Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,472 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction (25773 Views)

MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction / Road Construction In Abuja By Ebeano Supermarket (Photos) / An Overview Of Lagos-Airport Road Construction - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by AutoReportNG: 12:29am On Oct 13, 2018
For those who normally ply through the Oshodi-Airport Expressway, especially those within the Ajao Estate which is much closer to MMIA will attest to it that life has been hell on this route especially towards the evening, all thanks to the road construction from the bridge which leads to the airport gate.

Last year the Lagos State Government decided to reconstruct this road because according to the governor, the road is the gateway that leads to the state capital and so, the road needs to meet with the best international road standard. The road is being reconstructed simultaneously with the Oshodi BRT Terminus. Last month, the Lagos State Government decided to go on an assessment tour to see how far the work and what needs to be done on time.

These are some pictures from the site.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/update-on-oshodi-airport-road.html

[img]https://1.bp..com/-wdGfDGNBjmA/W8Ep0sPXFCI/AAAAAAAAU-0/tCoprzvaPXg7EFLg6EX-K5ovONKOgyWSQCEwYBhgL/s1600/Airport_Road_008_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-SIH8NisWYtU/W8EpxXUYysI/AAAAAAAAU98/WKIEHwWGiK8PeKy6DzkzZQpNAdxr19U_QCLcBGAs/s1600/Airport_Road_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-DpueEXL5rOQ/W8Epx8h3QQI/AAAAAAAAU-A/E-krpZZ0_rMDES_Mj1t6Palfiihwet91gCLcBGAs/s1600/Airport_Road_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-081Zz8TjZAg/W8Epx2zfmEI/AAAAAAAAU-E/LuVgRCgl2XU6GZXK_4o5uhlFuUc0YId7ACLcBGAs/s1600/Airport_Road_003_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Nplq--E6SJc/W8EpzUVVm2I/AAAAAAAAU-M/VVHpPQJH8Ggovy3Tx5vT7jmZMljwTGydgCLcBGAs/s1600/Airport_Road_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-7eIPtu_BJNc/W8Ep1eGCF8I/AAAAAAAAU-c/1C9AUGC4_9QBnHuFL8XE5kKRv2RSwfkkACLcBGAs/s1600/Airport_Road_009_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by AutoReportNG: 12:30am On Oct 13, 2018
Eko oni baje

Will Ambode finish this route? See more of the pictures here...

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/update-on-oshodi-airport-road.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by Geespot: 12:32am On Oct 13, 2018
Very good

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by forgiveness: 12:41am On Oct 13, 2018
Good job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by berbs: 2:38am On Oct 13, 2018
This pple are sha claiming that they don't want Ambode again, Ambo lekan si

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by REDshouse(m): 3:03am On Oct 13, 2018
Next Abandon project when Sanwo olu come on board....like Badagary express way

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by emmy4lov(m): 4:49am On Oct 13, 2018
Only God knows when this project will be completed..

Only in Lagos road construction take forever to complete. Just frustrating people, nonsense government. Everything is just so tiring in this country

Someone please give me a US visa

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by Racoon(m): 5:30am On Oct 13, 2018
Nice work being done there for those of us who know that road well in the past.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by Anduku: 6:17am On Oct 13, 2018
Was it not foolishness to abandon Badagry expressway and embark on another big money road project,? How about completing one project first before starting another? Hope the next governor will not abandon this one and start his own project also

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by EternalBeing: 9:39am On Oct 13, 2018
With all these wonderful developments... No matter how coward Christians try to shy aways from the conspicuous truth, Tinubu and Buhari ganged up against Ambode because he's not a Moslem. I don't know why most Christians are so gullible. The Muslims so easily manipulate Christians against themselves, using Christians to fight Christians and cause implosions from within the Church. Muslims control the wealth of this nation through Politics and some senseless slave Christians are asking that Christians should not get involved in Politics. I've never for once seen a Mosley condemn MURIC'S incessant attacks on Christians' Political Stand, I've never for once seen MURIC condemn Fulani herdsmen or Bokoharam, I've never seen Buhari prosecute or jail the MiyettiAllahs that have audaciously publicly announce even before going on killing spree, etc... Yet, some senseless Christians are saying trash about our wonderdul Oyedepo Which Bible do these lazy coward selfish Christians read? JESUS said in Luke 19:13 "Occupy till I come" YAHWEH told us as His genuine Children not slaves, Genesis 1:28b "Have dominion over all" But these selfish beings who won't fight for their Children and unborn generation just wanna selfishly be alive. Such foolish dimwitted Christians that claims Christians should have nothing to do with Politics blinded themselves to the Bible that says Daniel, Esther, Elijah, Joshua, David, Paul, Nicodemus, etc are all Politicians that even waged courageous Wars to save their generations from impending doom, they destroy their enemies. He warned Galatians, HE warned the Christians of Turkey, HE's warning Christians of Nigeria now! Galatians 3:1 "Who has bewitched you with cowardice and selfishness, oh self-deceptive Christians of Nigeria"

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by chinavs9ja(m): 9:39am On Oct 13, 2018
Lagos is special...small London grin

I am a web designer, check my signature if you need me

3 Likes

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by AmazingELixir: 9:41am On Oct 13, 2018
cry cry cry

Ambo too bad the conspiracy at bourdillon prevented you from reaping the accolades of your dream for Lagos state.

Ambo you had big dreams but the landlord of Lagos YES the one with the brown teeth with his gang of leeches thought otherwise.

