Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency (27199 Views)

Northerners Will Never Give Up Presidency - Shehu Sani Reveals Reason To South / Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Yahaya Bello, El-Rufai On US Visa Ban List - Sahara R. / TRAVEL BAN: Dasuki, Badeh, Daniel, Amosu, Yuguda, 45 Others Top Travel Ban List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by midolian(m): 6:14am On Oct 15, 2018
The Presidency has denied issuing a list of Nigerians affected by a travel ban as it also clarified that the Executive Order No. 6 is not a political weapon against opposition but part of revolutionary efforts to rid Nigeria of corruption.

Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity issued the clarification today after a national newspaper published a list containing 50 names of people cutting across the two main political parties and the military establishment.

“I want to confirm to you that we have not issued any list and we are not doing so”, the presidential aide said.

“These cases are well known and to say this or that name is on it will open the door to further accusations, including trial by media.

“The Immìgration Service and other security agencies have the mandate of the President to carry out enforcement and they will do so giving due respects to individual rights, in line with the constitution,’’he said.

The presidential aide was reacting to a trail of criticisms over the implementation of the EO6 by the federal government.

Shehu dismissed the insinuation in some quarters that the activation of the EO 6 was targeted at some individuals or politicians in the country.

“EO 6 is not only revolutionary to the efforts to rid Nigeria of corruption but a manifestation of systemic changes that are required to make necessary adjustments as we carry on with the war against corruption.

“The very essence of the order is to make for speedy trials and conclusion of graft cases.

“The order is not politics and there is no political gain behind its activation.

“These high profile cases we are talking about have been ongoing for between seven to 10 years with no end in sight. These cases were mostly originated by administrations other than this one.

“What is clear is that the access to these resources by the suspects has enabled them to be in a composition to sometime compromise investigation, prosecution and trial.’’

He further explained that, in most of the cases, the courts were held in a helpless position by legal acrobatics paid for from corrupt enrichment by the suspects.

He, therefore, expressed the hope that the new measures put in place would compel everyone involved to make for a speedy conclusion of these cases.

“If it is your money, you have it back. If it belongs to the public, it goes back to the treasury,’’ he said.

Shehu added that the question of the constitutionality of the restriction order had been answered by the fact that “a court of the land has given government a clean sheet.’’

“The Executive Order is legal and constitutional and therefore implementable.

“One of the cardinal objectives of the government under our constitution is to fight corruption. Fighting corruption is a responsibility and obligation upon the government,’’ he further maintained.

http://www.nta.ng/news/security-news/20181015-no-travel-ban-list-presidency/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:16am On Oct 15, 2018
Where did they get the ones in circulation on social media? Any which way Buhari till 2023 by God Grace.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by sorom4: 6:20am On Oct 15, 2018
You say President Buhari is not doing well and you want him out, but instead of voting for Buhari to leave you say you will vote for someone who won't win thereby making Buhari coast faster to easy victory.

What kind of sense is that one?
Kuku say you want Buhari to stay and stop the drama.
Don't even say you are voting for your conscience because your PVC is not a ticket to heaven nor to the Moralists Intellectuals Olympics.

Your PVC is only for electing people!
Nobody counts Protests votes in any election! Be honest and real and stop hawking your naivety.

I have OBIdiently ATIKUlated

206 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by midolian(m): 6:20am On Oct 15, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
Where did they get the ones in circulation on social media?
Our useless bloggers that report based on mere hearsays..Or the misguided folks..or the jittery politicians..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by vedaxcool(m): 6:21am On Oct 15, 2018
I suspected when named started flying around that the agents of minsformation are doing overtime. Such lists are usually not published but enforced in real time.

2 Likes

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Onlinealaba(m): 6:27am On Oct 15, 2018
You know with recent happenings, you can't trust the FG on this.. this govt can channel their energy in denying and branding so not new..anyway the ATIKULATION movement is sweeping down south west, much brighter days ahead. tell your neighbor confidently 'I am ATIKULATED' wink

check my siggy, get your electronics at flat rate on payment on delivery option, BUY4ME services available too

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:28am On Oct 15, 2018
These high profile cases we are talking about have been ongoing for between seven to 10 years with no end in sight. These cases were mostly originated by administrations other than this one.

