Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists (3958 Views)

Inspector General Of Police, Chief Of Defense Staff With Service Chiefs / Nigerian Journalists Struggle For Fried Chicken At Inec Office (Photo) / Dimeji Bankole Kicked Out Of Ogun Governorship Race 24hrs To Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On Jul 14, 2010
Aderupoko2:

If 1000yrs=1day,then 24hrs=1000yrs.
What Onovo means is that 24hrs is forever

Lol
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by chidichris(m): 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2010
if the kidnappers release the journalists for the sake of this empty threats, then onovo and his boys will need to explain their relationship with the kidnappers to all of us.
what happened since these guys have been at work and why is it now that these journalists are involved that onovo went to east?
if the kidnappers loose their lives, it will just end like bola ige matter.
make them go give the guys money and take their kidnapped ones.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by NaijaNaWaa: 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2010
Na shakara. Shakara oloje.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by sessy2(f): 9:42pm On Jul 14, 2010
Mr. Onovo we sidon dey look. sad
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by sessy2(f): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2010
Mr. onova can not read the signs, the era of military dictatoship is over not becos the rulling class wants it but becos the pipo wants their right by force.this is a clear warning to others dat no group of pipo permanately oppress another group of pipo forever.its just a mata of time you can give it to the pipo or the pipo will tk it by force. they are taking it by force and onovo is helpless and he should better realise that. lol sad
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2010
ONOVO IN ABA:, HE HAS TO BUILD PASSABLE ROADS BEFORE HE CAN GET TO HIS DESTINATION grin

ANYWAY, I WISH HIM GOOD LUCK J
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by volasunkan: 12:44am On Jul 15, 2010
chief onovo wey say ribadu no com nigeria even wen d whole world see ribadu for gani fawehinwi's corpse side na him wan catch kidnappers wey the world no see.shiorr

my ten pence,since this kidnapping business has becom lucrative,govt should impose tax on every ransome paid,its another way to diversify the economy!

lesson to be learnt is that if you dont train ur kids wen they are young,they will terrorise u in old age.Where did we get it wrong?
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by ladi02(m): 1:07am On Jul 15, 2010
[size=15pt]This is a very funny police chief! trying to use scaring tactics to free the Journalists

This is nothing but a trial and error,  unfortunately the Journalists are the guinea pigs for the govts new way of solving kidnapping hope it works out well for everyone[/size]
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by Abagworo(m): 1:14am On Jul 15, 2010
volasunkan:

chief onovo wey say ribadu no com nigeria even wen d whole world see ribadu for gani fawehinwi's corpse side na him wan catch kidnappers wey the world no see.shiorr

my ten pence,since this kidnapping business has becom lucrative,govt should impose tax on every ransome paid,its another way to diversify the economy!

lesson to be learnt is that if you dont train your kids wen they are young,they will terrorise u in old age.Where did we get it wrong?

ROTFLMFAO!!!!
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by oyebanji(m): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2010
This is the height of Police lack of tact and professionalism.

Why would U threaten kidnappers wheile they are still holding on to those high profile Journalists?

Only in Nigeria!!!
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by hassymo5(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2010
pls onovo dont play with this journalist life, you are giving kidnappers 24hrs to release their hostages, how on earth do you think that would work. pls onovo you dont have a say, the kidnappers have the final say. so your own is to obey or they will kill them.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2010
The 24 - hours deadline has elapsed amd yet,no news on the kidnappers.he should consult cia why they havent found osama bin laden since all these years.mumu IG
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by femionasan(m): 9:18am On Jul 15, 2010
What a threat. Those kidnappers will be laughing their butts off. Its not like the police cannot find these guys they just dont want to, how about getting a court order to all the GSM companies so that they can track these guys. I understand that even when a mobile phone is off it can still be traced so it just beats me that these guys just sit in their bullet proof cars and air conditioned offices and blow hot. They obviously dont know what they are doing in this govt. Look at the case of Minister of State for Finance, Minister for Information and Minister of Finance with regards to the Insolvency of NNPC (story for another thread). Its obviously a confused govt we have here.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by chelseabmw(m): 9:22am On Jul 15, 2010
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by bisiaet: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2010
Now that 24hrs has lapse so what else have you get to do now Mr Onovo? You are just chasing after shadow you know who are the people behind this nasty business why not go after them and show at least one of them his lifetime red card and see if others will not run away but instead everytime we hear in the news oh we are having information that some politicians are behind it, oh we will soon expose those behind, pls Onovo or what do you call yourself when will that soon come, is it till eternity? You are joking to be honest.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by oderemo(m): 9:53am On Jul 15, 2010
mr olofo sorry onovo, i bet if i point the location of the kidnappers for you, you will still do nuffing.
shed some of your excess weight maybe you will be fit to perform your policing duties.
you are a joke. big time. grin grin grin
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by ud4u: 10:22am On Jul 15, 2010
24 hours koo. Na todayee!!!! na your mounth; you fit talk anything. Who are the kidnappers and who are their sponsors. Abeg make we hear word jare.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 15, 2010
We all know Onovo and by extension the Nigerian leaders to be all talk and no action. Anyway as @ the time am replying the 24hrs has elapsed. So what will Onovo do? We know the answer, nothing.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by sirp2007: 11:24am On Jul 15, 2010
oga onovo 24hrs don reach oooohh hw far?abi police get their own way of calculating 24hrs.hope dem nefer kidnap u tongue
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by tellwisdom: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2010
hahahaha!! grin grin grin grin i just wont stop laffing, sitting at d balcony for today's news, cos 24hrs don elapse oo
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by oderemo(m): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2010
Facebook Influenced My U-turn On National Teams’ Ban — President

