Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? (1347 Views)

Israeli Firm Sought To Influence Elections Across The World, Mostly In Africa / Tinubu Explain Why He Is Able To Influence Elections In Nigeria / Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by senatordave1(m): 10:40am On Oct 16, 2018
Robust contributions are welcomed
Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by richidinho(m): 11:03am On Oct 16, 2018
PDP is the secret

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by CodeTemplar: 11:05am On Oct 16, 2018
Psychology is a very important factor of any group. These people are largely insecure folks who will jump at the opportunity to look relevant and that explains why Atiku may get 100% vote of SS/SE at the federal level.

At state level, PDP dominates and the fact that they are always afraid to identify with any other party for the fear of being tagged a traitor of some sort shows how easily they can be manipulated and how insecure they can be.

Psychology is very important in Nigerian politics but most pronounce in SS/SE.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by UgwuAghachi: 11:09am On Oct 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Psychology is a very important factor of any group. These people are largely insecure folks who will jump at the opportunity to look relevant and that explains why Atiku may get 100% vote of SS/SE at the federal level.

Yoruba people like Sowore and Durotoye are contesting but Yoruba won't vote their sons but will rather vote a lifeless clueless Buffon.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by CodeTemplar: 11:15am On Oct 16, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Yoruba people like Sowore and Durotoye are contesting but Yoruba won't vote their sons but will rather vote a lifeless clueless Buffon.
By attacking the Yorubas like this you already proving my points.
You are insecure and dont have any real means of luring people to support what you support or sell your political ideas and thus resort to tribal blackmail.
Look at delta APC, is there any Yoruba or Hausa man there? None, but delta state folks treated APC like that when it was formed. Tribal blackmail is harder to disquise than you think.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by Captainrambo2: 11:29am On Oct 16, 2018
Oshomole; alhaji mobilise for buhari na. Our 2milliom.
votes is vanishing o

Kwankwanso; Apc is dead in kano. Pdp all the way.
Now leave me alone

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by limeta(f): 11:38am On Oct 16, 2018
Code templer you are mad
So if they gave their vote to Apc an islamic party that will turn around and kill them then that in yr way to be sycological balance

All you yorubs Muslim if islam is good why dont you kerp it to yr selves
Yorubas are the problems of ss.+ se
But not for long

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 16, 2018
senatordave1:
Robust contributions are welcomed
#ATIKULATE2019

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 16, 2018
Captainrambo2:
Oshomole; alhaji mobilise for buhari na. Our 2milliom.
votes is vanishing o

Kwankwanso; Apc is dead in kano. Pdp all the way.
Now leave me alone
APCheat legacy in Kano >>>
APC governor Gandjude (Gan-dollars) collecting bribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGCvXTISNns

#ATIKULATE2019
#BACKTODAURA

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by Kaetoh: 11:43am On Oct 16, 2018
We are well aware of your long deep rooted hatred for us in the SE/SS and we see your behaviour, culture, tradition and even the food you eat as very very strange to us. Even your mixed religion and dress code.. We are from worlds apart but personally I respect people's ways of life when it's different from mine or my tradition . Up where we are we are normally light skinned unlike you guys covered completely in somewhat dusty black filth , so what's the similarity . Your leaders are also never tired of lying and broad day light cheating and looting . Too many discrepancies , too many reasons not to be influenced by what you present in the name of political party and alliance . Simply put , you guys are extreme strangers down here , even when you rock our traditional attires we can spot the wolf fangs . In my opinion , apc has got no hope in our regions because and this cannot change believe me.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by UgwuAghachi: 11:47am On Oct 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:

[s]
By attacking the Yorubas like this you already proving my points.
You are insecure and dont have any real means of luring people to support what you support or sell your political ideas and thus resort to tribal blackmail.
Look at delta APC, is there any Yoruba or Hausa man there? None, but delta state folks treated APC like that when it was formed. Tribal blackmail is harder to disquise than you think. [/s]

As an Igbo man, I don't need to go out of my way to campaign for Atiku/Obi. Nigerians from all the regions are tired of APC. 2019 election is not about Igbo vs Yoruba, its about Nigerians tired of an inept backward president and his conniving powerless VP and sending them packing out of government house

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by CodeTemplar: 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

As an Igbo man, I don't need to go out of my way to campaign for Atiku/Obi. Nigerians from all the regions are tired of APC. 2019 election is not about Igbo vs Yoruba, its about Nigerians tired of an inept backward president and his conniving powerless VP and sending them packing out of government house
Is APC the dominant party in SS/SE?
You buttress my point further again.
Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by UgwuAghachi: 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:

[s]
Is APC the dominant party in SS/SE?
You buttress my point further again.

[/s]

What point? grin

The only thing you are displaying here is that you aren't only a tribal bigot but also a stark illiterate with no meaningful contribution to append to this discussion. Dull just like your candidate. No more replies for this mofo

I hope I have buttressed your point properly grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by KanwuliaMama: 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
Poverty!
Poverty!
Poverty!
Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by muykem: 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
Emotion and hatred determine SE election while SS is not different from SW, event per time determine their choice.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by Bannylove13: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
Just shout PDP.. power..

APC is not welcome over there
Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by Bannylove13: 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
muykem:
Emotion and hatred determine SE election while SS is not different from SW, event per time determine their choice.

Same emotions greed envy determine SW election..

Don't attempt to divide and rule SS/SE..

