Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC (14288 Views)

Zakari Mijinyawa Confirms Escape Of Nadeem Anjarwalla, Binance Executive / Don’t Succumb To Blackmail, MURIC Tells Pantami / Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by BeautifulMind2: 4:56am On Oct 16, 2018
October 15, 2018

Press Statement

PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) charges the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Yakubu Mahmood, not to succumb to pressure by the Presidency, to return Mrs. Amina Zakari as Director of Operations.

The PDP also charges INEC not to change its statute-backed stand on the exclusion of Zamfara state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) from presenting candidates in the 2019 general elections, following its failure to conduct congresses.

The PDP cautioned that Nigerians are already aware of the pressure from the Buhari Presidency to return Amina Zakari, a blood relation of President Muhammadu Buhari, as Director Operation, so that they can use her to manipulate the electoral processes and rig the election for President Buhari.

While the PDP notes the redeployment of Amina Zakari to another directorate, the party nevertheless, reaffirms its position that her continuous stay in the commission constitutes a threat to free, fair and credible 2019 general elections, given her relationship with President Buhari, who is a major contender in the election.

Amina Zakari’s removal as Director of Operations has been hailed by majority of Nigerians, a fact, which shows that voters had already lost confidence in her integrity to hold such a sensitive position, for which they prefer her outright removal from the commission.

Furthermore, Nigerians are also already abreast of the provisions of the law leading to the exclusion of Zamfara state APC chapter from presenting candidates for the elections and we caution INEC against any contemplations to change the rules for the APC.

The case of Amina Zakari and that of Zamfara APC constitute another direct integrity test for Prof. Yakubu on his capacity, integrity and readiness for free, fair and credible general elections in 2019.
The PDP therefore charges Prof. Yakubu to ensure that he remains on the side of the people and take urgent steps to weed the commission of compromised officials, as Nigerians will accept nothing short of a transparent process in their quest for a replacement for the reckless, vindictive, incompetent and anti-people Buhari-led APC administration.

Signed:

Kola Ologbondiyan
National Publicity Secretary

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by MallamJackson(m): 5:20am On Oct 16, 2018
INEC knows fully well that Nigerians are keeping tabs on THESE ISSUES

We are watching quite sternly the law must be upheld as anything short of this will further enmesh in the heart of the citizens the credibility of the upcoming nation-wide polls.

mun 'dauko tabarma

mun yi bisimillah

mun zauna

Mun sa ido.

#Back2DauraIAPtoject

To ATICULATE is to REGULATE before it's TOO-LATE

Daura dai baba!!

Daura dai!!

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Onlinealaba(m): 5:30am On Oct 16, 2018
any funny attempt by INEC to change their stance on the issue will not be welcome with glove hand

check my siggy, Get your electronics and toks SMART TVs at flat rate(payment on delivery), BUY4ME services available too

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by nzeobi(m): 5:31am On Oct 16, 2018
amina zakari the hatchet woman but I will advice you to be careful because nothing lasts forever.
I wouldn't know how you will feel being moved from one investigative agency to another when buhari leaves government.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by jchioma: 6:17am On Oct 16, 2018
It's high time we see the "I" in INEC.
All eyes on you!
Do anyhow and you will see anyhow.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by IamAtikulate: 8:15am On Oct 16, 2018
INEC are aware that Nigerians have got Atikulate eyes on them

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by AutoSpaNg: 9:19am On Oct 16, 2018
This is the age of empires

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Greenarrow01(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2018
what i dont understand is that why will saraki be contesting for senate president... kwankwaso be contesting for senate president while no single primary election was held for them
I dont understand this double standards
Did the APC guys in zamfara paid for the nomination forms there.. the party has a right to forward consensus candidates or choose candidates without inec interference..
El rufai was choosen as sole candiate to kaduna election... ganduje also..
I really dont understand why zamfara case is different... the party can still forward names to inec on 18th

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by oshe111(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2018
It is OBIvious that INEC is Bias but we must ATIKUlate

