Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo (853 Views)

Buhari, Good Governance Will Silence Social Media By Fredrick Nwabufo / Garba Shehu’s ‘Attack’ On Adeboye Was To Rebuke Osinbajo - By Fredrick Nwabufo / The Political Careers Obasanjo Ruined, By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2018
I came in full-touch with President Buhari’s vacuity in October 2014, in the heat of the battle for APC presidential ticket. I had gone to his house in Abuja with my boss to interview him. When he emerged from the closed curtains, I saw a warm and charming man. He was a bit shy. I was taken in by his easy and gentle mien. But that was it.
Of all Nigeria’s presidents, Buhari is the one with a diminutive intellectual stature. His severe intellectual malnourishment is not even a subject of debate; most of his supporters admit that he is not smart. But they taper their admittance with a claim that he makes up for what he lacks in intelligence in having integrity.

It is because of his obvious intellectual disadvantage that his handlers have stopped the routine presidential media chat, and even advise him against attending debates.

I came in full-touch with President Buhari’s vacuity in October 2014, in the heat of the battle for APC presidential ticket. I had gone to his house in Abuja with my boss to interview him. When he emerged from the closed curtains, I saw a warm and charming man. He was a bit shy. I was taken in by his easy and gentle mien. But that was it.

The interview was not so charming. In fact, it was lifeless, unanimated, and disappointing. Besides me not being able to decipher his deeply accented words, his answers to questions were like a penalty kick shot over a goalpost.

I remember, he was asked why he was opposed to the national confab convened by President Jonathan, and he only mumbled hysterically about the composition of the conference. But when asked if he had read the recommendations of the confab and what he would like amended, he said “No?” And then there was a brief silence in the room. Gbagam!

I also remember he was asked about how he would fix the challenge of power, but instead of responding to the question, he regaled us with heroics of the 1980s.

And on how he stopped the maitatsine crisis of the 1980s, President Buhari said he only gave orders, entered Kano; the riots stopped and the leader of the insurrection was captured. How that happened he could not explain.

Other questions on economy and politics were asked, but the president performed poorly, divagating and time-travelling. I knew instantly, that he lacked that stuff. He was so enamoured with past glories that I feared he was still stuck in the 1980s, and needed a “software update”.

Despite the disappointing interview, I took a liking to him. He is a likable person no doubt. But after experiencing two years of debilitating governance under him, it dawned on me that sentiments do not make a good leader.

One must be very objective in choosing a leader – ethnic, religious and personal considerations are immaterial because they are not conditions for good leadership. I could have a president from the south-east, but the roads to my region would still be death-traps.

Nigeria has a rich blend of leaders, who can stir it to success – I see Oby Ezekwesili, Donald Duke and Kingsley Moghalu. Good products are not in short supply here; we only choose what we want to buy.

Buyers beware!

Fredrick is a media personality.

He can be reached on Twitter: @FredrickNwabufo, Facebook: Fredrick Nwabufo

Cc: lalasticlala mynd44

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/11/lifeless-evening-buhari-fredrick-nwabufo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2018
So they knew the man was not mentally OK they packaged the mental thing for us. May God do them what they did for us

5 Likes

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by baliyubla: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2018
In that write up are all the reasons Trump called him Lifeless, and with the few interviews the dullard has given, one would confess that the writer said nothing but the truth. Its so sad that Nigeria, scored an own goal with Buhari and that's why the country is losing, but there's still hope, as substitution is still part of the game, and substitute we must make, with Atikulate coming on for the dullard who is only good at scoring own goals.

2 Likes

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by ATEAMS: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2018
twas a boring period.. menh! hiss!

1 Like

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by Bethel4Life(f): 3:29am On Oct 13, 2018
Chai this is too much for we Bmcs,, pls av mercy on us u atikulators

4 Likes

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by Freeeanijor: 3:42am On Oct 13, 2018
Op simply say he was lifeless like Donald Trump.

2 Likes

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:17am On Oct 13, 2018
Mynd44 or lalasticlala
Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by dlondonbadboy: 5:44am On Oct 13, 2018
How can BMC survive this period?? How?

2 Likes

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:45am On Oct 13, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
How can BMC survive this period?? How?
Sold their conscience for #30,000

2 Likes

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by truthfulparrot(m): 5:55am On Oct 13, 2018
That is what Sarki and Co failed to realise. Sentiment does not make a good leader. Buhari may have integrity but he obviously lack the intellectual capacity to govern Nigeria. PMB is being held hostage by a Cabal who are taking advantage of his limitations to achieve their selfish ends.

4 Likes

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by SarkinYarki: 6:09am On Oct 13, 2018

I also remember he was asked about how he would fix the challenge of power, but instead of responding to the question, he regaled us with heroics of the 1980s.

And you see see why no single Megawatt except lies have been added to the grid since he came ....

A man cannot give what he doesn't have, man's ability lies in his vision and a man whose vision is trapped in the past can only take you backwards.. that said I have always maintained that from my visual study of Buhari I can tell he as an IQ of somewhere below 45 which is serious problem given that IQs below 70 are considered as mental retardation , Yes Buhari is a hyper retard and the tragedy is that Nigerians allowed him rule them twice a costly mistake that has set generations of destinies back and destroyed many more from the 80s.... Do you know when Nigerians Say Nigeria should be like Malaysia or Dubai today Buhari is actually the biggest reason why Nigeria is not like Malaysia today!!!! Yes his coup of 1983 is where we missed our road completely..... Never Again !!!!!!!!! We must send the dullard packing

2 Likes

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by Mujtahida: 6:13am On Oct 13, 2018
Buhari is an intellectual dwarf, so poor that he cannot give any formal address without reading from a prepared written speech. Americans always insist that their Presidents are good orators because speech is one of the signs of intelligence of which Buhari has none!

1 Like

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 13, 2018
Before Jonathan appointed Anyim as SGF we supported him unconditionally.

In his six years reign, not many gain did we have as evidenced in many federal roads in the East still being death traps, dredging of River Niger abandoned, our ports still not built.

But in 2015 we supported him still because we saw direction for Nigeria.

We sounded it to everyone that cared to hear that Buhari is daft, but no, we were being emotional.

Today we are vindicated.

"Nemo dat quod non habet" is a universal phenomenon that has stood through times. Because nobody can give what he doesn't have. If you ask me for 200k but I have less than 50k in my account, no Jupiter will help me manufacture the rest.

Buhari cannot give what he doesn't have. This thing is as simple as moving some balls of eba from soup to mouth.

1 Like

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by bonechamberlain(m): 6:25am On Oct 13, 2018
buhari leaving in past glory is nonsense, buharis past has no glory, it was still the same hardship, religious extremism, suffering, etc.

1 Like

Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
grin
Re: A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo by mightyhazell: 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
na this lifelessness some online miscreants want make we suffer another 4yrs because osubande will take over from there... some of these online miscreants sef

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ekweremadu And PDP - Typical Case Of Use And Dump By Barnabas Nze / Nigerians Still Reacting To Lai Mohammed / Buhari Departs Abuja For Poland - See His Reason And Share Your Thought About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.