i can bet onvo will copy Jonathan in decision makinggrin grin grin
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by kobikwelu(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
were u guys taking the 24hrs crap by onovo serious?

all he was doing was just huffing an puffing,

sign of an overfed security chief, hope the nappers wont target his family
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by jamace(m): 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
That was a political talk by Onovo.

Somebody should advise Onovo to hide himself from the kidnappers because the size of Onovo's tommy will further escalate the anger and make the kidnappers to go on rampage for more VIP. grin grin.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by kobikwelu(m): 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^^^^^^

have you not heard that we are to submit lists of "possible" nominees for kidnappers?

so what are u waiting for

in my list, i dey no 54, tongue tongue tongue
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by Abagworo(m): 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2010
72 hrs later,no news.IG must be sweating profusely now.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by jamace(m): 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2010
have you not heard that we are to submit lists of "possible" nominees for kidnappers?

so what are u waiting for/

in my list, i dey no 54, tongue tongue tongue
No o. I don't agree with the above highlighted statement.

With your location and condition of living below, you should be number 2 on the list cheesy cheesy

nubia, being fed grapes by naked women in an all women island

For me o., the kidnappers will reject me even if I submit myself to them cheesy.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by kobikwelu(m): 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is it my fault that i was drugged and kidnapped to the island against my own will grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by johndavid1(m): 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2010
Abagworo:

72 hrs later,no news.IG must be sweating profusely now.
grin grin grin
kobikwelu:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is it my fault that i was drugged and kidnapped to the island against my own will grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by oderemo(m): 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2010
Save my job, police chief Onovo tells kinsmen

What next for kidnapped journalists?

That was the question Wednesday as the 24-hour police deadline for their release neared expiration
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by misterh(m): 10:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
Mr IGP, back up your words with action.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by Abagworo(m): 12:16am On Jul 16, 2010
There are rumours that criminals now raid banks on notice and go unchallenged. Do we assume hoodlums have overwhelmed security agencies in the State?

It is not correct that they strike and go unchallenged. It is not correct at all. Since I took over, we have recorded only two cases of bank robbery- the one that happened at Alaoji and another at Osisioma. At Alaoji, the attack on one of the banks only succeeded because it was inside the market. By the time police came with our Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC), they had gone far into the operation. By the time our APC came they had blocked the road with two trailers. The APC that came from PH road had to meander through the bush. Ordinarily, there is no way we could withstand them because they were using General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG). However, we were able to chase them out of that place. So, they do not go unchallenged.

The one at Osisioma, you know, took our men by surprise but they fought back gallantly. That is why the criminals did not succeed in catching the bullion van they were chasing. So, it is not true that we fold our arms and allow these boys to go Scott free. Since then, we have been on ground. We are bringing in more APCs because it will be suicidal to confront somebody with GPMG with a pistol or even AK47. You have say, 50 rounds of ammunition and the other man has about 2000 on his neck firing with reckless abandon. But people will not understand this. They will keep shouting that police are not doing anything but they will not be able to assist or enhance our capability.

What are your major constraints?

With the kind of arms these hoodlums are using, we need APCs.

How many?

As many as government can buy; whether state or Federal Government. For instance, we had to borrow APC from Benue and another from Port Harcourt before we were able to contain the situation. If government can provide more of these things the menace will be effectively controlled.

Second, you know we are now using helicopter to patrol the air waves. But we want more helicopters because if there are two helicopters the result will be amazing.
Re: Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists by CGKing(m): 5:47am On Jul 16, 2010
@ Police chief

Go monitor them from satellite now. Abi you don forget say you get the technology. Start testing it before 2011.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term / REVEALED: Nigeria Now Producing Armoured Vehicles / Breaking News: Tribunal Rules Out Petition Against Rivers Governor, Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.