Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,118 members, 7,856,478 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:31 PM

Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani (21449 Views)

Another Fulani Massacre In Ayilamo, Benue (Graphic Pictures) / 2023: Atiku, Tinubu Threat To Igbo Presidency – Chekwas Okorie / "4 More Years!" - Reps, Senators Hail Buhari As He Presents 2019 Budget (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 16, 2018
NonsoWow:
I am Igbo and many of us share this thought.

Even igbos in psychiatric hospitals do not share this thought wit u.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by forgiveness: 11:46am On Oct 16, 2018
CilicMarin:
By Yinka Ajayi National Chairman of the United Progressive Party, UPP, Chief Chekwas Okorie, in this interview, outlines why the South-East and South-West should back President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election and speed up power shift to the South among other national issues.

Nigeria is still a work in progress but it’s unfortunate that we are in election mood. While those in government are busy convincing Nigerians that they have done    

On President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption war Nobody can take that from them because they were able to fight the anti-corruption war headlong.

But for some to call the anti-corruption war of this administration a selective fight is illogical. Because the issue of fraud and corruption does not expire. It’s a matter that lasts over time. And a government that is serious has to start from somewhere. If it’s one sided, who will they arrest, is it other innocent Nigerians or Chekwas Okorie who had never gone near government resources or treasury?

And some particular Nigerians had access to the treasury for 16 good years. If they start from there and another government comes to power, they can continue from there. I always remind those that say anti-corruption war is one-sided of an Igbo proverb that says: A River can only drown somebody whose feet it has seen. If you did not go near the river, how can it drown you? Are they saying if they stole and the other people stole, it should be cancelled? It’s only a corrupt man that will say that. They are not even ashamed that they had 16 years to rule and they messed the whole country up. They laid the foundation for recession.

Before I sound like the ruling party spokesperson, everybody knows that they had a higher source of revenue, by the time this government came, we had less than 7billion dollars in foreign reserve now we are talking about 42 to 46 billion in our foreign reserves.

Despite the situation we have found ourselves, there have been indications of prudence in resource management.

Nobody who will say agriculture has not received the kind of boost we are beginning to experience more certain growth and genuine infrastructural development.

The Buhari’s administration attitude not to cancel contracts approved by the previous government because his government didn’t award them, and encouraging contractors to go back to site is unprecedented.

We are now beginning to look at railway as a source of transportation; Agriculture has a quantum leap in development and is affecting Urban-Rural migration positively.

So things may not be automatic but things are looking up. For us in UPP, we decided not to field a presidential candidate so that we can use this period to consolidate and build a solid structure for 2023.     So for me, the Buhari administration is good to go for second term because there is nothing in PDP that Nigerians are missing that will make me want them to come back. I can live with another four years of Buhari but may not be able to endure another eight years of PDP.

The reason is the person running under PDP moral baggage is known, his pasts are known and we know what they did with the opportunity they had when they were in power for 16 years. So a Leopard does not change its spots. The saying that the devil you know is better than the angels you don’t know is true.

In a situation where there are two devils, you can choose the better devil. To Nigerians that are ethnic minded, they are faced with two Fulani, the APC Fulani and the PDP Fulani. It is left for you to choose your own Fulani.

For me, Buhari has an uncompleted job and the way he is going is a path of progress.

It is for Nigerians to decide what they want but I personally will prefer another four years of Buhari before power shift to the South-West or South-East, than another eight years of another Fulani with the same spot and if you add it to the previous nightmare of the PDP it will be too much for Nigerians to bear.      

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/2019-i-prefer-four-more-years-of-buhari-than-eight-years-of-another-fulani-chekwas-okorie/

Exactly what I said. I will rather endure another 4 years under Buhari than spend a whole 8 years under Atiku PDP. Gbam. Sai Buhari! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by tunary(m): 11:48am On Oct 16, 2018
How are you sure atiku will not contest and will 2023 if he fails 2019
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Zimmermann(m): 11:48am On Oct 16, 2018
IF WE FAIL TO PUSH BUHARI IN 2019, IT MAY NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!! ANY BODY WHO THINKS LEAVING BUHARI FOR ANOTHER 4YRS EXPEDITES SHIFT OF POWER TO THE SOUTH IS A FOOL!
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by petchi: 11:48am On Oct 16, 2018
vedaxcool:

grin grin
Another slave talking.
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by BruncleZuma: 11:49am On Oct 16, 2018
Them no go ever talk straight now, it's IPOB hahahahahaha, face your stroke little minions.

Before Buhari knew politics Atiku was there, from NPN to SDP to to PDP to AC to APC.

Underestimate him at your own peril.

I don't not support any of them, but having seen the colossal error that was an untested power hungry tyrant; I'd say give the best person a chance.

