Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Help. Nissan Primera Suddenly Refused To Start. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help. Nissan Primera Suddenly Refused To Start. (3896 Views)

Nissan Primera Sedan: 2.0 Elegance Automatic 2000 Model BURGUNDY: 32-FL-PZ / Nissan Primera 2001 Tok At 1m / My Honda Civic Millenium Model Suddenly Stop While On Top Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. Nissan Primera Suddenly Refused To Start. by ceaser: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2010
It's a 1999 nissan primera 2.0 P11. Suddenly refused to start in the afternoon 3days ago after coming out from the bank. I had driven it there myself 40 minutes earlier and was working fine. At ignition, the fan rotates but the car just won't start. Put in a new battery 5 days ago. So I called in a technician. Tested the plugs - working fine. Tested the fuel pump and filter - both working fine. Battery is new as I just had it replaced 5 days ago. Now he says the problem is with the brain box and had to get it fixed. NATS (nissan anti-theft system) and keyfob central lock buttons had stopped working about 2yrs ago, but didn't bother fixing it although the security led light on the dashboard still blinks. I still use the original key so the problem of key transponder is out of the question - or at least I assume. The car is still parked at the bank as it is automatic. I'm not sure the brain box is the problem and goodness, was I so dejected when he mentioned brain box problem cos now he's been to Akure in search of a replacement but no luck. Please I need serious help from technicians or those with experience here.

NB, Please forgive me if I've posted this topic in the wrong section. I searched for an auto-tech section but didn't get one. Another thing is that the car had the problem in Ekiti, so the possibility of taking it to Lagos for repairs is slim unless of course I decide to import a technician from Lag. Thanks in anticipation of your great help.
Re: Help. Nissan Primera Suddenly Refused To Start. by andymoorey(m): 4:27pm On May 10, 2018
I have this same problem please, has there been any solution to it yet? Thanks all.

Andy
Re: Help. Nissan Primera Suddenly Refused To Start. by Fasco2luv: 6:14pm On May 10, 2018
Change the Ignition Coil.

Good luck.
Re: Help. Nissan Primera Suddenly Refused To Start. by soloehis(m): 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2020
andymoorey:
I have this same problem please, has there been any solution to it yet? Thanks all.

Andy
how did you solve yours? My friend is having same problem
Re: Help. Nissan Primera Suddenly Refused To Start. by soloehis(m): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
ceaser:
It's a 1999 nissan primera 2.0 P11. Suddenly refused to start in the afternoon 3days ago after coming out from the bank. I had driven it there myself 40 minutes earlier and was working fine. At ignition, the fan rotates but the car just won't start. Put in a new battery 5 days ago. So I called in a technician. Tested the plugs - working fine. Tested the fuel pump and filter - both working fine. Battery is new as I just had it replaced 5 days ago. Now he says the problem is with the brain box and had to get it fixed. NATS (nissan anti-theft system) and keyfob central lock buttons had stopped working about 2yrs ago, but didn't bother fixing it although the security led light on the dashboard still blinks. I still use the original key so the problem of key transponder is out of the question - or at least I assume. The car is still parked at the bank as it is automatic. I'm not sure the brain box is the problem and goodness, was I so dejected when he mentioned brain box problem cos now he's been to Akure in search of a replacement but no luck. Please I need serious help from technicians or those with experience here.

NB, Please forgive me if I've posted this topic in the wrong section. I searched for an auto-tech section but didn't get one. Another thing is that the car had the problem in Ekiti, so the possibility of taking it to Lagos for repairs is slim unless of course I decide to import a technician from Lag. Thanks in anticipation of your great help.
how did you resolve it? A friend has changed many things even reprogrammed his brainbox but the problem still persist

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! Very Clean Registered Toyota Carina-e ( Well Maintained ) - N600k / Clean Tokunbo C-200 Benz@900k (08096577304) / Hardly Used 08 Pilot, DVD, 1st Body, Leather, 3rd Row, 6 Loader, New Tyres #2.3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.