Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

We Died With Him. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Died With Him. (1213 Views)

Outrage, As Catholic Priest Tells Congregation That Jesus Died With Erection / Have You Died With Jesus On The Cross / "I Was In The Same Taxi With My Aunt Who Died Years Ago" - South African Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2018
Galatains5:24..24Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

We have to see clearly that what is spoken of here is not a matter of experience(no matter what experience one may have);rather,it is a matter of divine fact."They who are of Christ Jesus"—whether they be strong or weak—"have crucified the flesh with its passions and its lusts."You may say that you are still sinning.But God says that you have been crucified on the cross.You may say that your temper is still with you.But God says that you have been crucified on the cross.You may say that your lust is very strong.But God says that your flesh has been crucified on the cross.Please do not look at your experience for now;pay attention first to what God has said to you.If you do not listen and believe in God's word but look at your own experience,you will never have the experience of the crucifixion of the flesh.Forget about your own feelings and experience.God said that your flesh has been crucified,and it is crucified.First listen to and believe God's word,then the experience will follow.God has said to you,"Your flesh has been crucified."You should answer and say,"Amen. That is right.My flesh has been crucified on the cross."If you do this,you will see that your flesh is truly crucified.
We have to realize that the Bible has never told us to crucify ourselves. Rather,it tells us that we are those who are crucified.We are not being crucified alone,but have been crucified together with the Lord Jesus (Gal. 2:20; Rom. 6:6).Since we have been crucified together,the time that the Lord Jesus was crucified is the time that our flesh was crucified.Furthermore, our crucifixion is not a self-crucifixion.Rather, we were brought to the cross by the Lord Jesus at the time He was crucified.Hence, in God's eyes,our flesh has been crucified on the cross.This is something that has been clearly accomplished on God's side.It has been clearly accomplished and now it is a fact.Whether or not a man has the experience,God still says,"They"—every believer—"who are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh."The way for us to receive the experience of the crucifixion of the flesh is not by paying attention to our experience(which though good,should not be given too much place),but by believing in God's word.God says that our flesh has been crucified,and we believe that our flesh is indeed crucified.God says that our flesh has been crucified on the cross,and we acknowledge that what God says is true. If we do this,we will have the experience.We should first pay attention to God's fact,then to man's experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Died With Him. by forreelinc(m): 5:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
grin na this long thing you want make we read? God go punish you
Re: We Died With Him. by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
Bro brilliantly written. Why we still struggle with some certain things is because we are not believing the word of God. We have so many unbelieving believer's today.
Re: We Died With Him. by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
forreelinc:

What is long about the thread? I will advice you read it and ponder over it.
Re: We Died With Him. by johnw47: 12:00am On Oct 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Bro brilliantly written. Why we still struggle with some certain things is because we are not believing the word of God.

you certinally do not bloodof, this time you say the truth

bloodofthelamb:
We have so many unbelieving believer's today.

ha ha
1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 12:40am On Oct 14, 2018
forreelinc:
Lol
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 12:43am On Oct 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Bro brilliantly written. Why we still struggle with some certain things is because we are not believing the word of God. We have so many unbelieving believer's today.
Thanks bro
Believers have to know who they are in Christ,before they can express the Christ in them to the world.
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 12:44am On Oct 14, 2018
johnw47:

ha ha
1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
What's your point bro
Re: We Died With Him. by ponziponzi(m): 12:56am On Oct 14, 2018
He died of treason, he died for himself.
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 7:41am On Oct 14, 2018
ponziponzi:
Wrong bro
Re: We Died With Him. by johnw47: 8:43am On Oct 14, 2018
ichuka:

What's your point bro

oh duh, for one thing there is no such thing as an unbelieving believer,
that's a oxymoron, the last part of that word is describing bloodof smiley

for the other thing, should i waste my time trying to have you understand? ummm no
Re: We Died With Him. by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2018
johnw47:

ha ha

This why I called you a child. So many people on this forum do not agree with each other on certain things but they don't go about quoting them aimlessly.

Keep following me, seeking attention. Is ovious you have issues with me but I don't have any with you. Keep on having nightmares about my moniker. It is well with you!
Re: We Died With Him. by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2018
ichuka:

What's your point bro

The brother has no point. He just want to pick an unnecessary fight. You will do well to ignore him.
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
johnw47:

oh duh, for one thing there is no such thing as an unbelieving believer,
that's a oxymoron, the last part of that word is describing bloodof smiley

for the other thing, should i waste my time trying to have you understand? ummm no

Lol
I understood what he meant perfectly.you know not every statement is meant for everybody,those it's made for will grasp it,just like I did.
Re: We Died With Him. by ponziponzi(m): 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
ichuka:

Wrong bro

Read your bible bro, the Romans executed him because he committed an act of treason. He was executed as a criminal, he died for his sins.
Re: We Died With Him. by johnw47: 11:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

This why I called you a child. So many people on this forum do not agree with each other on certain things but they don't go about quoting them aimlessly.

