Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal (1659 Views)

Gov. Tambuwal receives body of Ex-president Shehu Shagari at the Sokoto Airport / 2019 Presidency: What Peter Obi Did To Me In 2014 – Gov. El-rufai / Buhari Returns To Nigeria From UK (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by 1Ebiscoo: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2018
The Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, has said that it would be suicidal if President Muhammadu Buhari returns to power in 2019.

Tambuwal, who was one of the 12 presidential aspirants on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, alleged that Buhari was not in charge of the country.

Tambuwal claimed that the President ran the country by proxy.

He spoke in Abuja on Monday when the Peace and Reconciliation Committee of the PDP paid him a visit in his Maitama (Abuja) residence.

He said, “I want to reassure you, our party men and women and Nigerians that I am committed to the success and victory of our party at the general elections, come February 2019.

“We have had a robust and fruitful engagement on the way forward and I have made my commitment immediately after the convention that I am going to support our candidate, Wazirin Adamawa, Atiku Abubakar, 100 per cent for us to have a victory at the general elections. So, I am not wavering, I am not looking back.

“Work has started for us to ensure that the PDP family remains united and other lovers of democracy come and partner with us for us to ensure that we convincingly win the election.”

According to the former House of Representatives Speaker, the task of wresting power from the ruling party was not his personal ambition, adding that “all of the issues we have discussed, canvassed and traversed for during our meeting with delegates and party leaders, have remained there.”

He added, “The maladministration and the way the country is being run through proxies is unacceptable.

“President Buhari is not in charge. It will be suicidal for him to return to power for another four years. So, we don’t want a situation whereby that will continue anytime after May 29, 2019.

“We want a government in which the President of Nigeria will be right on top of issues. One that will respect the rule of law.

“So, I have given my commitment and I mean it, I am out for it. By the grace of God, we shall support Atiku Abubakar and the PDP to win elections throughout Nigeria.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/2019-presidency-what-will-happen-if.html

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by mycar: 9:48am On Oct 16, 2018
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by meforyou1(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2018
Buhari is heading straight to daura in 2019. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by princechurchill(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2018
Tumbuwal has the Obiligation to Atikulate for a better Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by Ehiscotch(m): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2018
Suicidal for you, I guess. Because if Buhari is re-elected, you and all the defectors would be banned from travelling and would be cohabiting in kirikiri.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by xtravanganza: 10:15am On Oct 16, 2018
rightfully said. come to think of it, pdp and kwankwaso are seriously messing up. There is a clear evidence against the governor and no protest from them no cry to step down... I can't believe pdp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by Malikcoker: 10:37am On Oct 16, 2018
He said the same thing about Uncle JoJo. Tambuwal - Your brief political career is over. You can never win reelection in sokoto because Buhari is more popular than you.
Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by Lot13(m): 10:45am On Oct 16, 2018
Why are the elites dead scared of his return to Aso rock in 2019.

The reasons can't be far fetch but definitely not for the good of this great country.
Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by Ojiofor: 10:53am On Oct 16, 2018
Lot13:
Why are the elites dead scared of his return to Aso rock in 2019.

The reasons can't be far fetch but definitely not for the good of this great country.

His stay in office beyond next year is definitely not in the national interest but for the interest of greedy idiots like tiefnubu and the rest of the cabal in Asorock.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by CharleyBright(m): 11:11am On Oct 16, 2018
God forbid Buhari to get 2nd term.
Holy Ghost................ Fire.!!

2nd Term for what?
What has Buhari done in 3yrs other than rant about fighting corruption while spending billions of our Naira on London sick bed and bluntly refusing to disclose how much he has wasted?
Non disclosure is corruption too.
I wanted ( Not Supported) Buhari in 2015 to win, bscause i wanted a corrupt GEJ govt out. Hoping Buhari might change things.
But since he came in, since he came in, things have grown worse.
Corruption is higher,
Economy is in shambles,
Ethnicity and disunity at the height ever in the history of Nigeria.
Insecurity has increased with Herdsmen becoming worse than BH.
The only thing that has grown better is his health.

Buhari MUST NOT get a 2nd Term to waste our money on his health ooooooo.

Once again, i Say :
Holy Ghost ........ Fire !!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by slivertongue: 11:26am On Oct 16, 2018
GMB has been 'disvirgined' so we now know his capacity unlike 2015 wen lies wia used 2market him. he cant &wont win 2019

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 16, 2018
With so much joblessness staring the masses, what the country needs is a new lease of life.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by forgiveness: 11:33am On Oct 16, 2018
To atikulate massive fraud again! grin

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2018
How do some people reason, a man who was sick for virtually half of his first term is what people are clamoring to re-contest..

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by pode(m): 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
It is well with Nigerian come next year
Re: 2019 Presidency: What Will Happen If Buhari Returns To Power – Gov. Tambuwal by Aufbauh(m): 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
Tambuwal have no option than to fail with the party PDP he committed suicide with through the Emperor Governor Wike.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Ortom Branded Campaign Vehicle / Tyrant Buhari Trends On Twitter / Pictures From Atiku's Rally In Ebonyi State Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.