Converting folks you disagree with politically to an Iboman is the lowest of low, una no get anything to hold onto and it's so pathetic.
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2018
your ignorance has no Limit Atiku is not a Fulani man
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Zimmermann(m): 11:50am On Oct 16, 2018
IF WE FAIL TO PUSH OUT BUHARI IN 2019, IT MAY NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!! ANY BODY WHO THINKS LEAVING BUHARI FOR ANOTHER 4YRS EXPEDITES SHIFT OF POWER TO THE SOUTH IN 2023 IS A FOOL!
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by morisnewrain(m): 11:50am On Oct 16, 2018
IamAtikulate:
1 Igbo man out of the 8 million registered voters in the SE. BTW, we don't do UPP in the east.
Buhari was the head of state while Atiku was a customs controller of a terminal port. Atiku worked under Buhari. Buhari can't be stoop so low, another fallacy picture.

1 Like

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Kennydoc(m): 11:50am On Oct 16, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

And the fulani herdsmen are not fulani like Atiku abi? The wisdom of a kanu worshiper turned Atiku almajiri cheesy
Atiku is not a bigoted Fulani. He has an Igbo and a Yoruba wife. He understands southerners better. Yar'Adua was a Fulani, yet he unified all parts of Nigeria.
Atiku is a nationalistic Fulani compared to the bigoted Fulani in power. He's more suited to lead a multi-ethnic nation like Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by SaintLucia: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2018
I laugh when Segun Atiku spokesman was telling Nigerians that Atiku wasn't investigated in America because of corruption but rather because of his name and the September 11 attack. Is Mr Segun telling us also that Atiku sponsor terrorist even when it is obvious that the man Atiku cannot visit America because he is wanted there.

Keyamo was asking him to tell Nigerians why our national assets were sold and shared among the PDP cronies. What happen to the likes of Societe Bank, Nitel, Nipost, Dunlop foam, Michelin etc. Many
industries left Nigeria during their era.

The biggest hill Atiku will climb is how to convince the north to vote an Iyamurin who called me slave, cow, Fulani herdsman killer. By the time the election go hotter, it will resolve to the north/Yoruba versus the Iyamurin. We will see how their votes will make him president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by BruncleZuma: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2018
morisnewrain:
Buhari was the head of state while Atiku was a customs controller of a terminal port. Atiku worked under Buhari. Buhari can't be stoop so low, another fallacy picture.

And after head of state what became of him?
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by forgiveness: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

You are not from east, even if you are, you belong to 5% group, that voted for him in 2015, Chewas Okoli has no political value in Southeast, I know his house at Independence Layout Enugu, when he contested for president his driver named Smart voted against him, he didn't even get up to 10 votes, when we are playing ball in his street, we don't notice his presence when ever his drive by.

That ten votes can do something. Ask Adeleke. grin

1 Like

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by forgiveness: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2018
Kennydoc:

Atiku is not a bigoted Fulani. He has an Igbo and a Yoruba wife. He understands southerners better. Yar'Adua was a Fulani, yet he unified all parts of Nigeria.
Atiku is a nationalistic Fulani compared to the bigoted Fulani in power. He's more suited to lead a multi-ethnic nation like Nigeria.

Fulani dada ni. Sai Buhari! grin

1 Like

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by gift2xl: 11:53am On Oct 16, 2018
JUST TRYING TO BE RECOGNIZED. WEED TALK. FOLKS THEY USE FIGHTING CORRUPTION TO CHANNEL OUR VIEW OFF THEM, Y DE GO BEHIND TO CARRYOUT CORRUPTION PROPER. ANY GOVERNMENT THAT PLACE CORRUPTION AS THERE MAJOR HMM WATCH THEY ARE CORRUPTION THEMSELVES THEY'VE COME TO STEAL, KILL & DESTROY.
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Malawian(m): 11:55am On Oct 16, 2018
kodded:
and you think that Buhari will relinquish power after that 4 years ? undecided

I have been saying this. If Buhari wins again, he will amend the constitution and be life president, then the Fulani herdsmen will have their colonies and all. All these stupid southerners doing a job for Buhari for a pitance, know this...

Igbo people when pushed to the wall can start and sustain a war, hope your poeple can also do same. The soul of this country is at stake.
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by morisnewrain(m): 11:55am On Oct 16, 2018
Rilwayne001:

8million registered voters, how many collected PVC? Probably, 2million. Lol. Besides I thought the east was all about Biafra or nothing? Is this want Nnamdi Kanu and his zombie supporters wanted?

@the attached picture, I don't see any reason why Buhari will ever show respect to Atiku in that manner. Probably he was just about sitting down back or was about getting up. Buhari is older than him don't forget.
Not only being older but once a boss to Atiku. Has Buhari such respect to OBJ talkless of Atiku. Buhari was the head of state when Atiku was Tincan island terminal controller. Buhari can't stoop low

1 Like

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 16, 2018
The man is Chekoroawusa.
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by bareal(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2018
For me I prefer Buhari to continue, not because Bubu has done well in fact he's a waste..... But, I can't stand another Fulani for another 8 years no no not at all. Make dis one just do and go jeje.

