Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) (75508 Views)

Innoson Bus Used For Public Transport Spotted In Lagos (Pictures) / The World’s Top 10 Luxury Cars Spotted In Nigeria / How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2018
An astute post and the first that I’ll commend this userid.

More of this Nigeria centric post and less of the nonsense and unaffordable supercar stories.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by agboaustine: 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
THAT IS NIGERIA FOR YOU
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by uchwar1: 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
we talk as if we produce cars in Nigeria. see them talking. As far as the engine is OK, I don't see anything wrong with importing accidented cars
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by gentlemayor(m): 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
@autojosh

Are you into car sales?

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by lexini: 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
only engine isnt enough...

there are some frame damages that cant be rectified back to factory condition

uchwar1:
we talk as if we produce cars in Nigeria. see them talking. As far as the engine is OK, I don't see anything wrong with importing accidented cars

4 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by kanya85: 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
These cars are not for repairs am sure, it's what happens when u have an accident that u will know! dudes that's where it spare parts come from.....
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by computerglobal(m): 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
nwakibie3:

you will hear from me soon bro

Are you in the market to buy a tokunbo or a used vehicle?
Do the necessary precautions to avoid buying a clunker. Run a VIN check to reveal important information such as title status, odometer reading, flood and fire history, number of previous owners, airbag deployment ,salvage title and more

Contact us for your comprehensive vehicle report
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by MrPaul2: 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2018
naija4all:
Interesting.....how this country end up a dumping ground.

That's why Trump called Africa a shithole
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by computerglobal(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
Yankee101:
This one is wickedness cos they dont have requisite airbags in them anymore.

Always check your VIN history b4 spending your money.

Run a vin check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. check the title status, previous odometer readings,flood,airbag deployment,stolen,hail,biohazard and more.

Contact us today for your comprehensive Vehicle Report
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by blackgold2018(m): 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
nototribalist:
Buhari will never go unpunished. Useless terrorist
Calm down dis business has been on even before you were born. Do you stay in Lagos? Or do u even understand the nature of the business?

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by mechanics(m): 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
hmmmmm, it's well, the truth is that when buying a car, simply go with a confirmed mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
visit placed like onitsha, aba mech village or ikoku in ph you will see how accidented cars are packaged into new toks and displayed in dealerships, and other platforms like jiji, cheki.

buyers need to be informed about the status of the cars they want, the annoying thing is the super profits made on the sale of these coffins on wheels at the expense of buyers safety.

id rather drive a second hand car that was bought new in our shores than these savage salvage coffins put out on display.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
uchwar1:

I hail you Merchant Of Death, of course you wont see anything wrong as far as you re not the one driving the car.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by salford1: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
Problem is that most Nigerians can't afford a clean title tokunbo Car. Cars with clean titles do not come cheap.

A friend's wife 2018 CRV was hit by a drunk guy in a truck here in Canada, the insurance conpany would not replace it since damage was less than 14k and framw was okay. They just took it to a body shop and it was brought back to factory standards. The CRV is now back on the road as if it just left the manufacturer's factory.

If
1. the car can be brought back to factory standards by a garage approved by the insurance company with the amount spent in repairing declaired on the report.
2. Not declared write-off by insurance
3. Not given a salvaged title,
3. Not declared flooded/water damaged

then, no wahala.

However, if these ones which looks like write-offs (apart from the benz) would be repaired in Nigeria, then better to stay clear. No way on earth can Nigerian techs bring them close to manufacturer's specs.

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by brojoshua: 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
A corrupt country is a dumping ground of anything, name some curse, ash hole, ... A corrupt country is an accursed country. So let us change from being corrupt.
A corrupt and foolish man who gave his head and hair to a mad barber should expect any time of haircut.
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by excel4us: 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
Dumping GROUND
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by MicroBox: 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2018
4 Later read
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by BabbanBura(m): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
autojosh:

Anytime we visit car lots, we are usually excited about how clean and sparkling the displayed cars are. Autojosh.com is here to tell you that "All that glitters is not gold".

