Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem (1324 Views)

How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? / How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly / Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
My recently acquired ford focus seems 2 b consuming so much fuel so a friend was suggesting I see a rewire while I was suggesting a mechanic. Please engineers in d house, educate us.
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
My recently acquired ford focus seems 2 b consuming so much fuel so a friend was suggesting I see a rewire while I was suggesting a mechanic. Please engineers in d house, educate us.
ford is an American car,the fuel they use in America has much sulphur content so its call heavy oil. Nigeria fuel has low sulfur content...
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
Osahon7:
ford is an American car,the fuel they use in America has much sulphur content so its call heavy oil. Nigeria fuel has low sulfur content...
so what's the solution bro?
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:24am On Oct 13, 2018
tetralogyfallot:

what made think it is consuming alot?

whats the engine size

when was the last service
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by uboma(m): 12:36am On Oct 13, 2018
tetralogyfallot:

Why do you think that it is consuming more fuel than it is supposed to?
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:45am On Oct 13, 2018
uboma:

Why do you think that it is consuming more fuel than it is supposed to?
my fuel finished on the road then I decided to buy black market of half gallon to take me to a filling station. The car finished the fuel just before 8km journey.
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:46am On Oct 13, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

what made think it is consuming alot?

whats the engine size

when was the last service
my fuel finished on the road then I decided to buy black market of half gallon to take me to a filling station. The car finished the fuel just before 8km journey. I service the car just last week. The engine size is 16v.
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:05am On Oct 13, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
my fuel finished on the road then I decided to buy black market of half gallon to take me to a filling station. The car finished the fuel just before 8km journey. I service the car just last week. The engine size is 16v.

you dont know the size of your engine

how you even calculate the mpg of your car when you dont even know the engine size of your car ?

16v simply means 16vavles that has nothing to do with engine size
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:10am On Oct 13, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

you dont know the size of your engine

how you even calculate the mpg of your car when you dont even know the engine size of your car ?

16v simply means 16vavles that has nothing to do with engine size
2.0 16v st170 ford focus sir 1989cc
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by uboma(m): 7:16am On Oct 13, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
my fuel finished on the road then I decided to buy black market of half gallon to take me to a filling station. The car finished the fuel just before 8km journey.

Be specific please.

the half gallon was how many litres precisely?
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:32am On Oct 13, 2018
uboma:

Be specific please.

the half gallon was how many litres precisely?
2 litres
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by uboma(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
2 litres

Haba.

with the size of your car engine, how do you expect 2ltrs of fuel to cover a distance of 8kms?

If you have no money to fill up your tank, please park it at home till your pocket is loaded.

It is even wrong to let your car go empty. This affects the fuel pump.
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by autologic: 9:22am On Oct 13, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
Look for a technician skilled in diagnosis
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:46am On Oct 13, 2018
uboma:

Haba.

with the size of your car engine, how do you expect 2ltrs of fuel to cover a distance of 8kms?

If you have no money to fill up your tank, please park it at home till your pocket is loaded.

It is even wrong to let your car go empty. This affects the fuel pump.

Lol, calm down, sir. It's a 2. 0L engine. 2L should take him 8km comfortably.

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:31am On Oct 13, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, calm down, sir. It's a 2. 0L engine. 2L should take him 8km comfortably.

it is supposed to oh but I hope the 8km does not include traffic similar to 3mb own?

op the 2L fuel, how did u calculate the distance? and what area was covered?
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:53am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

it is supposed to oh but I hope the 8km does not include traffic similar to 3mb own?

op the 2L fuel, how did u calculate the distance? and what area was covered?

Ah, yes, traffic is another factor. But in regular driving conditions, it should carry him.
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by uboma(m): 11:04am On Oct 13, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Ah, yes, traffic is another factor. But in regular driving conditions, it should carry him.

Traffic and his driving pattern are factors to consider if his car is performing optimally.

But again, who buys just 2ltrs fuel into his car?

No be motorcycle o!
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:10am On Oct 13, 2018
uboma:

Traffic and his driving pattern are factors to consider if his car is performing optimally.

But again, who buys just 2ltrs fuel into his car?

No be motorcycle o!
Its bought just to take the car to a filling station.
Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by uboma(m): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
Its bought just to take the car to a filling station.

Noted.

Going forward, please always watch out when your fuel gets to the reserve mark. This is when you should be heading to the Petrol station.

Except your fuel guage is faulty.

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Economy Issues An Electrical Or Mechanical Problem by tetralogyfallot(m): 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
uboma:

Noted.

Going forward, please always watch out when your fuel gets to the reserve mark. This is when you should be heading to the Petrol station.

Except your fuel guage is faulty.
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Custom Duty On Cars / Vehicles Accepted By Uber Nigeria: Full List (2020) / 2008 Acura MDX Or 2011 Kia Sportage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.