1 Like

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by oweman: 11:58am On Oct 16, 2018
No matter what Buhari is completing his 8 years in office by then Many more of the corrupts would be in prison Nigeria would hopefully by then be a clean country for all to leave in

2 Likes

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Kennydoc(m): 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
forgiveness:

Fulani dada ni. Sai Buhari! grin
One honest truth Southerners like me must tell ourselves is that Fulanis will keep ruling Nigeria at least every 8 years. They are the political leaders of the North and are far better positioned to rule in the North than Hausas. So whenever power returns to the North, chances are high that it will be a Fulani man that will take over.
The main issue is having a Fulani man who is developmental minded and who will brings all parts of Nigeria together, rather than one who thinks he's a president of the North.
Atiku remains a better choice to move Nigeria forward compared to Buhari. He understands what it means to successfully run businesses. He can easily grow the economy, compared to one man that has never built or run any successful business in his life. He was given a thriving economy and he crashed it, yet wants to be elected again. God forbid!!!

1 Like

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by husbandsnatcha(f): 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Dem never born am well not to relinquish. Then you will see the mother of all wars. Nigeria will simply break into two.

#istandwithbuharitill2023
coming frm an afonja hide ursef in shame! common coward! wat wl u do if it happens if nt sit inside danfo n be shouting aaar aaar aaar!!! after u go eat amala n fvck ur craw craw wife!
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by SimonMagau: 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
tongue
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by So101: 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
IamAtikulate:
1 Igbo man out of the 8 million registered voters in the SE. BTW, we don't do UPP in the east.
that 1 Igbo man speaks plenty sense.. see my brother it’s fulani fulani.. igbos are suppose to get presidency in 2023 but come 2023(if pdp wins 2019), they will tell you an Igbo man is Vice President already, let Atiku continue and so the circle will go on and you all will be screaming marginalization! do not miss this chance oh don’t settle for vice when you can have president! A vote for Buhari brings us closer to the dream of having an Igbo President!

1 Like

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by san316(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Fool, He was obviously climbing up to meet them.

1 Like

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Princedapace(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
Earthbound:

In a situation where there are two devils, you can choose the better devil. To Nigerians that are ethnic minded, they are faced with two Fulani, the APC Fulani and the PDP Fulani. It is left for you to choose your own Fulani.

This is exactly what I have been saying. The Fulani are expert herdsmen. Their biggest achievement so far is herding the southerners.

Rye southerners have refused to work together.. Bro, I can tell that if south west, south east, south south and middle belt team up, fulani can't stop these zones.. It is annoying that these regions are blessed with human resources but have failed to take their place.

The zones are simply after partnering with fulani to rule nigeria.. Shame..

No matter what bro, we shouldn't av helped fulani to remove Jonathan.. It was a stupid mistake.. Southerners will have to hustle for more years to get that position again..

And as for south west, they really think after Buhari, the fulani will surrender power to them.. No, those fulani believe strictly on born to rule..

They were part of GEJ leadership issues.. While GEJ workers took advantage of the Boko Haram wahala to loot the country.

1 Like

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by AdonaiAluminium: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
That is one of Buhari"s moles and agents in the South east.

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems, insulated roofing sheets and panels, roof maintenance services etc
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Neyomickey1: 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
everybody knows that they had a higher source of revenue, by the time this government came, we had less than 7billion dollars in foreign reserve now we are talking about 42 to 46 billion in our foreign reserves.

Despite the situation we have found ourselves, there have been indications of prudence in resource management. “

Nobody who will say agriculture has not received the kind of boost we are beginning to experience more certain growth and genuine infrastructural development.

The Buhari’s administration attitude not to cancel contracts approved by the previous government because his government didn’t award them, and encouraging contractors to go back to site is unprecedented.

Can anybody refute the above ☝�assertion, if not, I will stick with Buhari, though he is not the best option but comparing to his main opponent, I won’t deceive myself.

2 Likes

Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by So101: 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
Omeokachie:
See as BMCs will applaud a man that is clearly making ethnic divisive comments, just because it will benefit the incompetent tyrant to continue in his destruction of the country.

Some of us are patriots, and we do not care if "Fulani" rules for another 8yrs as long as we can rescue this country from further destruction by Buhari and his incompetent crew.

Another 4yrs of this locusts, and it might just take us 50yrs to recover!

Atikulate!
im sorry but you sound brainwashed..
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by husbandsnatcha(f): 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
Okoroawusa:
I am Igbo too n am right behind u
Ndi uchu! sarrki nw answer nonso
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by techstack: 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
SoME word
Re: Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani by Bar1941(m): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Just 8 million and unna de make noise like this, 3 LG for Lag alone don cover unna.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ndume Arrives National Assembly "Senate President/ Speaker Election" / Shiites Protest: President Buhari Holds Security Meeting / Godwin Maduka Celebrates His 61st Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.