5 Likes

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Ayoswit(f): 9:22am On Oct 16, 2018
K
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by meolaniyi(m): 9:25am On Oct 16, 2018
PDP is actuaplly ready to take over the government.
They are so Aticulated in all they are doing. No crises anywhere.
They are following INEC bumper to bumper

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by gamaliel9: 9:25am On Oct 16, 2018
PDP is hitting target as opposition party...way to go...EAGLE EYE PDP

7 Likes

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Zeebabybh: 9:31am On Oct 16, 2018
Ok
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by internetservice: 9:31am On Oct 16, 2018
wink Nigeria my country... good people great nation

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by rxmusa(m): 9:33am On Oct 16, 2018
INEC should work independently according to their mandate.

Still this won't affect President Muhammadu Buhari's vote there

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:35am On Oct 16, 2018
The Real INEC is Amina Zakari....

She owns the whole INEC in her Hands....!

That's what Nepotism does..!

Buhari for Daura 2019....anyway anyhow...!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by 1009ja: 9:38am On Oct 16, 2018
The fight against corruption is for the soul of Nigeria.
Corruption denominates all ills that are holding us down as a country.
Imagine what Nigeria could do with the billions of dollars our politicians and
the military men before them carted away from our country's treasury.
Buhari has corrupt politicians around him. No doubt. It could have been worse
if Goodluck Jonathan was allowed to supervise his naked torching of our future. Regimes of
IBB, Abacha, Abdusalam Abubakar, Obasanjo, Jonathan, would all be training days
compared to the main super league of corruption that Atiku would unleash on Nigeria.
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by chrisxxx(m): 9:40am On Oct 16, 2018
Greenarrow01:
what i dont understand is that why will saraki be contesting for senate president... kwankwaso be contesting for senate president while no single primary election was held for them
Did the APC guys in zamfara paid for the nomination forms there.. the party has a right to forward consensus candidates or choose candidates without inec interference..
I really dont understand why zamfara case is different... the party can still forward names to inec on 18th
I am not versed in this but I know a little and I intend to share with you due to the limited knowledge you have on how this works. A party could send any name before the D-day. After then they can apply for replacement. That was what Saraki and others did. They had other people's name in proxy and after the primaries the party applied for replacement.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:41am On Oct 16, 2018
meolaniyi:
PDP is actuaplly ready to take over the government.
They are so Aticulated in all they are doing. No crises anywhere.
They are following INEC bumper to bumper

They followed in in Ekiti, and later osun but we all saw the outcome. The more you look the less you see. Sai baba

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Chriswazo(m): 9:41am On Oct 16, 2018
Greenarrow01:

What you don't understand is clearly bigger than what you understand, first find out what is the issue with Zamfara APC, the sitting governor is against his party policies and plans, so was able to resist the party election from holding there, INEC knows what they are doing. They have d facts

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by favour32(m): 9:47am On Oct 16, 2018
Avoid MOVINGBET like a PLAGUE! Those behind the vitual name MOVINGBET are SCAMMERS! This WARNING is 100% true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by adaweezy(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Olodo go and read

2 Likes

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by rekeson: 10:08am On Oct 16, 2018
This sudden display of independence by INEC should be taken with a pinch of salt.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Carlyscales: 10:22am On Oct 16, 2018
Greenarrow01:

If an elected candidate in d primaries ( by consensus, direct or indirect primaries) decides to withdraw from the race, the party reserves the right to replace such with either another candidate in d primaries or consensus candidate.

So most times the candidates connives with the party to use some one to hold d ticket for them. So they can fall back n pick up d tickets later.

So they are besically exploiting loopholes in d electoral acts to roll.

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by vedaxcool(m): 10:23am On Oct 16, 2018
grin PDP failed in government and have failed yet again as an opposition party. Failure is in them.

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Splasshhh(f): 11:00am On Oct 16, 2018
shocked
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Slurity(m): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2018
Things like this has never happened before to PDP because inec will smell themselves from the PDP yeye impostors. This government is still the best ever

(1) (2) (Reply)

From Guber to Senate, SDP to PDP, Natasha Akpoti Ambition Worries Kogites / Stop Python Dance III Now – Ohanaeze / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.