Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Advise To Igbos On The Atiku/obi Ticket - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advise To Igbos On The Atiku/obi Ticket (2014 Views)

South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket / Ndigbo Settle For Atiku/Obi Ticket / Lecturers, Students Back Atiku/Obi Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise To Igbos On The Atiku/obi Ticket by Cherez: 10:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
paramakina202:

Preach that to Buhari because I am very sure PDP will be fair to each region.
Now you are repeating part of my point; "moreso equally"
Daalu nwa-ama-ani
Re: Advise To Igbos On The Atiku/obi Ticket by Banmeallday: 11:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
Cherez:

My brother,
I don't understand how a peaceful suit depicts weakness. Gone are the days when violence makes you strong but intellect does. Do you expect Igbos to keep fighting other Nigerians? To what end?
Shebi, during the NGA civil war, all other Nigerians joined the Hausas against the Igbos now you people want same Igbos to remain the scapegoats when fights start, abi.
Where are you from?

There is a time for peace and then there is a time for war. Constantly being prepared for war (like the Fulani that have again clinched the two top tickets) is what helps to bring your people peace if you can take time to reflect on that. I’m very in support of what you are saying if the world literally had roses falling from the sky but it does not. Ask yourself why did those groups join to fight Biafra? How many of them are saying that today it was a great choice or are they saying the total opposite. How many of them died broke and on cocaine i.e. Adenkunle...

Are they teaching you about the war in your schools? Of course they are not because the victor never wants to be held accountable and is doing everything for the VICTIM to forget the past and by default forget their identity.

Why are you folks not talking about an Obi/Atiku ticket or Obi/Kwakwanso ticket? Nope, because you have already been conditioned and programmed to be happy to sit on the table, whether it is as VP, Senate President, SFG, or driver sef.....

1 Like

Re: Advise To Igbos On The Atiku/obi Ticket by Cherez: 5:20am On Oct 13, 2018
Banmeallday:

There is a time for peace and then there is a time for war. Constantly being prepared for war (like the Fulani that have again clinched the two top tickets) is what helps to bring your people peace if you can take time to reflect on that. I’m very in support of what you are saying if the world literally had roses falling from the sky but it does not. Ask yourself why did those groups join to fight Biafra? How many of them are saying that today it was a great choice or are they saying the total opposite. How many of them died broke and on cocaine i.e. Adenkunle...

Are they teaching you about the war in your schools? Of course they are not because the victor never wants to be held accountable and is doing everything for the VICTIM to forget the past and by default forget their identity.

Why are you folks not talking about an Obi/Atiku ticket or Obi/Kwakwanso ticket? Nope, because you have already been conditioned and programmed to be happy to sit on the table, whether it is as VP, Senate President, SFG, or driver sef.....

Bro, thank GOD you are beginning to see my point. Now you mentioned Adekunle yet most Yorubas have a different opinion and still blame Igbos for the war. Even till date, it's just the recent Herdsmen Carnage which pitted the middlebelt against the Hausas, if not the MB where Gen Useni and co came from still holds the first coup while Nzeogwu the leader was from a part of NigerDelta that doesn't call themselves Igbo and a notable others whom are not Igbos.
See, Igbos are the 3rd most populous tribe in Nigeria and can't match the 1st & 2nd in numerical strength.
I tell you, same event will be the case if the Igbos get hostile again.
Let another tribe try since the Igbos have tried before.
I asked, "where are you from?". Let your own "MACHO" tribe start and we will support you people.
Igbos are wise enough though now and will never engage in that kind of fight anymore.
PEACE REMAINS THE ONLY WAY, my brother
Re: Advise To Igbos On The Atiku/obi Ticket by Banmeallday: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2018
Cherez:

Bro, thank GOD you are beginning to see my point. Now you mentioned Adekunle yet most Yorubas have a different opinion and still blame Igbos for the war. Even till date, it's just the recent Herdsmen Carnage which pitted the middlebelt against the Hausas, if not the MB where Gen Useni and co came from still holds the first coup while Nzeogwu the leader was from a part of NigerDelta that doesn't call themselves Igbo and a notable others whom are not Igbos.
See, Igbos are the 3rd most populous tribe in Nigeria and can't match the 1st & 2nd in numerical strength.
I tell you, same event will be the case if the Igbos get hostile again.
Let another tribe try since the Igbos have tried before.
I asked, "where are you from?". Let your own "MACHO" tribe start and we will support you people.
Igbos are wise enough though now and will never engage in that kind of fight anymore.
PEACE REMAINS THE ONLY WAY, my brother

I respectfully disagree with everything you stated and it is okay because there is value in peace and value in what you say. Perhaps like Zik, you as well are being idealistic as to what ought to be.

