Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

10 Reasons Why GMO Foods Is Bad For Your Health - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Reasons Why GMO Foods Is Bad For Your Health (4113 Views)

10,000 GMO Mosquitoes Released In Djibouti To Fight Malaria / Cooking Marijuana With Foods. Is It Healthy? / Is The Sugar In Fruits Good Or Bad For Your Health? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why GMO Foods Is Bad For Your Health by orbgoblin: 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
adioolayi:
How will developed Nations of the world with massive population achieve food security without GMO foods Until Nigeria embraces GMO, we can't achieve food security.
well said!!! if GMO was embraced in Africa, we wouldn't have so many people fleeing to Europe on inflatable rafts and there wouldn't be so many boko haram recruits.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GMO Foods Is Bad For Your Health by Gerrard59(m): 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
adioolayi:
How will developed Nations of the world with massive population achieve food security without GMO foods Until Nigeria embraces GMO, we can't achieve food security.

Thank you. Don't mind the ignoramuses.

Mumu people.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GMO Foods Is Bad For Your Health by mikaelzX(m): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
adioolayi:

As a nation we don't have the logistic that will support even distribution of what the local farmers currently produce. Do you know the number of days it takes a farmer at a village in Benue state to transport a basket of tomatoes down to Lagos For the lucky farmer that is successful in transporting the tomatoes, do you know the percentage of the tomatoes that are useless, perished Wasted efforts at the end of the day.
Why not embrace a technology that will solve this problem
Do you mean GMO's don't perish? And isn't that a huge cause for concern? The GMO seed manufacturing and patenting by Monsanto is just unethical, maybe someday, someone will offer us a new kind of oxygen for breathing and claim spurious gains compared to the natural air we breathe. I learned these GMO companies have sponsored agents in the country, trying to lobby government and the people. I hope you aren't one of their agents.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GMO Foods Is Bad For Your Health by mikaelzX(m): 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
orbgoblin:

well said!!! if GMO was embraced in Africa, we wouldn't have so many people fleeing to Europe on inflatable rafts and there wouldn't be so many boko haram recruits.
lies, your claims are cunning and deceitful.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GMO Foods Is Bad For Your Health by adioolayi(m): 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
mikaelzX:
Do you mean GMO's don't perish? And isn't that a huge cause for concern? The GMO seed manufacturing and patenting by Monsanto is just unethical, maybe someday, someone will offer us a new kind of oxygen for breathing and claim spurious gains compared to the natural air we breathe. I learned these GMO companies have sponsored agents in the country, trying to lobby government and the people. I hope you aren't one of their agents.
grin
I am not sponsored agent of any GMO company. Just to share with you, I got my second degree in Food and Industrial Microbiology... so, I am defending GMO foods as a scientist..knowing that they are safe.
I have never said GMO foods do not perish, only that they have better shelf life, they have been engineered to withstand some rigorous deteriorating conditions.
As an undergraduate, I was in a biotechnology class, and my lecturer actually said some bias towards GMO foods are purely religion based...e.g, a Muslim fearing a gene from a pork is not introduced into a corn seedling...because his faith forbids him from eating pork. I hope you are not part of those group with such sentiments
Re: 10 Reasons Why GMO Foods Is Bad For Your Health by mikaelzX(m): 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
adioolayi:

grin
I am not sponsored agent of any GMO company. Just to share with you, I got my second degree in Food and Industrial Microbiology... so, I am defending GMO foods as a scientist..knowing that they are safe.
I have never said GMO foods do not perish, only that they have better shelf life, they have been engineered to withstand some rigorous deteriorating conditions.
As an undergraduate, I was in a biotechnology class, and my lecturer actually said some bias towards GMO foods are purely religion based...e.g, a Muslim fearing a gene from a pork is not introduced into a corn seedling...because his faith forbids him from eating pork. I hope you are not part of those group with such sentiments
Okay sir, you have valid reasons but you don't know much about the long term negative effects on human cells, DNA, etc. My main fear of GMO foods is not religious but the unnatural interference with food and the resulting threats to long term public health. GMO's have been linked with cancer in humans.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GMO Foods Is Bad For Your Health by iyefemi7(m): 10:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
here you find the best realities of your dreams.. visit the link...www.wirecellar.com/4LOJ and get a chance to win 150MB from us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wisdom Tooth Problems / Eye Test: How Many Faces Do You See / Get The Best Selling Skin Glow Kit (half Cast Look Cream, Skin Whitening +more)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.