Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib (893 Views)

Ohaneze Secretary Apologises To Buhari Over Atiku’s Endorsement / BREAKING: Anambra Govt Disowns Atiku’s Endorsement, Hits Ohanaeze / Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by sarrki(m): 1:45am On Oct 13, 2018
The Secretary General of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), Mr. Anthony Sani, has reacted to former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s endorsement of former Vice President and presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, saying that Obasanjo is suffering from a dearth of vision and conviction required of a statesman.

Sani, an elder statesman, however noted that with the level of Obasanjo’s inconsistency, he may change his mind again and withdraw his support for Atiku before 2019.

Sani said Obasanjo as a statesman is expected to be an embodiment of national ideals and moral values for the nation, but the way he has conducted himself by tearing his PDP card and saying he would no more play partisan politics and forming a movement which he said is third force only for him to convert it to a political party of ADC, culminating in the endorsement of former Vice President Atiku reeks of inconsistency which comes with a dearth of vision and conviction required of a statesman.

According to the ACF scribe, “it is democracy in action which at once confirms the saying that the only thing that is permanent in politics is interest; no permanent friends or enemies.

“If you consider what the former President has written about his former Vice President Abubakar Atiku to the extent of saying God would not forgive him if he endorsed Atiku for president, then you can hardly avoid the conclusion that common decency is yet to take root in our democracy, especially when regard is paid to the place of the former president in the order of things in Nigeria.

“President Obasanjo is a statesman who is expected to be an embodiment of national ideals and moral values for the nation. But the way he has conducted himself by tearing his PDP card and saying he would no more play partisan politics and forming a movement which he said is third force only for him to convert it to a political party of ADC, culminating in the endorsement of former VP Atiku reeks of inconsistency that comes with dearth of vision and conviction required of statesmen.

“That may explain why most Nigerians may be curt and dismissive of the former president out of fear that he is just like a reed who can change his mind before the day of elections in 2019.”

Asked whether the North will go with Obasanjo in endorsing Atiku, Sani said: “It is not possible for the whole North to be with former President Obasanjo in that endorsement precisely because the former Vice President is a major challenger of the incumbent President who is also a Northerner and a Hausa/Fulani Muslim.

“As a result, politics of identity as symbolised by ethnicity, religion and of region would give way for those of real issues of real concern to real ordinary Northerners and by extension Nigerians

http://thenationonlineng.net/atikus-endorsement-obj-suffering-from-dearth-of-vision-conviction-acf-scribe/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by sarrki(m): 1:48am On Oct 13, 2018
While some morons called afenifere;

That supposed to be a pan Yoruba Group

Are jubilating and shopping for another region

Of what benefit will that be politically

I can bet anything on this

They hate Osinbajo because he’s a omoluabis

Now they are telling us to support one Obi

Obi ko PAUL ni

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by MayorofLagos(m): 1:51am On Oct 13, 2018
sarrki:
The Secretary General of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), Mr. Anthony Sani, has reacted to former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s endorsement of former Vice President and presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, saying that Obasanjo is suffering from a dearth of vision and conviction required of a statesman.

Sani, an elder statesman, however noted that with the level of Obasanjo’s inconsistency, he may change his mind again and withdraw his support for Atiku before 2019.

Sani said Obasanjo as a statesman is expected to be an embodiment of national ideals and moral values for the nation, but the way he has conducted himself by tearing his PDP card and saying he would no more play partisan politics and forming a movement which he said is third force only for him to convert it to a political party of ADC, culminating in the endorsement of former Vice President Atiku reeks of inconsistency which comes with a dearth of vision and conviction required of a statesman.

According to the ACF scribe, “it is democracy in action which at once confirms the saying that the only thing that is permanent in politics is interest; no permanent friends or enemies.

“If you consider what the former President has written about his former Vice President Abubakar Atiku to the extent of saying God would not forgive him if he endorsed Atiku for president, then you can hardly avoid the conclusion that common decency is yet to take root in our democracy, especially when regard is paid to the place of the former president in the order of things in Nigeria.

“President Obasanjo is a statesman who is expected to be an embodiment of national ideals and moral values for the nation. But the way he has conducted himself by tearing his PDP card and saying he would no more play partisan politics and forming a movement which he said is third force only for him to convert it to a political party of ADC, culminating in the endorsement of former VP Atiku reeks of inconsistency that comes with dearth of vision and conviction required of statesmen.

“That may explain why most Nigerians may be curt and dismissive of the former president out of fear that he is just like a reed who can change his mind before the day of elections in 2019.”

