Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

See Wat Oyinbo Classmates Did 4 Nigerian Who Was Meant 2 Be Deported 4rm Ireland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Wat Oyinbo Classmates Did 4 Nigerian Who Was Meant 2 Be Deported 4rm Ireland (588 Views)

See What A Nigerian Lawyer Did 4 A Prisoner That Has Got People Talking (photos / When Ogundipe Was Meant To Be President, Only Ojukwu Supported Him / South-East Governors To Nnamdi Kanu 'Attack Us And Be Deported Back To Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Wat Oyinbo Classmates Did 4 Nigerian Who Was Meant 2 Be Deported 4rm Ireland by zoba88: 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
See the unthinkable effort classmates put together to stop a Nigerian boy, his brother and mother from Ireland's deportation

A Nigerian Igbo boy who was to be deported from Ireland has been allowed to remain in the country after his classmates mounted a campaign against his deportation.

14-year-old Nonso Muojeke of Tullamore College in Ireland who alongside his brother Viktor Muojeke and his mother Chidiebere Muojeke who were to be deported, were granted leave to remain in Ireland.

Thanks to his fellow students and teachers who staged up an unthinkable campaign before the deportation was revoked.  This was achieved by a  21,000 signature-strong online campaign which was set up by his classmates at Tullamore College.

They also printed posters of Nonso and shared on social media including taking to the streets in Ireland to campagn against the deportation.

The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of the Department of Justice and Equality in a statement confirmed that Nonso Muojeke and his family will be allowed to remain in Ireland.

A statement from the Department of Justice said the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) had revoked the deportation order following “a detailed reconsideration of the family’s immigration case in light of court proceedings and the receipt of updated submissions from the family in September.

“The reconsideration was completed towards the end of last week with the relevant decision letters having been issued earlier this week.”

Nonso issued a statement on Wednesday evening following the announcement that he and his family had been granted leave to remain in Ireland.

“I would like to thank the Minister [for Justice] for the humane way in which he handled my case. I am very grateful to my friends, my school, the Tullamore community and everyone else who has supported me. I am really looking forward to my future here in Ireland.”

The teenager moved to Ireland with his mother and older brother after his father died in 2007. The family reportedly fled Nigeria because of the ill-treatment Mr. Muojeke’s mother had faced. However, their application for asylum was declined in 2009 and they were served with a deportation order.

Mr. Muojeke’s mother continued to engage with the State through solicitors but the family’s application for humanitarian leave to remain in 2017 was refused.

The family can now legally live and work in the country.

cc; Lalasticlala, mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/10/see-what-oyinbo-classmates-did-for.html

Re: See Wat Oyinbo Classmates Did 4 Nigerian Who Was Meant 2 Be Deported 4rm Ireland by sarrki(m): 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
Good Samaritan
Re: See Wat Oyinbo Classmates Did 4 Nigerian Who Was Meant 2 Be Deported 4rm Ireland by sarrki(m): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
Nonso don’t listen to ipob miscreants oooo

Be a good ambassador of your father land
Re: See Wat Oyinbo Classmates Did 4 Nigerian Who Was Meant 2 Be Deported 4rm Ireland by STARGREEN(m): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
May God Bless him more. Just imagine how far one can go to save someone from another country. Someday he will be a leader.
Re: See Wat Oyinbo Classmates Did 4 Nigerian Who Was Meant 2 Be Deported 4rm Ireland by STARGREEN(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
sarrki:

... find time an visit yaba left. Stress can affect health and reasoning
Re: See Wat Oyinbo Classmates Did 4 Nigerian Who Was Meant 2 Be Deported 4rm Ireland by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
sarrki:

Ever since Atiku became the president in waiting you behaving like Sanwo-olu that Ambode described grin
Re: See Wat Oyinbo Classmates Did 4 Nigerian Who Was Meant 2 Be Deported 4rm Ireland by Beremx(f): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Saw the story on facebook earlier. I am happy for them. Nigeria is a shithole country. They better remain in Ireland for now.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback; APC Has Failed Nigerians – Tinubu / He That’s Without Sin Should Cast The First Stone At Atiku —bode George / 2019: Buhari Will Lose In All The Six Geo-Political Zones -PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.