Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Igbo Gov For Delta State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Gov For Delta State? (2409 Views)

Efcc Arrest Ex-niger Gov For Receiving N600m / Ejaife Odebala: Why I Knelt Down For Delta State Speaker / Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Gov For Delta State? by AndreUweh(m): 10:13am On Jul 17, 2010
igbo boy:

am not one of those dumwit, i claim igbo and not my village, grin
It shall be well with you.
Re: Igbo Gov For Delta State? by Dede1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2010
@Post

I believe this idiotic forum or whatever group accredited with the posted article is not the political beacon of Ndigbo in Delta State. Any group that can not correctly identify itself does not warrant political attention. The so-called waste brain group of Anioma forum failed woefully to represent themselves as Nigerians, maybe they are aliens.

There is no Anioma ethnic nationality in Nigeria though the colonial contraption has degenerated into cesspit. In addition, any person of Igbo heritage, directly or indirectly, who lavishes inconsequential political encomiums on Mr. Edwin K. Clarke is silly joker. Even the group’s political postulation defied any known logic. How could such load of nonentities overtly announce political support for candidates who can not scale over the hurdles of primaries? I do not think it is proper to waste my time on a mindless bunch fools who crafted the weirdest scheme of political subterfuge.

If these dimwits and expandable scoundrels who constituted themselves into a forgettable forum wear Anioma ethnic nationality, one wonders what informed the reason for the caption of the thread. I do not think the original poster or subsequent posters are confused about heritage or ethnic identity of people from North of Delta State, hence, properly identified as Igbo. If you deny your heritage, you will never have a political home.
Re: Igbo Gov For Delta State? by monkeyleg: 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2010
@Dede1,

I fail to find any logic in your comments, besides your english is extremely poor. was there really any primaries in Delta state? If you believe there was, then your are a damn right fool.
Re: Igbo Gov For Delta State? by tonychristopher: 10:23am On Dec 09, 2014
Anioma is not an ethnic nationality, how can you dudes create ethnicity just like that

confused peeps

Beaf:
[size=14pt]Delta North PDP Stakeholders Oppose Uduaghan’s 2nd Term Bid [/size]
Written by Kola Niyi-Eke, Asaba
Tuesday, 13 July 2010 21:10

The Peoples Democratic Party stakeholders in Delta North have opposed Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s second tenure.

This decision was taken after an enlarged meeting of Anioma people after taking what was described as a ‘critical look’ at events in the last few years in the state.

A communiqué made available to LEADERSHIP in Asaba, declared that "the people of Anioma ethnic nationality under the auspices of the PDP Delta North stakeholders forum, firmly support the appointment of Professor Attahiru Mohammed Jega as INEC chairman, in line with his strong desire to conduct credible free and fair elections in 2011.

“The forum remains committed to the Anioma ethnic nationality producing the governor in 2015.

“Anioma people shall no longer tolerate the abject poverty and neglect suffered in the hands of the current regime,” it added.

It stated that there were lack of basic infrastructure in the state capital, Asaba, and in other major towns, such as Ogwashi-Uku, Isele-Uku, Agbor, Kwale and Obiarukwu.

The communiqué signed by the leaders of the 10 districts in the area, further stated that Uduaghan's government had nothing to show for the N650 billion it received from the federation account since May 29,2007.

"Anioma people, in this regard, pass a vote of no confidence on the governor and disassociate ourselves from his illusionary and greedy second term bid.”

They resolved that Barrister Ovie Omo-Agege was their choice for the governorship election in 2011. They added that Anioma people would support President Goodluck Jonathan to contest the 2011 presidential election.

They also commended Chief Edwin Clark for his resilience and fight for an egalitarian society.

http://leadershipnigeria.com/news/headlines/17516-delta-north-pdp-stakeholders-oppose-uduaghans-2nd-term-bid
Re: Igbo Gov For Delta State? by Kingsley1000(m): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2014
I thought they said,"they aint igbos"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former President Olusegun Obasenjo Bow To Salut Jonathan / Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn / Gaza Invasion by Israel is One Hell Of A Pin-point Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.