Asked whether the North will go with Obasanjo in endorsing Atiku, Sani said: “It is not possible for the whole North to be with former President Obasanjo in that endorsement precisely because the former Vice President is a major challenger of the incumbent President who is also a Northerner and a Hausa/Fulani Muslim.

“As a result, politics of identity as symbolised by ethnicity, religion and of region would give way for those of real issues of real concern to real ordinary Northerners and by extension Nigerians

http://thenationonlineng.net/atikus-endorsement-obj-suffering-from-dearth-of-vision-conviction-acf-scribe/

No more, no less!

Thats it! Its why everybody must keep his interest infront of his chest. Simple! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by IamD18: 1:55am On Oct 13, 2018
sarrki:

Now they are telling US to support one Obi

Obi ko PAUL ni

Who are the "US"?

The support of you and the "US" joined together is very useless to Atikulated Nigerians.

Better stick with your salve master Buhari or else!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by Bethel4Life(f): 1:57am On Oct 13, 2018
Look after they will tell us that the secretary didn't speak for the group...

Back to Daura

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by Bethel4Life(f): 1:57am On Oct 13, 2018
Look after they will tell us that the secretary didn't speak for the group...

Back to Daura

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by MayorofLagos(m): 1:59am On Oct 13, 2018
sarrki:

Obi ko PAUL ni

Lmao...they are afraid to come into open and declare they are PDP so they hide under the banner of Yoruba leadership to run party errands. They sold the Yoruba koolaid to Atiku that Afenifere can get him half of Yoruba votes. Why did they not get half of Ypruba votes for PDP in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo, Osun?

They will all be razzmatazzed in February.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by Bethel4Life(f): 1:59am On Oct 13, 2018
sarrki:
Obi ko PAUL ni
trash

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by Bethel4Life(f): 2:02am On Oct 13, 2018
MayorofLagos:

No more, no less!

Thats it! Its why everybody must keep his interest infront of his chest. Simple! grin
Trash again..

Bmc are in pains and av been wailing since last 2 days... Today they hail Obj, 2moro they insult him...... Watt can be more confusing than that

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by MayorofLagos(m): 2:03am On Oct 13, 2018
As a result, politics of identity as symbolised by ethnicity, religion and of region would give way for those of real issues of real concern to real ordinary Northerners and by extension Nigerians

See Hausa/Fulani playing Yoruba card....claiming "Northerners first, Nigeria second". grin.
Orisirisi!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by Bethel4Life(f): 2:04am On Oct 13, 2018
MayorofLagos:

Lmao...they are afraid to come into open and declare they are PDP so they hide under the banner of Yoruba leadership to run party errands. They sold the Yoruba koolaid to Atiku that Afenifere can get him half of Yoruba votes. Why did they not get half of Ypruba votes for PDP in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo, Osun?

They will all be razzmatazzed in February.
this is where u see this bmc guy... Always wailing as if they are in the opposition

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by ATankado: 2:18am On Oct 13, 2018
Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by sekembaakesan(m): 3:00am On Oct 13, 2018
See biafrans attacking anyone who is not on the same page with their new found lord Evangelist Somtochukwu Atiku Oyedepo Abubakar!

I wonder how the uninformed miscreants will deal with their imminent loss come 2019 and beyond

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by ipobarethieves: 3:34am On Oct 13, 2018
sad Bitterness embittered life..I dnt do politic of bitterness.Somebody should tell that confused ACF secretary to kip qwayet there.Anybody is free to associate with any candidate/polical party he like.Where was the confused man when Pa OBJ shredded his PD pigs membership card and support APC /Pa Buhari? Wen Pa OBJ support Buhari for President, he see clearly then abi?If Atiku win (I doubt), good for him and if not, good for him.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by Godjone(m): 3:48am On Oct 13, 2018
sarrki:

Obi ko PAUL ni
I thought you were truly a patriot. But today you made me think otherwise. Zumbi

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by python2gbera: 3:56am On Oct 13, 2018
-python2

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 13, 2018
sarrki:

Obi ko PAUL ni

Sophisticated tribe my foot! Greedy and selfish lots!

One thing Nigerians failed to realise is that contrary to popular opinions that Igbos are very tribalistic, recent events are now show casing who the real tribal people are.

Yorubas are supporting an iddiot Buhari only because they want to become president. Its not out of love for Buhari, the North or Nigeria. You people just want to be in charge so that you can use Nigeria's resources and develop our region massively. But guess what? That will never ever happen! Apologies to reasonable Yoruba people though.

Why I laugh at you guys political permutations is that the hatred of yoruba people for the Igbos is what will divide this country.