You my friend would make an excellent leader or official in say Austria or Norway or Pakistan, but not for Nigeria because Nigeria itself was founded by outsiders to benefit outsiders which it has remarkably done.

Look at the people. US embassy alone makes and generates more money from our “people” than Ebonyi or Ogun state does with the large number of visa applicants daily. The EPL, well just Chelsea and MAN U make more money and have more mind control of our people than most of our so called industries. Indians from India are making more money on their hair (that they have sacrificed to their deities) from “Nigerian” women than all the market women selling fruits on the streets of Lagos and Onicha are. Quack doctors in London and Washington are making millions yearly whether or not they deliver your “Nigerian”baby or not or treat your Nigerian ear infection or not....

Talkless of the oil, talkless of the coal, talkless of natural resources that are OWNED by outsiders with their partner Fulani Managing directors.

All these things are by design, and for the idealist it is okay as long as there is peace.....But there is not peace still. At any time herdsmen can descend on Enugu or Abia or Delta and start to kill without ANY repercussions. Boko Haram can strike and bomb in ANY TOWN any time. Armed robbers strike daily, schools can go on strike at any time, fuel scarcity can hit, or an oil tanker can blow, or ghastly accidents can happen without proper medical care, Army can announce military operation and come and level your town like ODI, when many innocent thousands had nothing to do with anything.....and the list is endless.

SO, lets not be afraid to be MEN and stand up for what is right, not what is comfortable...
Re: Advise To Igbos On The Atiku/obi Ticket by Cherez: 7:33am On Oct 14, 2018
Banmeallday:

I respectfully disagree with everything you stated and it is okay because there is value in peace and value in what you say. Perhaps like Zik, you as well are being idealistic as to what ought to be.

You my friend would make an excellent leader or official in say Austria or Norway or Pakistan, but not for Nigeria because Nigeria itself was founded by outsiders to benefit outsiders which it has remarkably done.

Look at the people. US embassy alone makes and generates more money from our “people” than Ebonyi or Ogun state does with the large number of visa applicants daily. The EPL, well just Chelsea and MAN U make more money and have more mind control of our people than most of our so called industries. Indians from India are making more money on their hair (that they have sacrificed to their deities) from “Nigerian” women than all the market women selling fruits on the streets of Lagos and Onicha are. Quack doctors in London and Washington are making millions yearly whether or not they deliver your “Nigerian”baby or not or treat your Nigerian ear infection or not....

Talkless of the oil, talkless of the coal, talkless of natural resources that are OWNED by outsiders with their partner Fulani Managing directors.

All these things are by design, and for the idealist it is okay as long as there is peace.....But there is not peace still. At any time herdsmen can descend on Enugu or Abia or Delta and start to kill without ANY repercussions. Boko Haram can strike and bomb in ANY TOWN any time. Armed robbers strike daily, schools can go on strike at any time, fuel scarcity can hit, or an oil tanker can blow, or ghastly accidents can happen without proper medical care, Army can announce military operation and come and level your town like ODI, when many innocent thousands had nothing to do with anything.....and the list is endless.

SO, lets not be afraid to be MEN and stand up for what is right, not what is comfortable...
Banmealiiiie!
Ok oooo! If you say so but fights in recent times should be more about intellect & the mind a battle field and not physical wars.
But I agree with your points which are valid

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Fayose Speaks On His EFCC Ordeal / Breaking: PDP, Gov. Ortom Cruising To Victory In Benue State. / Ihedioha’s Inauguration Committee Begins Renovation At Dan Anyiam Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.