Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi (25384 Views)

Ali Modu-Sheriff Rallies Support For Tinubu-shettima APC Presidential Ticket / Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President / Ambode Fights Back, Moves To Neutralise Mandate Group, Rallies Abuja For Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Dinho20(m): 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
post=72083128:
SAI ATIKU we know.

Sai Atiku we want.

Talking about We sane ones tho........ Not CORRUPT souls and lovers of corruption.
YOU SAID IT ALL

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by kerry57: 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
Na now day break for ur eyes ekweremadu? U and those Yeye governors went into a destructive meeting of consultation that does not epp anybody. Atiku /Obi train is not ready to beg anybody cos it's extremely fast and selling itself, if u dull, u will be left behind.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Tareq1105: 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
Anambralstson:

Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, is rallying south-east leaders to back the choice of Peter Obi as the vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), TheCable understands.

Both men were top favourites considered by Atiku Abubakar as running mate in the 2019 presidential election, with Obi getting the nod.

However, south-east political leaders, comprising the zone’s PDP governors, national assembly caucus, board of trustee members and other party leaders, rose from a meeting on Saturday complaining that they were not consulted over the choice of Obi, a former governor of Anambra state.

An insider at the meeting said Ekweremadu asked aggrieved leaders to calm down and support the choice of Obi, who seems to have been better received outside the south-east than by his own constituency.

“Ekweremadu reminded us that the major task now is to get the PDP back to power and save the country from its downward spiral,” a party leader who attended the meeting told TheCable.

“He even joked that it wouldn’t matter if Atiku picked a northerner as his running mate, as long as it would get the repressive government of Buhari out of power.”

Although the meeting was convened with the agenda of rejecting Obi’s nomination, the south-east leaders were reportedly shocked by Ekweremadu’s position.

“You cannot weep more than the bereaved. We thought we were fighting for him, but he said we should allow Obi be. We were shocked by his sportsmanship,” the insider said.

The major anger of the leaders, according to insiders, was that Atiku did not ask for their input in making the choice.

Among those considered were Ekweremadu, Obi, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Osita Chidoka, and Austin Akobundu, a retired colonel and the national organsing secretary of the PDP.

Mustafa Chike-Obi, former MD of AMCON, did not make the final shortlist, contrary to a previous report by TheCable.

Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers state, was said to have backed Obi in order to spite south-east leaders for not supporting his candidate, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, for the presidential ticket.

The south-east reportedly voted en masse for Atiku at the PDP convention.

The south-east leaders preferred Ekweremadu because of his broad-based experience as a former council chairman, former secretary to the government of Enugu state, and two-term deputy senate president.

The geo-political zone’s leaders are expected to make their grievances known to Atiku at a meeting scheduled for the week.
https://www.thecable.ng/the-insider-ekweremadu-rallies-support-for-peter-obi#.W8NN106_q3U

Desperate people.

This is a different Atiku. Wait till he gets there, no paddy paddy for government
Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by gift2xl: 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
ALL I C IS VICTORY. CHASE THAT LIFELESS OUT. GET UR PVC READY NIGERIA IS OUR OWN. A LANDLORD CAN NOT LEAVE AS TENANT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Munzy14(m): 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
post=72083128:
SAI BABA we know.

Sai Baba we want.

Talking about We sane ones tho........ Not CORRUPT souls and lovers of corruption.
Time never reach, u have unleashed ur hate/calumny campaign. When time reach u will be MIA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Tobyarab(m): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
Either way, they will calm down and Atiku will proceed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
post=72083128:
SAI BABA we know.

Sai Baba we want.

Look the two pictures, ask yourself, who should lead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by chrisxxx(m): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
post=72083128:
SAI BABA we know.

Sai Baba we want.

Pls permit Atiku to corrupt our stomach with ngwo ngwo, ofe nsala, ofe aku etc.
Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by stonemasonn: 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
post=72083128:
SAI BABA we know.

Sai Baba we want.

A vote to PMB is a license to massacre defenseless farmers in Plateau, Benue, Taraba and Zamfara. GBAM.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by GentleMoney: 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
stonemasonn:
I prefer Chukuma Soludo.
Peter Obi is tribal like Anyim Pius Anyim.

Hmmm
Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by laffwitmi: 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
You have no Jagaban but you have that 419 Cownu that control your potopoto region.... Lagos is your london and america grin grin grin
Aieboocaar:

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
selfishness indeed cos Igbos are one
Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Omeokachie: 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
More bad news for BMCs.

They will ask for salary increase at this rate because it is becoming increasingly difficult keeping track of all the heartbreaking news coming to their camp cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by PHILipu1(m): 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
?

