Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,611 members, 7,958,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:52 AM

2019: My Question Concerning Atiku/peter Obi's Intended Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: My Question Concerning Atiku/peter Obi's Intended Governance (503 Views)

How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) / Reno Omokri Endorses Atiku & Peter Obi For President 2023 / Aftermath Of Atiku & Peter Obi's Campaign In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: My Question Concerning Atiku/peter Obi's Intended Governance by chocolateme(f): 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
It is no longer news that Atiku emerged as the presidential candidate for 2019 elections under the opposition party (PDP) primaries and he picked the Anambra State former Governor as his running mate.
There are campaign promises that he stated and people are supporting and believing in him to do better if he emerges the the winner in 2019 in the presidential elections. These are the the current occurrences for now but amidst all these, I still have a question tugging my heart and I wish there is a direct answer for it. Just a clarification..
Having been in a vice President's position before, having been involved in politics for years and still in the corridors of power and politics and knowing what the challenges of this country is I believe he understands the challenges because there is a great different between KNOWING ((just being aware ) and UNDERSTANDING (feeling it) WHAT EXACTLY CAN HE DO FOR THIS COUNTRY AND ITS MASSES THAT WILL BE DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF THE CURRENT AND THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATIONS?
-The roads will always be bad (see Anambra/Enugu express way)
- Electricity will always be poor
- school facilities for kids very poor
-pipe borne water for the masses
- Health sector
Security sector
ETC
So many complaints from the masses which happens to be the same over the decades..
Please I want to know how they can make a difference and what they intend to do in order for even that family that is somewhere in one rural village without electricity that is in one local government that is in one state in Nigeria can benefit directly from the impact of their intended governance.
How can the tools they set in motion and places in hierarchies be able to deliver to the least on the chain without us only watching their achievements and services only on TV, radio, papers, or Internet?
I used the instance of the rural stuff to drive my message home in relation to people out there noticing the government of everyday like the workers, unemployed graduated even the ones that didn't go to higher institutions that can offer services to the country, the civil servants etc.
I will be glad to get the answers to these questions.
Thanks.
Re: 2019: My Question Concerning Atiku/peter Obi's Intended Governance by Greatzeus(m): 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
My own is that let the candidates do their campaign,let the electorates do the voting,let the voting be fair. No need carrying politicians matter on your head like your lives depend on it. Look at Fayose now, vehement PDP member,but now he is even thinking of dumping the party.
Stop cursing other tribes cos of their choice,we can never see or move the same way. Stop cursing the President also,there is nothing bad now that isn't there before he got to power. Nigerians have been complaining about the prices of goods and the economy forever. Go out vote your conscience,don't hate me if my choice doesn't align with yours (eg we know some people are pained are loosing 2015 election and turned Yoruba and Hausas to their enemies). You don't need it,it's not APC vs PDP,it's Nigeria vs Politicians,don't ever forget.
They are one to me.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: My Question Concerning Atiku/peter Obi's Intended Governance by crunchyg: 12:18am On Oct 17, 2018
chocolateme:

It is no longer news that Atiku emerged as the presidential candidate for 2019 elections under the opposition party (PDP) primaries and he picked the Anambra State former Governor as his running mate.
There are campaign promises that he stated and people are supporting and believing in him to do better if he emerges the the winner in 2019 in the presidential elections. These are the the current occurrences for now but amidst all these, I still have a question tugging my heart and I wish there is a direct answer for it. Just a clarification..
Having been in a vice President's position before, having been involved in politics for years and still in the corridors of power and politics and knowing what the challenges of this country is I believe he understands the challenges because there is a great different between KNOWING ((just being aware ) and UNDERSTANDING (feeling it) WHAT EXACTLY CAN HE DO FOR THIS COUNTRY AND ITS MASSES THAT WILL BE DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF THE CURRENT AND THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATIONS?
- Health sector
Security sector
ETC
So many complaints from the masses which happens to be the same over the decades..
Please I want to know how they can make a difference and what they intend to do in order for even that family that is somewhere in one rural village without electricity that is in one local government that is in one state in Nigeria can benefit directly from the impact of their intended governance.
How can the tools they set in motion and places in hierarchies be able to deliver to the least on the chain without us only watching their achievements and services only on TV, radio, papers, or Internet?
I used the instance of the rural stuff to drive my message home in relation to people out there noticing the government of everyday like the workers, unemployed graduated even the ones that didn't go to higher institutions that can offer services to the country, the civil servants etc.
Thanks.

This your open teeth Don kill me finish

1 Like

Re: 2019: My Question Concerning Atiku/peter Obi's Intended Governance by blujoi(m): 12:45am On Oct 17, 2018
These are the conversations we should be having. Not if Atiku stole the whole customs revenue or how many houses or companies he has. Since PDP has elected him their flagbearer, its time to start asking these very important questions. I also know that officially they are not allowed to campaign just yet, but we should be ready with these important questions when campaigning starts. I would like to hear what each candidate is going to do about the power situation and policing, subsidy payments and our refineries.

chocolateme:

- Health sector
Security sector
ETC
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 2019: My Question Concerning Atiku/peter Obi's Intended Governance by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 17, 2018
chocolateme:

- Health sector
Security sector
ETC
Thanks.

We will still vote for them nonetheless

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Busted Again / Young Man Stabs Colleague To Death At A Bar Over Bottle Of Beer. Photos / Check out Buhari And Atiku CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.