Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President (32039 Views)

Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms / Adesina: Atiku Was Part Of Nigeria's Rot, He Lacks Right To Criticise Buhari / Nigerians Suggest Akin Adesina Should Run For President After Pics With Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by fergie001: 6:04pm On May 28, 2020
Former Vice-President and PDP 2019 Presidential flag bearer, Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President, Adesina.

In 2015, after 50 years of AfDB with Nigeria being its largest shareholder, I travelled around Africa at the instance of @MBuhari to lobby African Heads of States to support Dr @akin_adesina. Even now, we should all stand up and support Dr Adesina, Africa and @AfDB_Group. -AA

https://twitter.com/atiku/status/1266020935167066112?s=19

16 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by Racoon(m): 6:10pm On May 28, 2020
Good! OBJ, Atiku, Aruma Oteh.Let the support keep coming but keeping in view no blemish on the side of Adeshina.All for one, one for all.

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by ghettokid1(m): 6:12pm On May 28, 2020
Oh Africa my Continent When will you get your independence from the western world?

25 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by fergie001: 6:13pm On May 28, 2020
Racoon:
Good! OBJ, Atiku, Aruma Oteh.Let the support keep coming but keeping in view no blemish on the side of Adeshina.All for one, one for all.

SUPPORTED

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by ghettokid1(m): 6:17pm On May 28, 2020
fergie001:

S
Stop booking space or i ban you for 2 months

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by Iamgrey5(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
I think Adesina's problem was trying.to make AFDB an independent institution.

The French and Americans have always done their best to prevent Nigerians from leading any major African institutions because they fear Nigerians would try to make the institutions Afro centeric rather than it being the instrument of Western domination of Africa.

The $3bn bond was the beginning of his end.

https://www.afdb.org/en/news-and-events/press-releases/african-development-bank-launches-record-breaking-3-billion-fight-covid-19-social-bond-34982

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
Has he been declared innocent

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by BillymcJean: 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
I could remember when this man was appointed, I also celebrated it's appointment. Now what can I do ,than pray for him. But if he's guilty; OYO Lo wa .... If not ; God is your strength man cool

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by emkz: 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
Great.

Let Buhari also contact Donald Trump directly and call this independent probe off. Let him also write to the African Union and African leaders for all of them to jointly endorse Adesina. We need to exert our influence in Africa and our institutions. If the USA wins in ousting Akinwumi, that would be a big blow on African geopolitics.

Akinwunmi's offence is that he expedited loan requests for African countries which the World Bank President claims increased the debt portfolio of those countries. Akinwumi's style weakened the creditor power of the World Bank and IMF (where the United States is the majority shareholder). The plan is to get Akinwumi to step aside and the investigation won't be concluded before the election date and a stooge of the United States is installed there to do their bidding.

Now if the US doesn't get her way, they may impose sanctions on the bank (for flimsy reasons). They are protecting their interests. Therefore, after this, African leaders need to buy out the United States and review her partnership in African institutions.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by ValCon888: 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
My question is:
What is the concern of the US, a North American country with the African Development Bank?

One stands to reason they have ulterior motives to push out Adesina at all costs.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by allthingsgood: 6:18pm On May 28, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by LukasPodolski: 6:19pm On May 28, 2020
Adeshina where is our cassava bread?

Adeshina, Goodluck, Diezani and Okonjo iweala will never go unpunished.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by 1stola: 6:19pm On May 28, 2020
smiley
Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by BafanaBafana: 6:19pm On May 28, 2020
Atiku still wants to run for president no doubt.

To the matter at hand, the allegations against this man are weighty. While we should stand up against interference from foreigners, it is wrong to support someone just because he is your compatriot or kinsman even when he fvcked up.
As it is, Africa is not mature enough to conduct a probe in their own matters. Is it not the same Africa that a "big man" can only be sent to jail if the government in power is against him?
A call for an independent probe is in order. If he is innocent of allegations leveled against him, he has absolutely nothing to fear. It is howeve a big shame for the country if the allegations are true.

I don talk my own

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by Kobicove(m): 6:19pm On May 28, 2020
Everyone wants to use this to score a political point undecided

1 Like

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by Scatterscatter(m): 6:19pm On May 28, 2020
Nigerians need to unite to always defend and support ours (provided the person is on the right side of the law). I hope we'll be able to learn from this event and continue in this vein going forward. Enough of the petty politics and tribalism, we need to unite & grow up if we want to be respected internationally

Kudos to Obj
Kudos to Atiku
Kudos to Zainab Ahmed.

PS: someone should please forward the Adesina probe story to Buhari's whatsapp, I don't think he has seen the news.

8 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:19pm On May 28, 2020
While the gworo chewing and burukutu sipping cow heder is not doing anything to support Adeshina.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by Worldlighttt247(m): 6:19pm On May 28, 2020
Very good of him....

Please check my signature for all kinds of all art and art painting works all at affordable price pls!
Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by fairheart(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2020
Corrupt men supporting corrupt men! Simple.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by IME1: 6:20pm On May 28, 2020
In my humble opinion, to SHAME the US and their Treasury Dept let the man face the "Independent" inquiry and come out exonerated AGAIN

all these calls for support is like saying he has something to hide that it should not be revealed because he's a bright and brilliant Nigerian

US may feel vindicated if the man is not investigated again as they would say he has something to hide.

I'm told that a clean conscience fears no accusations

2 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by Thisis2raw(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2020
Our suppose president

1 Like

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by overseer1(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2020
Why?
Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by fergie001: 6:20pm On May 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I think Adesina's problem was trying.to make AFDB an independent institution.

The French and Americans have always done their best to prevent Nigerians from leading any major institution because they fear Nigeria would try to make the institution Afro centeric rather than it being the instrument of Western domination of Africa.
We have brains......they want dummies.

3 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by id911(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2020
African leaders should stand firm with Adesina. Even though I know a lot of them are puppets who are being remote-controlled by the West especially the Francophone countries. Unfortunately too, South Africa and Egypt might support the US position and if that happens, Adesina is gone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by OKTolu: 6:20pm On May 28, 2020
It seems this guy has won so many peoples heart most especially Nigerian politicians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by demolinka(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2020
But deep down, we we know say Adesina (or any other Nigerian) no fit dey there as head make naija carry last.

All we know.
Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by BlackArab(m): 6:21pm On May 28, 2020
A great move.
Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by anwarajnr: 6:21pm On May 28, 2020
Good move.
Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by IceLip: 6:21pm On May 28, 2020
Let's always allow justice take its rightful course
Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by tomiwakeem: 6:22pm On May 28, 2020
I hope it is not those who have put him in trouble that are fighting for him.
From obasanjo to atiku
Nigerians are corrupt
No smoke without fire

4 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President by unitysheart(m): 6:22pm On May 28, 2020
What if he is truly guilty of the allegations?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Ambode, Mimiko At RCCG 64th Convention / Corruption: NNPC, First Bank Reacts To Seizure Of $153.3m Diezani Money.. / Nnamdi Kanu Hires Chukwuma Machukwu Umeh As His New Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.