This badly damaged Toyota Corolla was spotted at the port some weeks ago. It will be refurbished and sold to an unsuspecting Nigerian who would think they've gotten an excellent deal. You can also see the accident ridden Lexus RX350 and Mercedes-Benz GLK that we spotted in the photos below.

This is one of the reasons we've always warned about how well you know the car you are buying, because what you see may not be what you get. This is why the importance of VIN checks can never be overemphasized. Before you buy a car, make sure you read about some of the things car sellers don't want you to know HERE

If you were given access to peep into what goes on behind the scene, your jaw will drop and your mouth will be left wide opened like that of Jim Carrey "The Mask"

Do you carry out thorough checks on any car you want to buy or do you just go ahead with what ever you've been told by the seller? Tell us in the comment section below.

https://autojosh.com/see-shocking-photos-of-tokunbo-cars

That's why i never and will never buy car in Naija and will never cease to run carfax VIN checks!

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by CarGuideNG: 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
BabbanBura:

That's why i never and will never buy car in Naija and will never cease to run carfax VIN checks!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7892681_img20181003wa0009_jpeg92eaf2d2ca90bb3dc1301a565951f9a6
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by Bettycars(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
My cars are never in such condition, never accidented. Please contact 07065870508 for enquiries

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by PK2: 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
No be their fault na duty cos am, most Nigerians can afford exotic cars yet when they buy these cars at cheap rates from overseas,when they get here,they my have to sell their houses to clear them
autojosh:
more

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by computerglobal(m): 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
BabbanBura:

We offer NMVTIS AUTOCHECK CARFAX & BVIP FOR ALL VEHICLES WITH PICTURES

American & European Vehicle History
Contact COMPUTERGLOBAL for your comprehensive vehicle history report
Contact us today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by dragon2(m): 11:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
Na to go get 1 innoson umu last last. Get peace of mind for 5yrs.
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by Mimee803: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2018
Poster should have added graphic image caution to this post! Smh only in Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by uchwar1: 9:07am On Oct 17, 2018
quentin06:

I hail you Merchant Of Death, of course you wont see anything wrong as far as you re not the one driving the car.
I drive one Pls and I'm still alive.
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by smithjack123: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2018
This is so unbelievable.
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by Thazard(m): 11:56am On Feb 15, 2020
Patowa:
cheesy by the time them finish am e go be like say e never enter road before
Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by chidooh1: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2020
Vehicles that have already killed the first owners

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by chidooh1: 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
Let's be frank here, no matter how clean these cars would be after repairs never would it come back as before again. Car Chassis be like pussy, once bleeped remains bleeped forever you cannot unfuck. I hit my car with the one in front at Owode years back and the chassis was affected till today after different panel bitters i still feel the impert.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) by AlphaTaikun: 7:47am On Jun 28, 2022
jinxet2000:
Most of the tokumbo cars you buy in Nigeria were like this in the USA. but the difference is that they fixed it in US before they arrive to Nigeria. While some other are brought back as is to Nigeria before it is repaired. The reason for the repair is made in Nigeria is simply cost. Not just the cost to repair but the cost of clearing. It is cheaper to clear a damaged vehicle than clear a running vehicle. A typical example is buying a 2018 SUV that is damaged in USA at $4000. You decided to repair it in USA and get it back to good condition. When you bring it into Nigeria, custom will not believe the cost of the vehicle so they will charge you averagely. which makes it little more expensive. However, the advantage of fixing in US is very simple, part are bought brand new, tools for repair are available and the skill is there to make it look like brand new.
If you want to become importer of cars in damaged condition of parts of damaged cars, contact me jinxet2000@yahoo.com I deal with auto. I buy and sell non-damaged cars but there is opportunity in damaged and fixed cars and parts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) / Meet Ramesh Babu, An Indian Barber Who Drives Rolls-Royce Ghost To His Shop / Man Gave Mechanic His Car To Repair, He Drove The Car To His Girlfriend's House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.