Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,054 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says (756 Views)

Fani-kayode Says Nigeria Owes Atiku Debt Of Gratitude, Gives Reason / Amotekun: Femi Fani-Kayode Says 'Go Ahead And Arrest Us, We Will Never Stop' / Jimi Agbaje Has Not Left PDP, It Is "Rumor" - PDP, Fani Kayode Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by Ecstasy154(m): 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
Femi Fani-Kayode has said he would not feel the adverse impact of the travel ban imposed on some Nigerians by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The ban was announced on Sunday, amidst raging controversy over whether the president has the powers to issue such order. The administration did not say it procured court order before implementing the ban.

The government said 50 politically exposed persons were affected by the ban, but did not name them.
Mr Fani-Kayode, a former aviation minister and strong critic of the Buhari administration, said the ban would not affect him because he has not been outside the country for the past 10 years, but pities only those who have medical challenges to treat abroad.

“I have not left Nigeria since 2008 because my passport has been with the EFCC and the courts for the last 10 years and they have refused to give it to me and allow me to travel,” Mr Fani-Kayode said in an email statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES. “Those on the travel-ban list that need to travel abroad for medical attention or to see their loved ones are the ones I feel sorry for.”

The former minister, who left office in 2007 after serving President Olusegun Obasanjo in several capacities, has spent the last decade fighting corruption charges brought by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. He was discharged and acquitted on the initial set of corruption charges in 2015, after several years of litigation.

The EFCC, however, filed new charges of graft against him, bordering largely on claims that he mismanaged campaign finance funds during the failed reelection bid of President Goodluck Jonathan. He dismissed the charges as a vindictive ploy to silence him for his fierce stance against Mr Buhari’s government, a claim the administration denied.

More importantly, Mr Fani-Kayode said he remained indifferent to the travel ban because he has to remain in Nigeria to help liberate the citizens from Mr Buhari’s ruthless and divisive government.

“For me, travel ban or no travel ban, I have no intention of leaving Nigeria anytime soon because I am one of those that will be on the forefront in the struggle to liberate our country and ensure that we get Buhari out of power in the next few months,” he said. “By God’s grace in February we will flush him and his incompetent, fascistic, mendacious, divisive, corrupt, abusive, vicious and genocidal government down the toilet and send them back to hell where they belong.”

Garba Shehu, a presidential spokesperson, announced imposition of the ban on Saturday, saying it followed a court ruling affirming the constitutionality of an executive order the president issued in July. But while the presiding judge, Ijeoma Ojukwu, validated the core principles of the executive order — preventing suspicious assets from being eroded — she warned the administration against implementing it without a court order.

The move has been widely criticised by opposition and non-partisan groups alike, with all of them charging that the president’s action could pose a grim danger to fundamental rights of citizens.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/290356-travel-ban-im-not-bothered-fani-kayode-says.html

Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by Helpfromabove1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
Hmm is it true 10 yrs shocked grin

Maybe EFCC should keep all the travel documents of all these polithieftian, there could be hope for our nation ,they will start investing the stolen money in Nigeria eg: medical because they can't run abroad, education for their children sake e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by fallout87: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
Na wah...

They can hold a persons passport for 10 years even though they can't prove him guilty of crimes??

Nigeria I hail thee.

If they held Buhari passport he would have died on 2016 in one of the bad Nigerian hospital he has budget trillions of naira yet no upgrades.
Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by Dannyset(m): 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
No, you for bother na whether immigration no go use you do training. grin
Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by AnyoneButAtiku: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2018
Cry me a river, Atikulooter Fani-Kayode.

Anyone who has been following the news knows that neither you nor Fayose has been able to travel Westwards for several years now, due to your earlier antecedents of Atikulooting.

Presidential Executive Order No. 6 has merely provided you with another outlet to vent! Whereas what is closer to the truth is; we are talking about a surplus to requirements in your case. Have you not long being declared a 'personan no grata' by saner countries, as a result of money laundering activities? . grin grin grin

Stopping #AtikulooterCONtinua - the task that must be done.
Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by Evablizin(f): 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:
Cry me a river, Atikulooter Fani-Kayode.

Anyone who has been following the news knows that neither you nor Fayose has been able to travel Westwards for several years now, due to your earlier antecedents of Atikulooting.

Presidential Executive Order No. 6 has merely provided you with another outlet to vent! Whereas what is closer to the truth is; we are talking about a surplus to requirements in your case. Have you no long being declared a 'personan no grata' by saner countries, due to money laundering activities? . grin grin grin

Stopping #AtikulooterCONtinua - the task that must be done.
What are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by AnyoneButAtiku: 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
Evablizin:
What are you saying?

Come on, you need an IQ higher than a single digit... angry

1 Like

Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by IamD18: 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2018
Evablizin:
What are you saying?
Long time my darling feminist wink

Kedu?
Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by Roger3D(m): 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
fallout87:
Na wah...

They can hold a persons passport for 10 years even though they can't prove him guilty of crimes??

Nigeria I hail thee.

If they held Buhari passport he would have died on 2016 in one of the bad Nigerian hospital he has budget trillions of naira yet no upgrades.

What do they want to go and do overseas? As long as the cases are before the courts, the discretion to hold or release the passports is at the discretion of the judge and not the government
Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by Evablizin(f): 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
IamD18:
Kedu?
grin,I'm good dear and you?
Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by Ganzagangan: 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
IamD18:

Kedu?

No wonder! I knew there was some defect some where.
Most feminists are aggrieved, either at there inability to be womanly, or their rejection by the manly also some have low self-esteem and moral issues that need to be masked as a voluntary moral police over the man and woman relationship status quo.
Also they are usually bitter..
Ironically you find them championing causes of women and children in the guise of splitting families and spiting men because they can't have same.

Lowly lot
Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by IamD18: 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
Evablizin:
grin,I'm good dear and you?
I'm fine and doing well. Trust you are having a nice day? kiss

Cared to know how you are faring. Make sure you take care of yourself for me because I'll soon be coming with my kinsmen. tongue

Have a nice day,Eva. kiss
Re: Travel Ban: I’m Not Bothered, Fani-kayode Says by Evablizin(f): 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2018
IamD18:
I'm fine and doing well. Trust you are having a nice day? kiss

Cared to know how you are faring. Make sure you take care of yourself for me because I'll soon be coming with my kinsmen. tongue

Have a nice day,Eva. kiss
Lol. No problem ,have a nice day too. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

2019: PDP Attacks President Buhari For Commissioning P/H Airport Terminal / New Nairaland Discovery / Warri Port Channel Dredging To Be Completed In 2 Months — NPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.