Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Land In Ibadan - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land In Ibadan (6478 Views)

Poll: Best Ibadan Neignborhood

Oluyole: 22% (4 votes)
Bodija: 33% (6 votes)
Jericho: 33% (6 votes)
Iyaganku: 11% (2 votes)
Akobo: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Land In GREEN VALLEY Estate @ Awka Anambra State For Sale / How Do I Calculate The Cost Of Fencing A Plot Of Land In Agbara Lagos . / How Much Is A Plot Of Land In Aba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land In Ibadan by Yinkaboy: 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2010
Wanted tWo plots in Ibadan . Need cheap price, tarred roads.  What are the best areas? Bodija or Oluyole?
Re: Land In Ibadan by goinggreat: 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2010
both areas are cool to live in.it depends on how much you have/can afford. good plots available in both places.pls give more information on what you want exactly.cheers
Re: Land In Ibadan by Yinkaboy: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
My range is 1=2.2mil for two plots? What are eateries like in bodija? Would it be a good area set up a business? Have you heard of an area called bashorun?

Also need to be near schools for my son.
Re: Land In Ibadan by Yinkaboy: 10:56am On Jul 15, 2010
??
Re: Land In Ibadan by prciouspro: 11:48am On Jul 15, 2010
i don't have land to sell in ibadan, but am from ibadan, base and work in lagos. its not necessary you buy land in bodija, oluyole estate at higher price. there are better place like alakia, new gbagi and some part of basorun.
Re: Land In Ibadan by Yinkaboy: 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2010
What is the price in these areas? How close to bodija? Are they same quality?
Re: Land In Ibadan by goinggreat: 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2010
For that amount, you can get 2 plots in an upper middle class area like Akobo, for instance. Basorun is also a good area, but land prices are a bit steep there, be it the side ard the bodija or the other side near iwo road. you are looking at N3M per plot in Basorun minimum. road side plots go for N10M and above.
Alakia and New Gbagi are also good, and you can get your target land in those areas. but those areas are mainly lower middle class with some sprinkling of the upper middle class. you might do well to be concerned about the environment in which your child grows up as well as the standard of your neighbourhood. orita challenge, poly road/Eleiyele , ojoo are some other areas in which you might be interested.
Bodija is a good place for business. just be prepared for high rent prices ard the area. virtually all major eateries-biggs,tanties,right choice, big treat, 3F etc are there. but there are still opportunities, given it's proximity to the campuses.
There are many standard schools your son could go to in Bodija and other places ranging from the expensive to the affordable.

Gbagi and alakia are like abt 30 minutes drive to Bodija, but watch out for the heavy traffic bottlenecks along these routes.
hope this helps.let me know if you need more info.
cheers.
femi
Re: Land In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2010
I have various properties in Ibadan for sale and lease.

[size=30pt]   TO LET[/size]
A BLOCK OF 2NOS 4BEDROOM FLATS TO LET INSIDE OWODE ESTATE APATA IBADAN. ALL ROOMS ENSUITE, IN A VERY LARGE FENCED ROUND WATER WITH BORE AND SECURITY. ATTACHED TO EACH FLATS IS 1ROOM BQ ENSUITE

RENT: 200K ASKING PER ANNUM

[size=35pt]FOR SALE[/size]
A FENCED AND VACANT VIRGIN LAND OF 3000 SQUARE METRES IN MOLETE ON THE MAJOR ROAD

PRICE 25MILLION ASKING

CONTACT ME ON 07029170205 FOR MORE INFO
Re: Land In Ibadan by Yinkaboy: 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2010
Femi-bros thanxs

What are the schools like in akobo? Is there tarred roads? Some one recommended Loyola College School? What do you think of Gate, Agodi?

So looks like Bodija and Bashorun are to expensive, ie upper class to upper middle class areas. The highest I could push for may 5million aplot.
Re: Land In Ibadan by goinggreat: 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2010
Loyola college?no way cry.why a govt school?even the God's Blessings college adjacent it is way better.4get.Loyo is old glory. I went there,so I know. and na govt school so strike go plenti.
Agodi and Gate are not ok for residential purposes.
Gate is where the motor part sellers market is. The prison is also around the area.
plus the region is mostly lower middle class/lower class which is not that ok for a person who minds his envt.

The good part of agodi is the GRA, where quarters go for N60m.(wanna try that?).

Akobo has good schools- Nickdel,B&B,Livingstone.Best brain and so many others. some of them have websites you can check out and their fees are moderate.
You can get land in some areas of Basorun for N5m but given that the area is built up, getting virgin land could be difficult.might take a while to get som1 who wants to sell. there are other good areas where you could get land if you are looking at N5m per plot, like the new GRA at IMPA, as well as other similar areas.
hope this helps.
cheers
Re: Land In Ibadan by Yinkaboy: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2010
Bros, I guess Loyola is living off the fumes glory of its past  shocked.

