Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee (863 Views)

President Buhari Meets With National Peace Committee (PICS) / Abdusalami-Led Peace Committee In Crucial Meeting With Atiku, Obi In Abuja / Clinton Turns Down National Peace Committee’s Invite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by akelicious(m): 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2018
The Buhari Media Organisation (BMO) has called for the withdrawal of the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Most Rev. Matthew Kukah from the National Peace Committee led by former Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar.

The organisation made the call in a statement issued by its Chairman Niyi Akinsiju and Secretary Cassidy Madueke on Tuesday in Abuja.

The group said the call had become necessary because of Kukah’s alleged open display of support for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

It noted that the Abdulsalam Abubakar-led committee was one that should be seen to be non partisan because of the role it was meant to play in the run-up to the 2015 general elections.

“We are surprised, like many Nigerians, to see Bishop Kukah in the company of the opposition candidate at a reconciliation meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo,” the group said.

It recalled that Kukah had later on claimed to be the strategic mind behind the reconciliation which was targeted at bringing the two parties together to fight President Buhari administration.

“This is not expected of a clergyman who is seen in some quarters as the alternate head of the National Peace Committee.

“He has shown his bias and as such cannot be trusted to be non-partisan,” the group stressed.

It dismissed claims by the Catholic Bishop that he was not aware of the political nature of the gathering as tales that no one would believe.

According to the group, Kukah is the key figure behind the reconciliation, a step he took knowing that Atiku was a PDP presidential aspirant.

“And if it is true that Bishop Kukah is insisting that he was only exercising his right to free movement.

“We are also demanding that having shown his hand, he has no reason to sit on a panel that is meant to be non-partisan,” the group maintained.

It added that it fully supports President Buhari’s admonition that religious leaders abstain from partisan politics.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/bmo-wants-kukah-out-of-national-peace.html

Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by fergie001: 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
“Some have succeeded and some have not. As a priest, it is not in my place to publicize what we have achieved. I am the Convener of the National Peace Committee, NPC. This alone is enough to place a moral boundary which I am bound to respect.

“The NPC is able to accomplish much because of trust and that is not what I can treat lightly. When it became clear that both President Obasanjo and Abubakar were on the verge of making peace, I alerted the Chairman of the NPC, General Abdusalami Abubakar.

“Since I happen to be in Lagos, I drove to the Ikoyi home of Chief Emeka Anyaoku and alerted him. I spoke to my Metropolitan, the Archbishop of Kaduna, Archbishop Matthew Ndagoso.

“All in all, everyone believed this was a very good move if we could achieve it. None of us imagined the third phase of this meeting. Both theoretically and practically, I have come to know that peace making is a very risky business and often a thankless job.

“I recall listening to the late Kofi Annan speak about this on two different occasions. Anyone involved in peace making, from domestic quarrels to larger battles, must be ready for the good, the bad and the ugly.

“In the end, we must wear the shoes of the long distance runner, believing and trusting that the truth never ever sinks to the bottom of the sea. The truth will always have a stubborn way of defying the hostile elements and popping up at the right time, no matter how long it takes.

“I perfectly understand that with Alhaji Abubakar having just picked up the Presidential ticket of his party, without providing this context, definitely, I can appreciate why many people will have a lot of anxieties. They will definitely be right to question my neutrality.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/i-worked-to-reconcile-not-endorse-says-bishop-kukah/

An Interesting read.......

1 Like

Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by mycar: 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
BMO are out of their minds, they have lost it completely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by Daviddson(m): 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
OK....
Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by Racoon(m): 9:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
So where have the Nigerian constitution ban Bishop Kukah from freedom of association despite being a member of the peace committee Everybody must not be a sai baba zombie.
Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by sarrki(m): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
Racoon:
So where have the Nigerian constitution ban Bishop Kukah from freedom of association despite being a member of the peace committee Everybody must not be a sai baba zombie.

You don’t know the workings

So read and move on

1 Like

Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by WhyMoD: 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
BMO offline and BMC online..
Same people
Same 30k monthly salary
Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by bigtt76(f): 10:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
Bishop Kukah dropped the ball here. It was too much of coincidence not to have tried reconciling oth parties until one won party nomination. He should step aside joooorundecided
Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by forgiveness: 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
The atikulated bishop must be rejected. Sai Buhari! grin

1 Like

Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by wingmanII: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2018
Dumb fools! Is it not the job of the clergy to bring warring parties together? They should be commended for reconciling OBj with his ex deputy.
These fools should nt get on the wrong side of catholics. It will not help their master

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by Racoon(m): 10:21pm On Oct 16, 2018
sarrki:
You don’t know the workings.So read and move on
Oga you we sabi abeg explain.Meanwhile your hypocrisy is legendary.
Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by ngadaAwo: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2018
[s]
sarrki:

You don’t know the workings

So read and move on
[/s]
do you know that Buhari is a deadly criminal?
Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by Ojiofor: 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2018
So making peace for two old friends have become sin for APC abi?
Re: BMO Wants Kukah Out Of National Peace Committee by Maxymilliano(m): 7:44am On Oct 17, 2018
akelicious:

The group said the call had become necessary because of Kukah’s alleged open display of support for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

“We are surprised, like many Nigerians, to see Bishop Kukah in the company of the opposition candidate at a reconciliation meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo,” the group said.

Had it been he visited the lifeless vegetable in Aso Rock like Kumuyi, then he would have being qualified to sit with the peace committee abi ?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Will Start His 2019 Re-election Campaign Tagged NEXT LEVEL Today / APC Crisis: Again, Imo Deputy Governor, Madumere Floors Okorocha, Nwosu In Court / I Am Convinced 2019 Election Is For PDP To Win -Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.