More of the reason Baba need to tackle all these rogues, no matter the party they are with more action and stop being a gentleman.
They are all out to destroy this nation.
But, When the lawmakers are even as guilty as charged, and refused to pass necessary bill into law.....what can even be done?!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Bossontop(m): 6:28am On Oct 15, 2018
undecided
Of course dem go deny am wen pipu shout na....... if like nobody talk now the list for don start dey take effect
#Nonsense

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by LordofNaija: 6:28am On Oct 15, 2018
grin That's none of my business. Please I need your assistance on this forum. Which park can I board a bus to Daura. Please I am not traveling, I'm asking for a close friend

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Iruobean(m): 6:28am On Oct 15, 2018
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by sorom4: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2018
They will always be looking for excuses to hide their undemocratic principles.

Some of those suggesting folks vote Oby Ezekwesili, Donald Duke... are testing a sneaky way of helping their choice, Mohammed Buhari ride to easy victory. Some even pretend to mount a moral or intellectual high ground, announcing that they are "disappointed in Nigerians who want a thief" like Atiku as president, these folks who can't recognise the dissonance in such an argument coming from someone who supports Buhari!

Any vote, be it a protest or moral-absolution vote that goes to any candidate that is not from a party with an equal financial clout and popularity as Buhari's is a vote for Mohammadu Buhari; a vote that endorses the murders in Jos, Agatu (Benue), Adamawa, Nassarawa, Kaduna, Nimbo(Enugu) and anywhere else where bandits, Fulani cowherds men or whatever those roving murderers are called roamed unfettered while President Buhari and VP Osibanjo kept playing identity semantics. It is a vote against Leah Sharibu; a vote that sanctions pain and suffering; a vote that identifies the voter as an evil person who endorses the pains Nigerians endure since Buhari. You can give it whatever interpretation, but this is the truth.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Aufbauh(m): 6:29am On Oct 15, 2018
Wailers spreading fake news since 1520 to whip public sentiments but the Buhari led government is focus and determined.

3 Likes

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
I will still vote buhari.

I believe in buhari

Nice meeting you Prince of Nigeria, A.K.A Correct man,
come and stand beside us here..... wink

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2018
I will still vote buhari.

I believe in buhari

15 Likes

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by doublewisdom: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2018
They have denied as usual.

35 Likes

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Mmlanrehh(m): 6:30am On Oct 15, 2018
Why are this ppl like this na. Shey Dem born Dem with chin chin for head ni.

11 Likes

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by arantess: 6:30am On Oct 15, 2018
I just dey laugh

1 Like

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Kenekingisback: 6:30am On Oct 15, 2018
After reporting the ban on two dead fellas shocked

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by aminho(m): 6:30am On Oct 15, 2018
We know oo
Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Franzinni: 6:30am On Oct 15, 2018
Alfa lie Mohammed must have had a hand in it!!!

Hell will literally freeze over when buhari and APC accept to be truthful and transparent....

They are a bunch of window dressers

I too have decided to gather a list of the top 50 Nairaland zombies... I can see them at work in this thread and the port harcourt airport (bus station) thread.. Omo Nairaland is infested with BMC

Election is here.... They are trying to do what the couldn't in 3 and half years in months.... Talk about desperate!!!!

23 Likes

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Bloomstarbms: 6:31am On Oct 15, 2018
More errors.
Even it wasn't compiled by your government, you people should have screen the viability of the information in it.

Dont tell me you people did copy and paste? This country is becoming a joke.

6 Likes

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 15, 2018
nn
Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by backnbeta(f): 6:31am On Oct 15, 2018
grin
Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by fratermathy(m): 6:32am On Oct 15, 2018
It must have come from the party leaders then.
Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by id4sho(m): 6:32am On Oct 15, 2018
lifeless government, denying everything upandan since time immemorial. mtchewwwwww.
In another News, so PMB has released that dead Man.

#BACKTODAURA

15 Likes

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by onuebonyi: 6:32am On Oct 15, 2018
This administration is so useless. They can deny even their shadow.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by ekestic1976(f): 6:32am On Oct 15, 2018
midolian:
Our useless bloggers that report based on mere hearsays..Or the misguided folks..or the jittery politicians..

Or the benighted and hate-filled IPOBians. Waiting to see who shall vote for their candidate when the zoned presidency comes to them. Abi na the people wey dem de abuse for Nairaland na im go vote for them?
Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by ifymadu: 6:32am On Oct 15, 2018
APC and lies, they are so shameless. Na wa o

13 Likes

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by BestDude: 6:32am On Oct 15, 2018
midolian:

so punch, guardian and their likes are useless bloggers? May your children be a tool in the hands of politicians as you have been as well.

13 Likes

Re: Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 15, 2018
I've Atikulated already the rest can Dauralize

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Orji Kalu’s Orderly Shoots Man During Campaign Rally Arochukwu, Abia / "Wanted To Be A Music Entertainer But I Entertain Boko Haram With Guns" -soldier / Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.