.

Believe me, there's no sharing of votes in this states. Buhari will beat atiku hands down. Don't forget APC not PDP are still controlling these states and if really you believe there are some experienced politicians in these states that may help Atiku even despite the fact that they are APC controlled states, then I guess you'll have to think again.

Whether VP or not in the SW, Atiku will still get votes from some learned ones, youths and non indigene who cares .... Also middlebelt will be taken by Atiku also...

You never can tell. Allow campaign to start. By the time Osinbajo, Fashola, Tinubu and other big wigs in APC starts touring the South West for campaign, you will see clearly that Atiku is just exhibiting initial gra gra.

NE / NW for Atiku wins - 60 / 40 (remember Atiku will bring them another 8 years )SE / SS - for Atiku 85/15 SW for Buhari - 60 / 40Middle Belt - for Atiku - 70 / 30Overall, Atiku will win the 2019 Presidential ElectionEconomically Buhari has failed .... Do not ignore this fact...

Initial gra gra. Don't also forget the power of Incumbency. Don't forget APC controls 24 of the 36 states. These are things you need to put into consideration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by engreo(m): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2018
stinechykee:
like the way you guys always use una greediness,selfiness,marginalisation mentality to destroy your lord and savior Buhari right
hope you guys will not cry again after 2019 election sah? This how u destroyed Goodluck and agbaje with your proudness and you have started again for Atiku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Boxer007(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
IloveToMess:

God will kill u

God will kill you from a guy who call him sef * IloveToMess* .
Brother is so stupid it's unbelievable. Anyways? Brother. You not prouse to be Gay?
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Kennydoc(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
CilicMarin:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

With This Combination!

Atiku Has Just Won The South West 100%
South West votes (of merely 55%) didn't win the election for Buhari in 2015. Atiku doesn't even need a win in the South West. 40% and above of the votes will be enough. The Middle Belt will do the job, alright?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Protest In Enugu As Missing Mbaka Is 'Whisked Away By Unknown Gunmen' / Throwback: Godwin Emefiele, Wife And Son (photo) / Governor El-Rufai Visits Sanusi In Awe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.