Let me tell you why. The Yorubas of course will vote Buhari again not because he is good but only because they hate the idea of an Igbo VP and the idea of Igbos dreaming of presidency. Finally, they also want to become president after Buhari. Lols... I laugh in Northern Agenda.

Newsflash bro.... The Northerners can never allow that!

Even if Bullhary wins the 2019 elections, we Igbos are ready as usual to face him squarely. Are Yorubas ready to endure another hunger for the next for years? Me and you knows who controls importation and business in this country. Do you know the banger? The Northern cabals will never allow Buhari to handover to a Southerner. When APC zones back power to South, all of them will port back to PDP, choose an Igbo vp again and still win the South! The North is already in the bag. Do you expect Igbos and South South to support you guys to be president for 8 years, vp for 4 or 8 years and still watch as you become president again? That can never happen! Quote me anywhere.

Kpatakpata, Tinubu will form another regional party as usual and take you guys back to Oduaa land!

We are wiser now!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by BeardedMeat(m): 9:56am On Oct 13, 2018
sarrki:

Obi ko PAUL ni
Obi ko Obo ni grin
You go wail Taya cos 2019 is the appointed time.
BTW, who's asking for sarrki's support? Abeg go baff grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by CodeTemplar: 10:22am On Oct 13, 2018
sekembaakesan:
See biafrans attacking anyone who is not on the same page with their new found lord Evangelist Somtochukwu Atiku Oyedepo Abubakar!

I wonder how the uninformed miscreants will deal with their imminent loss come 2019 and beyond
Remove Oyedepo from your list, He was there as a mediator. To make peace unlike MURIC and IMN.
Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by CodeTemplar: 10:24am On Oct 13, 2018
RebelChip:

One thing Nigerians failed to realise is that contrary to popular opinions that Igbos are very tribalistic, recent events are now show casing who the real tribal people are.

Yorubas are supporting an iddiot Buhari only because they want to become president. Its not out of love for Buhari, the North or Nigeria. You people just want to be in charge so that you can use Nigeria's resources and develop our region massively. But guess what? That will never ever happen! Apologies to reasonable Yoruba people though.

Why I laugh at you guys political permutations is that the hatred of yoruba people for the Igbos is what will divide this country.

Let me tell you why. The Yorubas of course will vote Buhari again not because he is good but only because they hate the idea of an Igbo VP and the idea of Igbos dreaming of presidency. Finally, they also want to become president after Buhari. Lols... I laugh in Northern Agenda.

Even if Bullhary wins the 2019 elections, we Igbos are ready as usual to face him squarely. Are Yorubas ready to endure another hunger for the next for years? Me and you knows who controls importation and business in this country. Do you know the banger? The Northern cabals will never allow Buhari to handover to a Southerner. When APC zones back power to South, all of them will port back to PDP, choose an Igbo vp again and still win the South! The North is already in the bag. Do you expect Igbos and South South to support you guys to be president for 8 years, vp for 4 or 8 years and still watch as you become president again? That can never happen! Quote me anywhere.

Kpatakpata, Tinubu will form another regional party as usual and take you guys back to Oduaa land!

We are wiser now!
Have you ever wondered why the Yoruba's don't give block votes? Detribalization. Get it?
Stop banking on hate speeches to sway people.
Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Remove Oyedepo from your list, He was there as a mediator. To make peace unlike MURIC and IMN.
oyedepo is not a man of integrity. He's doing all these cos no free money again. No private jet for pastors unlike gej.
Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by fedorahat: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2018
[s]
RebelChip:

We are wiser now!
[/s]
Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by CodeTemplar: 10:37am On Oct 13, 2018
bamidelee:

oyedepo is not a man of integrity. He's doing all these cos no free money again. No private jet for pastors unlike gej.
If you know Oyedepo and his ministry just 2%, you will know that he is running a billion dollar expenditure that will easily buy him 50 solid private jets should he decide to go for it. The APC lies are fast crumbling.
Oyedepo is just a private individual who reconciled two old friends, Atiku and Obasanjo.
Don't let that affect your thinking much.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 13, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If you know Oyedepo and his ministry just 2%, you will know that he is running a billion dollar expenditure that will easily buy him 50 solid private jets should he decide to go for it. The APC lies are fast crumbling.
Oyedepo is just a private individual who reconciled two old friends, Atiku and Obasanjo.
Don't let that affect your thinking much.
he.got those wealth through fraud
Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: OBJ Suffering From Dearth Of Vision, Conviction — ACF Scrib by CodeTemplar: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2018
bamidelee:
he.got those wealth through fraud
Prove it or tell if he defrauded u.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Fayemi Declares Free Education / There's No Difference Between Boko Haram And APC ~ Shehu Sani / Referendum: IPOB Visits BBC London Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.