Where is this IMPA GRA? Heard there was this new Gra near Akobo being built, Kola Ishi? And maybe one near the new shopping mall being built in Iyanguku?
Re: Land In Ibadan by goinggreat: 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2010
Impa is along alao akala way.it's the hottest thing for rich people now.it's at akobo, but like a GRA there. Kolapo ishola GRA is a new devt, just commissioned on monday, but has huge political risk.this is the 3rd time it's been allocated, so it might still be re-allcated by anoda govt if akala doesn't win.
iyaganku is expensive.the new GRA there is alalubosa, and costs 8 figures.
Re: Land In Ibadan by excellomo: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2010
@goinggreat please i also need your help,do you have any idea how much is would cost to get a plot of land in akobo?i stay in lagos and am planning to settle down in IB.One last thing,do you know where is called ELEBU IN OLUYOLE?someone told me that its a good area and can get a plot of land around 700k-800k naira there?how develop is the place.Please get back to me.
Re: Land In Ibadan by Yinkaboy: 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
??
Re: Land In Ibadan by goinggreat: 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2010
Elebu is a growing area off oluyole estate. you can get land there for that price.it all depends on your taste, though and what you require in a good neighbourhood and infrastructure.
you can also get land for that range at akobo.
both are good middle class areas and you can get good plots there.
Re: Land In Ibadan by yanka: 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2010
Goinggreat, pls what is the best location in Ibadan in terms of infrastructure and security and serenity ?
Re: Land In Ibadan by excellomo: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2010
@goinggreat thanks for the response,i need to know which area is good between akobo and elebu, and also if you have any genieu person to contact for a plot or 2 in akobo,cos i heard that theres alot of 419ers in IB.tanks
Re: Land In Ibadan by goinggreat: 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2010
Excel, there are 419ers in lagos and elsewhere.it's always wise to conduct your due diligence before buying land anywhere to avoid being duped. I bought a few plots recently in akobo for someone who's using it as an investment, and can help you to get if it's ok. like I said earlier, the price determines the area you'll get in the region. for N1.2M, you can get two plots ard Alafia/Unity estate area.

Yanka, probably the best two locations in town are Bodija and Oluyole Estate. You live close to the powers that be, so you enjoy regular power supply, armed security guards(mopol) and of course , serenity. you just wouldn't mind their parties or excesses once in a while. grin. if you have the money, those are the places to be.
cheers
Re: Land In Ibadan by yanka: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2010
goinggreat, I have just been told Iyaganku GRA is the best. Do you consider ?
Re: Land In Ibadan by Yinkaboy: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2010
Folks, how come Ibadan so dey expensive? Its not Lagos or Abuja, but its not cheap?

Iyaganku is good but Bodija is where allot the senators, govenors, bankers, have there mansions.

The one things I am not sure of is what are the eateries like in Iyaganku? I have heard there is a brand new shopping mall going up in the area.

We need to compile a small list of the 5 top areas!
Re: Land In Ibadan by goinggreat: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2010
if you have money in the tens of millions and hundreds of millions, then you can go to iyaganku. a quarters there is being sold for N120M.
the area is quiet, and mainly residential. it's not a population hub, so an eatery cannot thrive there. and the landlords are powerful, so they may not allow one to start.
Re: Land In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 04, 2010
Re: Land In Ibadan by goinggreat: 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2010
the complex is owned by jubilee life now.twas former railway.it's worth it if you're looking for a place that suits your line of biz.
only saw your site,no email.
cheers
Re: Land In Ibadan by safariman(m): 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2010
@goinggreat
Have you heard of Ajangboju area and what are the plots selling for there?
Re: Land In Ibadan by goinggreat: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2010
safariman, have heard of the place but i'm not aware of the prices there.

chaircover, shops are tough to get at agbowo shopping complex and others around UI area.maybe inside the campus could be available,though.
Re: Land In Ibadan by safariman(m): 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2010
^^^^^
Thank you, I heard it is by some area called 'gas" and by the express
Re: Land In Ibadan by Shinatu: 8:06am On Aug 06, 2010
^^^^^^ If it is by the express then it must be 'General Gas'

Goinggreat,

I am familiar with Ibadan too and I am very much flowing along with your analysis. Welldone!

That Iyaganku is a strange place, I grew up in Ibadan and never had a single friend that stayed there, are those people spirits? grin. They must be super rich.

What about Jericho? I believe there is a GRA there too similar to Iyaganku, I had a couple of friends staying there then so It is not as weird as Iyaganku grin
Re: Land In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 06, 2010
Re: Land In Ibadan by goinggreat: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2010
Shinatu, that area is the real GRA. pple like otudeko,retired and serving generals live there.not only that, the GOC lives there and commutes from there daily to ojoo.tells you it's 4 d powerful.

safariman,Ajangboju is ard general gas area, on the way to iyana church. land there varies depending on distance to the main road.again, what you get depends on your budget.

Chaircover,will get in touch.

cheers
Re: Land In Ibadan by safariman(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2010
Thanks goinggreat
Re: Land In Ibadan by Yinkaboy: 2:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
What about the Monatan or Iwo Road area?
Re: Land In Ibadan by Felixv: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2010
this is a nice discussion.i bought 4 plots of land at elebu about 3yrs ago for 350k per plot,now the land is going for about 900k, it is a nice area to live in ,a lot of the people who were renting in oloyole phase one actually bought land there also.The private schools in ibadan compare well with most of the private schools in lagos but at a relatively cheaper price,

my opinion is that for someone who wants to raise their kids in a civil peaceful environment then elebu is a good choice,there is also a link road to the toll gate.albeit half completed.This was the road oga jonathan came to open.pity he didnt bother seeing the whole road.

in terms of class of people,it is purely middle class and a sprinkle of omonile villagers.and a lot of returnees for europe and the us, a lot of the P&G guys also live there well, they also have a landlords association which i call a gathering of like minds.

thanks

felix

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? / TURNKEY SERVICES / Charis Designs...... Architecture With People In Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.