Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

2019 Presidency: “i’ll Support Atiku To Defeat Buhari” – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: “i’ll Support Atiku To Defeat Buhari” – Wike (304 Views)

What Is The Good Job Of Buhari? - Wike Blasts APC Presidential Aspirants (Video) / Apc Is Not Doing Well But When It Comes To Governance Give It To Buhari-wike / How Saraki Plans To Defeat Buhari In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: “i’ll Support Atiku To Defeat Buhari” – Wike by akinbode1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2018
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has said he will support the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, to ensure he defeats the incumbent president, Muhammadu Buhari, of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2019.

Mr Wike, who acknowledged supporting the Sokoto State governor, Aminu Tambuwal, during the just concluded PDP presidential primary in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, said he has no regret supporting Mr Tambuwal.

“I supported the Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal fully. I have no regrets for my support for Tambuwal.

“But the party has made a choice and as a loyal party man, I stand by the choice of the party. I will support His Excellency, Atiku Abubakar to victory in 2019,” a statement from the Government House, Port Harcourt, quoted Mr Wike as saying on Sunday in Port Harcourt during a thanksgiving service for the successful hosting of the PDP national convention in the city.

The statement was issued by the governor’s media aide, Simeon Nwakaudu.

“That is what is called party loyalty,” Mr Wike added.

The governor made a case for all the party leaders, members, and supporters to come together and work for the victory of the party’s candidate, Mr Abubakar, in the 2019 election.

“We must put our heads together to ensure that this bad government is sacked. We must ensure that this bad government goes in 2019.

“If this same government returns in 2019, then Nigerians are digging their graves. The suffering now will be a child’s play. That is why we must work for the good of our people,” he said.

The PDP, he said, would surely win in Rivers in 2019.

Mr Wike said he insisted that the convention be held in Port Harcourt because of the benefits it was going to bring to the local economy and the fact that “Rivers has been the home of PDP since 1999.”

“Rivers State has made PDP proud and we shall continue to make PDP proud. God lives in Rivers State,” he said.

The PDP National Chairman, Uche Secondus, called on Nigerians to support the PDP.

“Let us take back our country from destruction,” Mr Secondus said. “Everything about this country has collapsed.”

He said Mr Abubakar is the best candidate to drive the country to growth and prosperity.

Source: http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2019-governor-nyesom-wike-says-he-will-support-atiku-to-defeat-buhari/
Re: 2019 Presidency: “i’ll Support Atiku To Defeat Buhari” – Wike by yipata: 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
lol... You wike...? Present Lord of the polithiefs. We should support ur team abi? Okay.

(1) (Reply)

Vote Wisely In Oyo State! / Senate Wants ATM Card Maintenance Fee Suspended / Presidential Candidate Atiku Donates 10 Million Naira to explosion survivors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.