Ambo if you can, just complete the projects you can before time runs out.. posterity will remember you...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by Jaykolo10(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2018
Till now I think Ambo still deserves second term

9 Likes

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by Aldebaran(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2018
Nice grin
Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by adioolayi(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2018
So, I will now allow one Jimi Agbaje "Just Kidding" man to destroy all this progressive legacies...Never!

I am not playing tribal card, but it will be foolish of me to vote a party where SW doesn't hold tangible position in her party structure. Also, the likelihood of SW not being in top 5 citizens position is almost sure (President, VP, Senate President, Speaker, CJ).
If you happens to be in my shoe, won't you vote Osinbajo and Fashola (Lagos-Ibadan expressway, Ogbomosho-Oyo section of Ibadan -Ilorin expressway, Lagos-Ibadan standard rail all receiving attention) again for the next four years rather to one Obi and other uncertain cabinet members

I am voting Osinbajo in 2019!
Sai Buhari

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 13, 2018
This route is off limits for me. If I'm going to Egbeda or Iyana Ipaja, I'd rather go through Agege, and if I'm going to Mushin or Surulere, Ikorodu road is the best option.

Thank God I have no business around Oshodi

1 Like

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by deepwater(f): 9:43am On Oct 13, 2018
Lol
Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by CaptainFM1: 9:45am On Oct 13, 2018
Anduku:
Was it not foolishness to abandon Badagry expressway and embark on another big money road project,? How about completing one project first before starting another? Hope the next governor will not abandon this one and start his own project also

You can embark on multiple projects if you can fund it. Lagos has the resources to do that. Moreover more jobs will be created with multiple projects which is a way of reinvesting into the people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by kerry57: 9:45am On Oct 13, 2018
Any good is welcomed by me whether in Lagos, onitsha, PH, maiduguri, Abuja etc. In as much as it will life better for Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by Omololu001: 9:47am On Oct 13, 2018
emmy4lov:
Only God knows when this project will be completed..

Only in Lagos road construction take forever to complete. Just frustrating people, nonsense government. Everything is just so tiring in this country

Someone please give me a US visa
take

4 Likes

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by deepwater(f): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2018
Earthbound:
This route is off limits for me. If I'm going to Egbeda or Iyana Ipaja, I'd rather go through Agege, and if I'm going to Mushin or Surulere, Ikorodu road is the best option.

Thank God I have no business around Oshodi
The reason is that they have killed mile 2 axis of apapa - oshodi expressway.

Otherwise, you will know that coming from the island, this particular road is the shortest to the airport. And would have been very important for you.

10 Likes

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by Beremx(f): 9:48am On Oct 13, 2018
I pass that road everyday to work going to Ikeja. I am happy about the construction going on there.

I dunno why federal roads in Lagos are taking eternity to construct. Example Badagry expressway and abeokuta expressway

8 Likes

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by jerryunit48: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2018
Ambode is right on this one o , I don’t know what they have against him

2 Likes

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by candygist: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2018
REDshouse:
Next Abandon project when Sanwo olu come on board....like Badagary express way

Lagos state government is all about continuity . The next govt will continue from where he stops. Lagos is not east

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by deepwater(f): 9:50am On Oct 13, 2018
Op Tell them to stop using cele ijesha to mile 2 express way as the new lagos " approved trailer Park ".

This is very bad and bad for Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 13, 2018
adioolayi:
So, I will now allow one Jimi Agbaje "Just Kidding" man to destroy all this progressive legacies...Never!

I am not playing tribal card, but it will be foolish of me to vote a party where SW doesn't hold tangible position in her party structure. Also, the likelihood of SW not being in top 5 citizens position is almost sure (President, VP, Senate President, Speaker, CJ).
If you happens to be in my shoe, won't you vote Osinbajo and Fashola (Lagos-Ibadan expressway, Ogbomosho-Oyo section of Ibadan -Ilorin expressway, Lagos-Ibadan standard rail all receiving attention) again for the next four years rather to one Obi and other uncertain cabinet members

I am voting Osinbajo in 2019!
Sai Buhari

Now, how do you feel saying this? You said you are not trying to play the tribal card but it's exactly what you just did. I know you will be more sensible than this later.
Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 9:52am On Oct 13, 2018
the South East should learn from the West. instead of developing their region, they are busy shouting Biafra. Biafra died with ijukwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by SureBETarena: 9:52am On Oct 13, 2018
CaptainFM1:

You can embark on multiple projects if you can fund it. Lagos has the resources to do that. Moreover more jobs will be created with multiple projects which is a way of reinvesting into the people.
Keep deceiving yourself, was planning to move to Ajao estate around that axis but a friend said that road has been that way since 2017 and it's worries the residents.
Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by jaxxy(m): 9:53am On Oct 13, 2018
Apc is quite creative in Lagos sate. Only

1 Like

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 13, 2018
deepwater:

The reason is that they have killed mile 2 axis of apapa - oshodi expressway.

Otherwise, you will know that coming from the island, this particular road is the shortest to the airport. And would have been very important for you.
You're right. My problem is, even if the roads are completely rehabilitated, Agege motor road would have become too narrow for the volume of traffic that uses it

1 Like

Re: Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction by XaintJoel20: 9:55am On Oct 13, 2018
Positive development coming out from the State of Excellence...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer & Bus Accident On Iyana-Oworo Bridge In Lagos (Pictures) / Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic / Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.