Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa (26739 Views)

Nigeria Highest VAT Ever Of N2tn In 2021, As Kano Beats South East Combined / Gov Ikpeazu Appoints 18-year-old, Chineme Ota As 2018 One-day Abia Governor / Forbes Names Nigeria Best Economy In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2018
Nigeria have had the best economy in Africa since early this year, buh many Nigerians doesn't know a thing about their own country and would rather use jollof rice, hiv and colorist joke to defend their country instead oif facts when attacked. As worst as Nigeria is presently, it remains the best country in Africa after South Africa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2018
They’ve collected money and have started pushing rubbish to the front page.. nairaland you people don’t want to have sense abi?
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

You can hang yourself for you like na. Shebi life don taya u ni

I can't even understand the gibberish you wrote up there, Brighter Grammar will help you bruh
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Cajal(m): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
#IStandWithIntegrity grin grin

Gaskiya for de Masses dem ✔️

Friend of Farmers ✔️

Chief Social Investment Officer ✔️

Supporter of State Governments ✔️

Subduer & Silencer of Shekau ✔️

2018 AU AntiCorruption Champion ✔️

#PMBx2 ✔️
....i give it to PYO
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by YoungLionken(m): 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
#IStandWithIntegrity grin grin

Gaskiya for de Masses dem ✔️

Friend of Farmers ✔️

Chief Social Investment Officer ✔️

Supporter of State Governments ✔️

Subduer & Silencer of Shekau ✔️

2018 AU AntiCorruption Champion ✔️

#PMBx2 ✔️
You can sit with him if you want, but not in Aso Rock villa, maybe in Daura or London his 2nd home.
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by eleojo23: 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
So we are back to where GEJ/PDP left us before ApC came and took us backwards into recession. This is no progress. It means Buhari is just starting work...after three years...
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by fasterwell(m): 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
Johnzzy:
Sorry, but this record was set by GEJ several years ago. Are we celebrating past successes as achievements?

Mad people full APC sha.

GEJ made Nigeria the largest economy in Africa but he handed a bleeding economy on a life support to Buhari

Meanwhile that something the largest doesn't mean it is the best

SAI BABA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by EMIOMOADEOYE: 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2018
Corrinthians:
Silently but steadily, Buhari is righting the wrongs of our leaders past.

It is incumbent on all patriotic and well meaning citizens of the country to ensure this onerous task of recalliberating the trajectory and momentum of our journey to uhuru is sustained- Buhari is the man with all the moral compass needed to achieve that objective.

As for me and my house, Buhari is was, Buhari is will ALWAYS be!

Sai Baba!

But this is not Buhari's doing. And you know that. If at all nything Buhari has only drawn a reverse circle......if there is any such thing.

This is exactly the same spot we were before Buhari started his administration. He to us down and back to square one.

Besides being the largest economy is not result. It is just potential. Harness that potential into something tangible for the masses.

How doe that figure translate on the par capita level.

I think we need to stop adopt a psycophant mentality and face real facts.

NIgeria has recently being labelled the worl headquarter of poverty. That speaks a lot of volumes. We never had that label in any of the other previous administrations, as corrupt as they are claimed to be.
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by GreatestA1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2018
Funnicator:
Propaganda.

Whereas we're losing jobs in droves.
How? How many companies have folded?
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2018
aikluck007:
They’ve collected money and have started pushing rubbish to the front page.. nairaland you people don’t want to have sense abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by SarkinYarki: 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2018
Clearly very fake misleading news planted by the Satanists
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Teeboi56: 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2018
Sai baba all d way
He his the best president he need 4 more years to be the best president ever in Nigeria history
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by LANDLORD72: 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
Best in African economy that does not reflect on the life of the citzeen because of the lifeless one who travel all over the world without achievement.
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by mrkia(m): 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
Johnzzy:
Sorry, but this record was set by GEJ several years ago. Are we celebrating past successes as achievements?

Mad people full APC sha.
thanks bros for being calculative, somebody like you will definitely, that is if genuiety is in your dico agreed that past leaders instrumentalized the recession that PMB's instrumentation helped us dealt with successfully .

Please let criticize objectively
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by outlook2018: 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=72051474]Forbes Africa, a major global research firm, has rated Nigeria as the 2018 best economy in Africa, beating South Africa, Egypt and others.

According to Forbes, Nigeria came top with $172 billion, which was followed by South Africa with $166.735 billion.

