Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury (4602 Views)

Cadbury Nigeria Plc - Financial Statements / Cadbury Plc, Akintola William And Union Registrar Hammered By Sec / Cadbury Account Overstatement Scandal: Bunmi Oni Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury by tundysho(m): 9:20am On Apr 07, 2007
hey guys

What do you think of the recent scam in Cadbury.Dont you think it will affect the confidence of potential investors in the capital market.i WAS a former employee of the ill-fated company,and also a share holder.Befor i left the company i always tell my colleageus that someting was realy wrong with the company,and true to my words,some months later the news was out that they have been cooking up figures.Thumbs down to PRICEWATES that awarded the THE MOST RESPECTED COMPANY to this company.they didnt do their home wORk well b4 awarding THAT prestigious title to such a dubious company.i knew the way BUNMI ONI was squadering the fortunes of the company by sevral means.poor we share holders of such companny.Thank God i didnt invest so much in the company.BUNMI ONI has been someone i had respected so much even before i entered the company but he has dragged his name in the mud.He has tarnished his image for ever.to worsen matter he had not even spoken to the press since the indictment,its so bad.he should be handed over to the EFCC for committing such crime and playing with the fortunes of the share holders for such a long time
Re: Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury by Tmoni(m): 10:24am On Apr 07, 2007
on what grounds did u leave cadbury?

ceremonious ?
Re: Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury by tundysho(m): 10:28am On Apr 07, 2007
i got another job else where.any reason for asking,tmoni
Re: Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury by Tmoni(m): 10:44am On Apr 07, 2007
ok, the words used were a lil wee strong,

PS- nice post on the oceanic bank shares, i am going to make a kill on it

but i feel they will not give all that we want to buy like dangote did to us.

1st bank-- nt sure,

nice one on the new job
Re: Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury by tundysho(m): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2007
agreed the words were strong but it is the fact these people are supposed to be careful in making decisions cos it will not only affect the staff but severak other share holders.have you gotten your dangote share certificate?how many did you apply for and how many did you get?i
Re: Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury by Tmoni(m): 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2007
i do not know if i have got my share certificates, but i know i have dangote stock grin

i applied for 100,000 units and was given 80,000 units of dangote

thinking of buying the same for oceanic bank or more

whats your take, ?

i might also buy in the floor so as to take advatage of the capital appreciation immediately,
Re: Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury by tundysho(m): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2007
how did you get to know the number of units you were allotted.remember the shares is on technical suspension you may not be able to buy oceanic on the floor.i can bet you these banks will never return your funds to you they will take in all the funds.if you can why not but as much as you can i can bet you will be allotted all you apply for
Re: Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury by oshkosh(m): 6:09pm On Apr 07, 2007
Fortunately, I got allotted 100,000 units of DSR and had 500K returned. I intend to apply for approx 300,000 units of Oceanic, but have serious concerns that this again will be seriously over-subscribed. I've been trying for days to buy 100,000 units from the secondary market, but can't even buy 100 as Oceanic is currently on very high bid.

@tundysho, what makes you think there will be full allottement to everyone,  I'm not too sure about Oceanic, it's a truely popular offer, although the shareholders association recently mandated the board to absorbed all oversubscription, I doubt it'll happen. This is one offer (somewhat similar to DSR) that I'll subscribe to as much as i possibly can.
Re: Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury by tundysho(m): 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2007
it will definately happen they will mop up all the funds available,i can guarantee you that.its very rare for you to see banks refunding to shareholders due to oversubscription
Re: Bunmi Oni Killed Cadbury by Tmoni(m): 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2007
then i will go for as much as i can afford,
might break the bank on oceanic

(1) (Reply)

mini importation is still very profitable, let me show u how... / MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. Get All These Latest Tools For Almost Free Now / Modern 4bedroom Duplex Arc Design With Flat Roof..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.