Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari (1130 Views)

Dual Citizenship: Senate President, Speaker Risk Losing Seats / Why I Respect Buhari So Much – David Umahi / What Will Happen To Religious Leaders Involved In Partisan Politics – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
called on religious leaders to eschew partisan politics or risk losing public respect.

He stated this at the Interfaith Conference held at Sheraton Hotel, Abuja on Saturday.

The event, which had as theme: 'Religious Harmony in Nigeria: Towards the 2019 General Election' featured the presence of religious leaders, including the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, as well as former Heads of State General Yakubu Gowon (rtd) and General Abdusalami Abubakar (rtd).

In his speech at the event, Buhari commended the religious leaders for the initiative, just as he called on politicians to endeavour to put their countries first, instead of selfish ambitions.

He said: "Having witnessed the roles our religious leaders have been playing so far, I appeal to them to eschew partisan politics and appeal to their respective members to read the manifestos of each political party, discuss and pray for God’s guidance before casting their votes. Religious leaders should not be seen to involve themselves in partisan politics or political controversies. Otherwise they risk losing their status and public respect."

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/13/religious-leaders-involved-partisan-politics-or-political-controversies-risk-losing
Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by WhyMoD: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2018
Lol.. but they didn't lose respect when Mbaka and The Redeem pastor were singing ur praises..

This man keep showing how much of a pretender that he is..
Double standard, yet claiming Mr Fake Integry

Nigerians behold Mr integrity..
He never stole since he was born..
He didn't even picked meat from the pot as a kid..

Such a perfect Man..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by ATEAMS: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2018
your government have made Nigeria lose respect in general,internationally

so much proof and you choose to ignore that one ..y??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2018
WhyMoD:
lipsrsealed

You just want to book this first to comment by fire by force abi??
Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by Kingosytex(m): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
we have heard you!!
i know exactly who you are refering to.

when the religious leaders gathered to enthrone you, you never made this statement but now everybody is about to atikulate you are already making noise

bloody hypocrite!!!

3 Likes

Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by WhyMoD: 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2018
sexybaby22:

You just want to book this first to comment by fire by force abi??
hehehe..
Na wetin dem teach me here..

No vex I go dash u next time
Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2018
WhyMoD:
hehehe..
Na wetin dem teach me here..

No vex I go dash u next time

No wahala.
Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
I don't think I've ever heard a more hypocritical speech.

1 Like

Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by SarkinYarki: 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2018
Buhari is really really daft
Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by WhyMoD: 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2018
sexybaby22:

No wahala.
cheesy
Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by Racoon(m): 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2018
Buhari is a bloody of hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by JudasNaCarrot: 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2018
Let them lose...

Is it your respect?

Stupid idiotic hypocrite man.

1 Like

Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by orisa37: 6:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
Scoffers' Talk when they forget that there is God and may be The One Leading Those Religious Leaders.
Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by jerryunit48: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2018
Buhari is just worried because of what he did to that Islam leader
Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by EvilMetahuman: 6:52pm On Oct 13, 2018
WhyMoD:
Lol.. but they didn't lose respect when Mbaka and The Redeem pastor were singing ur praises..

This man keep showing how much of a pretender that he is..
Double standard, yet claiming Mr Fake Integry

Nigerians behold Mr integrity..
He never stole since he was born..
He didn't even picked meat from the pot as a kid..

Such a perfect Man..
and were you not here bashing mbaka day and night for supporting buhari... There was even a song bashing mbaka..
Re: Religious Leaders Involved In Politics Risk Losing Respect - Buhari by WhyMoD: 11:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
and were you not here bashing mbaka day and night for supporting buhari... There was even a song bashing mbaka..

so let us all agree that Buhari is a scammer and a pretender then..

(1) (Reply)

100 Soldiers Killed Not Even A Word From The Presidency / DSP Ike Ekweremadu Forsakes Atiku/obi Campaigns For Buhari / 2019: PDP Rejects Inec’s Move To Accommodate APC In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.