Keep following me, seeking attention. Is ovious you have issues with me but I don't have any with you. Keep on having nightmares about my moniker. It is well with you!

but i didn't post aimlessly bloodof, i pointed out the truth of where you do not believe the word of God,
i also pointed out your confusion,
see how you cannot stop lying anywhere:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: We Died With Him. by johnw47: 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2018
ichuka:

Lol
I understood what he meant perfectly.you know not every statement is meant for everybody,those it's made for will grasp it,just like I did.

everyone knew what he meant, and also knew the confused way he said it
but phonies will stick together

@bold, just like my post wasn't to you,
i threw the ball not to you, but you ran in and dropped it
Re: We Died With Him. by johnw47: 12:12am On Oct 15, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

you lie yet again of course bloodof, i quote you pointing out your disbelief of God's word, and i point out your lies

Keep following me, seeking attention.

ha ha, well you do keep putting your words in front of God's word, and you do keep lying,
if i read all your posts i'm sure i would be quoting you much more often

Is ovious you have issues with me but I don't have any with you. Keep on having nightmares about my moniker.

ummm, well it certinally doesn't suit you, if that's what you mean

It is well with you!

yes i believe so
Re: We Died With Him. by johnw47: 1:56am On Oct 15, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

The brother has no point.

i gave two points, but lying comes naturally to you like it does to your god:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

He just want to pick an unnecessary fight. You will do well to ignore him.

you bloodof ignore truth and you advise others to
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
johnw47:

everyone knew what he meant, and also knew the confused way he said it
but phonies will stick together

@bold, just like my post wasn't to you,
i threw the ball not to you, but you ran in and dropped it

lol
You dont do ball playing alone remember?
You play with your team,expect it's not a ball game.
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 7:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
ponziponzi:

Read your bible bro, the Romans executed him because he committed an act of treason. He was executed as a criminal, he died for his sins.
Luke23:4..New International Version
Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd, "I find no basis for a charge against this man."
Your turn to study the bible
Re: We Died With Him. by geoworldedu: 8:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
You died with him? Why?
Re: We Died With Him. by johnw47: 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2018
ichuka:

lol

ummm, great wisdom, not
Re: We Died With Him. by johnw47: 12:19am On Oct 16, 2018
ichuka:

lol

oh duh, teams also play against teams,
i am certinally not on bloodof's and sol lie's team,
the team from hell

huka try something other than wisdom
Re: We Died With Him. by ponziponzi(m): 12:27am On Oct 16, 2018
ichuka:

Luke23:4..New International Version
Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd, "I find no basis for a charge against this man."
Your turn to study the bible

The gospel of Luke was written much later after the death of Jesus and was done to reflect different interests especially towards the Romans. It is certain that the romans killed Jesus as crucifixion is their trademark. A lot of Jews were crucified in mass and Jesus was just one of them. If the Jews killed Jesus, they would have stoned him to death as they usually do for blasphemy or adulatory.
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 7:06am On Oct 16, 2018
ponziponzi:

The gospel of Luke was written much later after the death of Jesus and was done to reflect different interests especially towards the Romans. It is certain that the romans killed Jesus as crucifixion is their trademark. A lot of Jews were crucified in mass and Jesus was just one of them. If the Jews killed Jesus, they would have stoned him to death as they usually do for blasphemy or adulatory.
Lol
So now the gospel of Luke isn't enough to affirm Jesus innocent?
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2018
johnw47:

oh duh, teams also play against teams,
i am certinally not on bloodof's and sol lie's team,
the team from hell

huka try something other than wisdom
Lol ok
Re: We Died With Him. by johnw47: 12:37am On Oct 20, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

smiley

when you lie bloodof, you are just talking naturally,
like your father:

Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
ponziponzi:
wrong
Re: We Died With Him. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2019
This is the truth op. It is all about what God made us to be in Christ not what we made ourself to be.
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 9:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
solite3:
This is the truth op. It is all about what God made us to be in Christ not what we made ourself to be.
Correct bro
The moment we stop looking at ourselves and focus on Him completely there and then we have spiritual experience and growth
Re: We Died With Him. by ponziponzi(m): 2:29am On Sep 11, 2019
ichuka:
wrong

So why was he killed by the romans?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Reverend Sister Who Allegedly Quit Her Profession To Marry An Officer / Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star / Pastor Dare Adeboye Should Be Raised Back To Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.