Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,443 members, 7,861,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

Akapson’s Killing: I-G Orders Detention Of Suspected Policemen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Akapson’s Killing: I-G Orders Detention Of Suspected Policemen (411 Views)

Suspected Policemen Assault A Man In Delta, Inflict Injuries On His Head With Gu / Sugar’s Killing: I Am Innocent, Oyo Lawmaker Tells Police / Unknown Group Of Suspected Terrorists And Armed Men Spotted In Sokoto State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akapson’s Killing: I-G Orders Detention Of Suspected Policemen by lawalosky(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
The Inspector-General of Police (I-G), Mr Ibrahim Idris, has ordered the detention of policemen allegedly involved in the death of Miss Anita Akapson in Abuja on Saturday.

Idris also ordered immediate investigation of the incident in which the deceased was allegedly shot dead by a policeman, who later claimed that it was a “mistaken identity’’.

The deceased, believed to be a staff member of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), was allegedly killed close to her residence in Maitama, Abuja, by the police during an argument.

The number of policemen involved in the incident has not been established and police authorities have remained silent on it.

A statement by the Police Spokesman, acting DCP Jimoh Moshood, on Monday in Abuja, the I-G directed the Commissioner of Police in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to commence the investigation.

Idris commiserated with the family of the deceased and assured that justice would be done in the matter.

“The Commissioner of Police, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Command is already in touch with the family.

“The public will be informed of the outcome of investigations into the incident,“ the statement said.

A similar incident occurred in July when a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Miss Angela Igwetu, was shot dead by a police officer in Abuja while on her way home with her friends..
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/akapsons-killing-i-g-orders-detention-of-suspected-policemen/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Akapson’s Killing: I-G Orders Detention Of Suspected Policemen by GistmoreNG: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
cool
Re: Akapson’s Killing: I-G Orders Detention Of Suspected Policemen by losky83: 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2018
lawalosky:
The Inspector-General of Police (I-G), Mr Ibrahim Idris, has ordered the detention of policemen allegedly involved in the death of Miss Anita Akapson in Abuja on Saturday.

Idris also ordered immediate investigation of the incident in which the deceased was allegedly shot dead by a policeman, who later claimed that it was a “mistaken identity’’.

The deceased, believed to be a staff member of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), was allegedly killed close to her residence in Maitama, Abuja, by the police during an argument.

The number of policemen involved in the incident has not been established and police authorities have remained silent on it.

A statement by the Police Spokesman, acting DCP Jimoh Moshood, on Monday in Abuja, the I-G directed the Commissioner of Police in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to commence the investigation.

Idris commiserated with the family of the deceased and assured that justice would be done in the matter.

“The Commissioner of Police, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Command is already in touch with the family.

“The public will be informed of the outcome of investigations into the incident,“ the statement said.

A similar incident occurred in July when a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Miss Angela Igwetu, was shot dead by a police officer in Abuja while on her way home with her friends..

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/akapsons-killing-i-g-orders-detention-of-suspected-policemen/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
which investigation again?they have used their usual parable"mistaken identity",meaning"we killed the innocent person intentionally".they shot an unarmed lady at close range.even if she was whatever or whoever they thought she was,what happened to the international police language"don't move or I shoot", "raise ur hands up", or the historical one " if u move I move u".none of these was used for Anita.they shot straight at her.

(1) (Reply)

33-year-old Man Jailed For Digging Graves, Re-selling Coffins To Funeral Parlour / Man, 37, Arresting For Raping Lady, 26 / Nigerian Lady Calls Out Man Who Offered Her Money To Get Him Female Panties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.