Also on the list was Egypt as third with $78 billion, Algeria with $66, Lybia :$65, Botswana: $22.675, Ghana :$20.458 Morroco :$18, Ivory Coast :$11 and Madagascar with $6.766 billion.

Nigeria’s West-African neighbours, Ghana, is seventh with $20.458, Morroco is eighth with $18 billion, Ivory Coast is ninth with $11 billion while Madagascar is tenth with $6.766 billion.

https://leadership.ng/2018/10/10/nigeria-beats-south-africa-others-as-2018-best-economy-in-africa/

Reality on ground/Sai Baba 2023

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by israelmao(m): 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
The reality is that over 80million people are still in deep poverty in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by cbrass(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2018
I wish we can beat South Africa hands down.. I am going to add to the economy of the country soon wink
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by servercodes001: 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
Zero votes for Atiku
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by banggy: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2018
Corrinthians:
Silently but steadily, Buhari is righting the wrongs of our leaders past.

It is incumbent on all patriotic and well meaning citizens of the country to ensure this onerous task of recalliberating the trajectory and momentum of our journey to uhuru is sustained- Buhari is the man with all the moral compass needed to achieve that objective.

As for me and my house, Buhari is was, Buhari is will ALWAYS be!

Sai Baba!

seconded
istandwithbuhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=Fukafuka post=72052441][/quote]
And who’s this child?
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Chukazu: 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2018
gdonj1:
unfulfilled campaign promises Muhammadu Buhari made in 2015.
1. I will reduce fuel price to #45 naira per liter
2. There will be free education @all level
3. I will pay 23 million Nigerians #5,000 monthly.
4. I will increase minimum wage and place every graduate in salary for extra 1 year after their service.
5. One free meal ( to include fruits) daily, for public primary schools pupils.
6. I will revive all our refinery in my first one year in office and build more to produce more for our domestic consumption.
7. I will crush Boko Haram in my first 3 months in office.
8. Three million jobs per year.
9. Stabilizing the naira
10. I will BAN all government officials from seeking medical care abroad.
11. I will make sure kerosene is 50 Naira per liter.
12. I will make sure 1 Naira per 1 US dollars.

Any knows what SLOGAN APC would be campaigning on yet?
They Eroded the word "CHANGE" , so what is the next SLOGAN ?
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2018
aikluck007:

And who’s this child?

Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by taretoofine(m): 4:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
gdonj1:
unfulfilled campaign promises Muhammadu Buhari made in 2015.
1. I will reduce fuel price to #45 naira per liter
2. There will be free education @all level
3. I will pay 23 million Nigerians #5,000 monthly.
4. I will increase minimum wage and place every graduate in salary for extra 1 year after their service.
5. One free meal ( to include fruits) daily, for public primary schools pupils.
6. I will revive all our refinery in my first one year in office and build more to produce more for our domestic consumption.
7. I will crush Boko Haram in my first 3 months in office.
8. Three million jobs per year.
9. Stabilizing the naira
10. I will BAN all government officials from seeking medical care abroad.
11. I will make sure kerosene is 50 Naira per liter.
12. I will make sure 1 Naira per 1 US dollars.
I REMEMBERED VIVIDLY grin, ABEG WHO GET THAT BUT WHY PICTURE
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by LIVEBYTRUTH: 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
This is the biggest lie of the century, election is fast approaching, we heard this during GEJ squandamania regime , instead of me to believe this LIE , i'll prefer to believe that my grandmother was a MAN.
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Ahmeduana(m): 4:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
The idiot that post this, should shut fork up, 520 billion was handed over to Mr dullard, and ruin it down to 176 so don't come here excited like a year old toddler that just got a gift of candy...
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2018
cheesy

BMCs are doing a good work to market their corrupt dullard.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by GentleMoney: 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2018
Funnicator:
Propaganda.
Whereas we're losing jobs in droves.

Hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Kennitrust(m): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
They said campaign should start on the 17 November, APC no want hear
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Bizibi(m): 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
Wonderful!!!! Campaign don start
Re: Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa by Unlimited22: 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
This news is skewed. There are many metrics used to judge an economy.
If this one is judged by total GDP, which I think it is, then this is grossly overrated.
The main pointers should be GDP per Capita, which judges the total output against the population in the county. Do that and you see how we measure up against other nations.
I am not even going to talk about HDI and income equality ratio.
This, as usual, is biased reporting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oputa Court Complex Owerri In Pictures / Court To IGP Baba: Stop Parading Yourself As IGP, Your Stay In Office Unlawful / Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello Spotted in the midst of Masquerades At Anyigba (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.