Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' (19644 Views)

Nigerians React To APC Disqualification Of Adebayo Shittu / Nigerians React To Adebayo Shittu's NYSC Skipping Scandal / Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by ebusnwaoma: 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
Nigeria's Minister of Communications, Adebayo Shittu, who was screened out of the APC governorship primaries in Oyo state last month for not having the mandatory NYSC certificate, has sued the National Youth Service Commission, NYSC, claiming he was never invited for service after he graduated from the Obafemi Awolowo University OAU in 1978.

Adebayo Shittu who filed the suit marked FHC/IB/CS/111/2018 before the Federal High Court in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, through his lawyer, Mr Olalekan Ojo (SAN), asked the court to declare that NYSC had waived his obligation to observe the one-year compulsory service by allegedly failing to serve him with a call-up letter in 1979 after he finished from the Nigerian Law School.

Also in the lawsuit which has the Director General of the NYSC, the Oyo State Coordinator, NYSC; the NYSC and the Attorney General of the Federation as defendants, the Minister of Communications urged the court to order NYSC to issue to him a Certificate of National Service since he “having served the nation as member of the Oyo State House of Assembly immediately after graduating from the Nigerian Law School or alternatively, asked the court to order the NYSC to issue to him an Exemption Certificate since he had served as a lawmaker in Oyo State.

While no date has been fixed for the hearing of the suit, Adebayo Shittu who read Law at the University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University, and graduated in 1978, is relying on Section 2(1) of the National Youth Service Corps Act, 1973 and also blaming his failure to serve on NYSC.

https://lailasnews.com/communications-minister-adebayo-shittu-sues-nysc-says-he-wasnt-invited-for-service/

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by Bholutife18(f): 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
So.... This is what he would resort to... He wasn't invited? Is it wedding party?

250 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by clarocuzioo(m): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
Foolish man, how many corpers were invited, even those that finished schooling abroad, came down to Nigeria and served their fatherland, this clown should be arrested and jailed, but of course, he is in the "saint's" party.
To think these are the bunch of clowns Buhari spent six mo ths appointing, yet we wonder why we are where we are today.

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
grin Clown NYSC does not invite anybody, you have to invite yourself!!
Imagine a minister that took Buhari six months to appoint. This man is a huge disgrace to the law profession.
Tufiakwa

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by LibertyRep: 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2018
Why won't Shittu have the gut to sue everyone when his employer is still feigning ignorance of the entire case.

Shittu shouldn't have survived a week as a Minister after being screened out by the party. It was a huge indictment.

24 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by KingsCity: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2018
so
Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by Greyworld: 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2018
Somebody that should have resigned and be negotiating how to return salary he did not merit is sueing NYSC?

This is Preposterous. Oga were you invited to Oyo house of Assembly?

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by Racoon(m): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
The stupidity of this Adebayo Shittu have no part-2.So it was NYSC fault that he didnt get himself mobilized for the scheme but he have time to go seeking elective office immediately after school?

15 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by JailBreaker(m): 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
interesting

Free Scholarship In Canada - University Of Ottawa Fullfunded Undergraduate And Postgraduate International Student Scholarship

Apply Now: http://studydegreehq..com/2018/09/university-ottawa-experience-scholarships.html
Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by precious1967(m): 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by justice212: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Wait for my grand father to call you.

8 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by mycar: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
You definitely weren't qualified
I don't think NYSC goes about issuing every dikk and harry it sees on the Street NYSC callup letter.
He should save himself further embarrassment.
Everything under Buhari is awkward.

12 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by ORACLE1975(m): 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
So baba no help u ni........ grin grin grin grin

Please NYSC call him to come and serve is father land

Not to old for service.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by 2019elections: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
Lol. Well, I no blame am. BMCs will still defend his stupidity

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
Lol
Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by Corrinthians(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
Mr Shittu, show some sense of shame and remorse for a change. Haba! sad

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by AdonaiAluminium: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
Govt of corruption and scandals

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems, insulated roofing sheets and panels, roof maintenance services etc
Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by GentleMoney: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by Racoon(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
grin grin Stupid clown calling himself a lawyer.

9 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by darkelf: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
This man is an unserious clown and a square peg in a round hole.

Chai

8 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by divinehand2003(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
Old man with a dumb excuse

6 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by NotBeenPaid: 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2018

It's only in Nigeria where adults claims to be wise but in a foolish way!

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by Melison(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
So none of our politicians go through NYSC abi I smh for naija matter

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by symbianDON(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
it's not too late to be invited na. since he is looking for invitation, let nysc invite him now so he can serve in the next batch. clown.

11 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by gameova(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
@

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
The struggle for power is real.

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by BruncleZuma: 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by zombieTRACKER: 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Remember to also sue yourself...

Corruption galore everywhere

5 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by olril17(m): 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
zombies will soon come and defend him.. sarrki food is ready ooo

7 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by Blue3k2: 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Lol why is Buhari waiting on him to resign. Just fire and prosecute him already. His foolishness is too much.

5 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Sues NYSC, Says ''I Wasn’t Invited' by jconsulting(f): 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
This man has been drinking something we don't know, he is high of fermented goat meat

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kidnaps 50 Loggers In Borno / Stop Acting As Wike’s Aide, APC Tells Makinde / Enugu Governor-Elect, Peter Mbah Thanks Enugu Residents For Voting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.