Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

"distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas (1633 Views)

RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. / Nas Vs Jayz / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by Recardo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2010
The much anticipated album by Damian Jnr Gong and Damian Marley might be the best album for 2010. Just listen to "as we enter" and see and feel some dark masonic shhiit.!!!
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by synchx: 9:44am On Jul 15, 2010
Great album. I just got a copy myself and i jam it all day.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by audio: 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
The best album of the year so far, in any genre.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by helovesme(f): 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2010
i have the full album and i am loving track. i have the track ''as we enter'' on repeat.
some tight rhymes and NAS was blowing hot .
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by mufasa(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2010
Best Album i ve heard in Years. Sublime, On Point and Phat.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by synchx: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2010
my fave tracks on the album are 'count your blessings' and 'in his own words'.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by kay29000(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2010
yeah, i love those 2 tracks too n like that patience track, how nas allowed damian rap the first 2 verses then he went in on d last, infact, i love every track on d album, plus d bonus track, ancient people, feat junior reid. It is just not cool that great albums like this be selling d least.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by Freiburger(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2010
GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! Nuff respect to my men Nas.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by Freiburger(m): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2010
kay29000:

yeah, i love those 2 tracks too n like that patience track, how nas allowed damian rap the first 2 verses then he went in on d last, infact, i love every track on d album, plus d bonus track, ancient people, feat junior reid. It is just not cool that great albums like this be selling d least.

Yea patience is great, but i think As we enter will make a greater hit.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by kay29000(m): 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2010
Yeah, that is why it is d lead single. The track is on repeat must days in my dec and i am still not tired of listening to it.
'i got the gun, i got the ganja, and we can blaze it up on ur block if u wanna'
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by chiogo(f): 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2010
Best album? I doubt it.
Not a big fan of reggae but the album turned out alright.
My favorite songs: Dispear, Nah mean, Patience, As we enter, and Friends.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by bouzymill(m): 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2010
The album is alright. . . dope for sure, BUT NOT THE BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by dejiariyo1: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2010
If you know any better album so far this year, pls let me know and we might just compare content for content,

To me patience is one hell of a track and best cut for me on the album, so chilling, u have to listen closely to understand what damien was talking about and Nas was aight but damien killed this track, the lyrics to this song are sooo TRUE! Think about it

damien's verse is hella deep & prolly goes over ppls heads cuz he got that jamaican accent but basically he is talking about society and how the media influences our minds. In the beginning he talks about how we have gone to the moon and have some of the most educated ppl in world, but we can't even stop poverty or ppl from dying of starvation.he says society is quick to save animals in zoos but don't care about humans especialy children when it's children that are the future not animals

he compares the inherently biased nature of the entire media experience to a small but unfortunate subsection of the media "the paparrazzi" to show the greaters inherent nature is as its minor more apparent part, this is known as SYNEDOCHE, more specifically in this case as PARS PRO TOTO in latin, this is a specific type of metaphor, look it up. BUT, its funny how many ppl will just bypass that at award lil wayne best lyricist this year smh

Some of the smartest dummies
Can't read the language of Egyptian mummies
An' a fly go a moon
And can't find food for the starving tummies
Pay no mind to the youths
Cause it's not like the future depends on it
But save the animals in the zoo
Cause the chimpanzee dem a make big money
This is how the media pillages
On the TV the picture is
Savages in villages
And the scientist still can't explain the pyramids, huh
Evangelists making a living on the videos of ribs of the little kids
Stereotyping the image of the images
And this is what the image is
You buy a khaki pants
And all of a sudden you say a Indiana Jones
An' a thief out gold and thief out the scrolls and even the buried bones
Some of the worst paparazzis I've ever seen and I ever known
Put the worst on display so the world can see
And that's all they will ever show
So the ones in the west
Will never move east
And feel like they could be at home
Dem get tricked by the beast
But a where dem ago flee when the monster is fully grown?
Solomonic linage whe dem still can't defeat and them coulda never clone
My spiritual DNA that print in my soul and I will forever Own Lord

Sabali, Sabali, Sabali, yonkontê
Sabali, Sabali, Sabali, kiye
Ni kêra môgô
Sabali, Sabali, Sabali, kagni
Ni kêra môgô

Huh, we born not knowing, are we born knowing all?
We growing wiser, are we just growing tall?
Can you read thoughts? can you read palms?
Huh, can you predict the future? can you see storms, coming?
The Earth was flat if you went too far you would fall off

Now the Earth is round if the shape change again everybody woulda start laugh
The average man can't prove of most of the things that he chooses to speak of
And still won't research and find out the root of the truth that you seek of
Scholars teach in Universities and claim that they're smart and cunning
Tell them find a cure when we sneeze and that's when their nose start running
And the rich get stitched up, when we get cut
Man a heal dem broken bones in the bush with the wed mud
Can you read signs? can you read stars?
Can you make peace? can you fight war?
Can you milk cows, even though you drive cars? huh
Can you survive, Against All Odds, Now?

Sabali, Sabali, Sabali, kiye
Ni kêra môgô
Sabali, Sabali, Sabali, kagni
Ni kêra môgô

Who wrote the Bible? Who wrote the Qur'an?
And was it a lightning storm
That gave birth to the earth
And then dinosaurs were born? damn
Who made up words? who made up numbers?
And what kind of spell is mankind under?
Everything on the planet we preserve and can it
Microwaved it and try it
No matter what we'll survive it
What's hu? what's man? what's human?
Anything along the land we consuming
Eatin', deletin', ruin
Trying to get paper
Gotta have land, gotta have acres
So I can sit back like Jack Nicholson
Watch niggas play the game like the lakers
In a world full of 52 fakers
Gypsies, seances, mystical prayers
You superstitious? throw salt over your shoulders
Make a wish for the day cuz
Like somebody got a doll of me
Stickin' needles in my arteries
But I can't feel it
Sometimes it's like 'pardon me, but I got a real big spirit'
I'm fearless,  I'm fearless
Don't you try and grab hold of my soul
It's like a military soldier since seven years old
I held real dead bodies in my arms
Felt their body turn cold, oh
Why we born in the first place
If this is how we gotta go?
Damn.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by kay29000(m): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2010
Thats some deep lyrics right there. Patience is my best track on d album and i listen to it every day on my phone, but reading d lyrics just now made me understand somethings that was said, especially damian marley's part.
And i agree with u, let anybody name any other album, not some hyped up album, that has dropped this year that is better than distant relatives.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by Freiburger(m): 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2010
Damian Marley is a poet.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by sleekgold: 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2010
anybody link me up, i need this album , where do i buy or download?
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by shotter50: 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2010
Personally Best Album of the year so far,
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by dejiariyo1: 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2010
No one has being able to name a better Album?
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by kashmo: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2010
^^^I was expecting some Eminem groupies to come out their shells & spew ish! However, reading thru the lyrics of Patience made me realize how deep and thoughtful the song is.
Re: "distant Relatives" By Damian Marley And Nas by kay29000(m): 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2010
pple know there is none better than this distant relatives so far this year, but they just dont want to accept the fact.

(1) (Reply)

New Video-- Aboki..iceprince New Remix Ft.olamide And "Oga At The Top" / Whats Your Favorite Christmas Song Ever? / Dowload: Music: Runtown Ft Timaya - My Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.