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Dinho20(m): 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
laffwitmi:
Atiku,the president of Nigeria grin grin grin
YOU SAID IT ALL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by laffwitmi: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
I prefer an idiot/ignorant man to a thief anyday, anytime. It's better my car is broken

than stolen...

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by IbrahimDamola: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
mokaflex:
Obviously the problem of the easterners is in the East. I’m thinking they would have preferred if Atiku picked Okorocha Rochas as running mate.

This news go pain your zombirudeeen skull np be small.

The divisionists are pained. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by zombieTRACKER: 5:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
chrisxxx:
I know the enemies of Ibos won't like this.
I will mention their enemies here.
There enemies are not the Hausas
Not even Fulani
Not even Islam
For sure you will think the Yorubas
I am sorry to disappoint you neither is it the Yoruba
Ibos are by themselves their enemies.
Mark this today, Obi would start to lose right from Iboland.

You can't read... I'm sure you were mopping at the thread

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by paramakina202: 5:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
chrisxxx:
Not even Fulani
Not even Islam

Obi will not lose anything,the whole of Igboland will support him.Calm down and watch.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by contigiency(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2018
Why wouldn't he do so, does he have a choice? He knows that he cannot reap where he did not sow. He worked for Saraki while obi worked for Atiku. so the natural thing was for Atiku to choose the person that believe in him, while he Ekweremadu will have to take heart for the choice he made which did not materialise.
Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Racoon(m): 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
SE just need to accept that Atikunation is a rescue mission.
Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by BestDude: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
Aieboocaar:

Cry Cry Baby!!! cry
[img]https://media1./images/4962c017825c913de6889f73bc3422ce/tenor.gif?itemid=539559[/img]
I understand you've been in severe pains since the emergence of Atiku

lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Aieboocaar(m): 5:18pm On Oct 14, 2018
laffwitmi:
You have no Jagaban but you have that 419 Cownu that control your potopoto region.... Lagos is your london and america grin grin grin

Baba Leave trash for LAWMA
Meanwhile, Have you taken your hydraulic syrup today?!! grin

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by udemzyudex(m): 5:18pm On Oct 14, 2018
I wonder how this politicians always feel like, you just have only one vote and probably your family vote too, and you think you have the right to be consulted first before anyone can take decision for a particular region.

Does it means that the citizens don't know what they want or because you're in a place of authority and so deem it fit to take decision on their behalf, BTW how did you get to that position?

Hmmm.
Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by timville(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
chrisxxx:
Not even Fulani
Not even Islam

All of you saying the Igbos are their own enemies should just stop already. All tribes, even immediate families have their differences. It is their ability to resolve their dispute amicably that shows how mature they are. Afterall, we all know how the Yorubas never liked OBJs emergence as president. As I type, the Calabaris in Rivers State from same APC don't want Tonye Cole as APC candidate, who is their own son. It happens everywhere.
You people should stop typing this thrash of Igbos being their own enemies. Must they agree all the time ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by awa(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
chrisxxx:
Not even Fulani
Not even Islam

Your write-ups show you know completely little about the Ibos. They are not generally structured to allow just one person to have his or her way rather they like to negotiate to agree.... That's why they normal appear to be divided but in reality I don't think they are divided. Ibos believe in Synergy and collective effort so don't feel worried when they feel betrayed by being sidelined.
All in all, Obi is their son and I am watching to see how it goes. The Deputy SP has continued to show leadership and igbotic mentality of igwebuike

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by laffwitmi: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ah e really pain this guy ooo shorry...but where is cownu grin grin grin
Aieboocaar:

Baba Leave trash for LAWMA
Meanwhile, Have you taken your hydraulic syrup today?!! grin

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by nku5: 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ekweremadu is a wise man. He knows the backlash against Umahi, Obiano and the clowns is heating up grin
Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by hisgrace090: 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Osagyefo98:
Lolzzzzzzz

We keep winning....... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Umahi has failed full-time

Shame on him.

I withdraw the respect I have for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Smile4daddy(m): 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Random fact: there's no one who won an election to become the president of Nigeria without wining Lagos and/or Kano.

I can bet MY Fortune that the APC are going to win Kano and Lagos. grin

Ekweremadu+Atikulooted+Peter+Obi

They Will Lose Together! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by Dinho20(m): 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
post=72083182:

Thanks man!

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT TO BE ATIKU ABUBAKAR

1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi by mabea: 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2018
junkiesneverdie:
Na So! If Atiku& Peter Obi wins this election igbos will never Cry of Marginalization again..
Does one cry for no cause?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Saves Buhari’s Proposal From Senate rejection / Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) / Reps Fault N145 Fuel Pump Price, Accuses PPPRA Of Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.