Stop working since the days of awo.. not even after 2015

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
limeta:
Code templer you are mad
So if they gave their vote to Apc an islamic party that will turn around and kill them then that in yr way to be sycological balance

All you yorubs Muslim if islam is good why dont you kerp it to yr selved
But not for long

From the above post, the factors are

1. Religion - Mostly Catholics (Anglicans are treated like outcasts)
2. Tribal and Ethnic Affiliations.
3. The Ghana-Must-Go factor.
4. Corrupt minded/treasury breakers ready to offload cash to their kinsmen.eg Atiku's Loot

5. The PDP sponsored IPOB/Biafra factor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by senatordave1(m): 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
I havent seen any robust or factual contribution yet except ethnic diatribes and mudslinging.when i drop mine,i wont entertain any dissenting view oh

1 Like

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by Boomark(m): 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2018
KratosCorp:
What an idiotic thing to say.

SE, for example, has just 5 states, yet it is the ONLY region that has governors AND senators from THREE DIFFERENT parties. South West has 6 states, North West has 7 states, yet all their governors are from just ONE party or two at most.

Yet, you (an obviously mentally unstable fellow) are here lying through your teeth with a straight face just to ridicule an entire region whose average mental stability rate is clearly above your reach.

Very very idiotic. I think illiteracy is affecting most APC supporters. Atimes I pity them because they cannot articulate properly.
Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by fergie001: 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
Senatordave1,nice one irrespective of your loyal and sometimes blind political leanings.....I will salute you on this one...despite the fact your thread as expected has turned into 'the usual'...

1. MENTALITY
I hail from that zone nonetheless I spent almost all my life far away from there but I witnessed 2 elections there,one thing remains predominant,we (based on my region and not my context as an individual) vote for party and most times not necessarily candidate....that means the PDP is likely to trump anyone irrespective based on the "Umbrella" insignia...
The old and young who go out to vote have one thing in mind.....the PDP no matter how poor or great they have been.....
To add that,the Igbos vote with emotions....
If you hurt them,be sure you will not get votes....it is difficult for us to forgive,hence.....once you become an enemy,that's it.....come 100 times,you will fail......Same way,if you are a friend,you are a friend to the dead.(they are practically politically unbendable)....

2. RELIGION
The Igbos are the most extremely religious people in the southern part of Nigeria.We are more attached to things that have to do with religion(in this context,Christianity), especially as it relates to politics. The case of Ohakim,which am sure you are aware of,is a classic example. Hence,it is not uncommon to see that almost every person in position of authority in the East has either built a church or will build a church,or will support something that is church-related in the public glare. So,often times than not,the politics starts from the church,and once it blossoms there,forget it.....it's over...

3. RESPECT
The Igbos are the most respectful,loyal and loveable people. But they want same in return......so when they see comments that disparage or destroy them...they react(I think it's with everyone).

Federal Might does not play a role here.....it's party and religious politics....and how much the Governor is loved or loathed....it then transcends,though GEJ's was an exception,because he was seen as one of us........apathy is rampant here,they will rather not vote than vote a party they don't like......but I think the awareness now is huge.
Moreover,more than 40% of the Igbo population live outside the zone,and I think they reason same way.....

The effect on our politics will be discussed later.......
My humble submission.....not that I support totally, but that's how the politics hover around there.....
Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by weownlagos: 3:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
aze:

[s][b]From the above post, the factors are

4. Corrupt minded/treasury breakers ready to offload cash to their kinsmen.eg Atiku's Loot

5. The PDP sponsored IPOB/Biafra factor.[/s]

I hate when stark illiterates who are neither from a particular area nor reside in the area form a beer parlour analysis on that area. You gave out yourself as a mofo when you mentioned number 1. Try researching extensively before typing trash online grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2018
Resource Control

Restructuring
Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
Resource Control

Restructuring

State Police

Fiscal Federalism
Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by senatordave1(m): 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
For my region the south south,four major factors affect elections.money,federal might,strong politicians and party popularity.between 1999-2003,pdp and anpp had both factors working for them.when anpp collapsed in the region between 2003-2004,pdp now had all these factors workimg for them.right now,some of these factors are undoubtedly in favour of apc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by senatordave1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Resource Control

Restructuring

State Police

Fiscal Federalism

From 1999?
Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by limeta(f): 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
aze:

From the above post, the factors are

5. The PDP sponsored IPOB/Biafra factor.

Terrorista
Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by Legend007: 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

And I hope Igbos will support their daughter, sister and mother Obiageli Ezekwesili and not vote an internationally recognized thief called Atiku...

Yeye..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by KratosCorp: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2018
How about focusing on making the yourubas to vote their own numerous sons (and daughters) - Sowore and co instead of voting for a grossly incompetent dictator and disastrous illiterate?

What's your business with who the igbos vote for or not?
[s]

Legend007:

And I hope Igbos will support their daughter, sister and mother Obiageli Ezekwesili and not vote an internationally recognized thief called Atiku...

Yeye..
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Factors That Influence Elections In South South And South East? by quickberry2(m): 10:47am On Oct 17, 2018
limeta:
Code templer you are mad

All you yorubs Muslim if islam is good why dont you kerp it to yr selves
But not for long

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44. Rule 2

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stupid Citizens. Whats Stopping Us Given Someone Outside APC/PDP Support / Breaking: Labour Suspends Planned Strike / That Presenter On Kaakaki Social Media On AIT Is A Pdp Apologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.