Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate (9876 Views)

Presidential Screening: APC Questioned Aspirants On Consensus Candidate / 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus / Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by Islie: 10:02am On Oct 17, 2018
.....Again, Buhari promises free, fair elections in 2019

Adedayo Akinwale

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday continued its bid to upstage the All Progressives Congress (APC) from power as it rallies its 39 allies in the Coalition of Political Parties (CUPP) to a meeting that would begin the process of selecting a consensus presidential candidate that would challenge President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 general elections.

The meeting, which was chaired by the Chairman of the CUPP Steering Committee, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, had in attendance the National Chairman of Social Democratic Party (SDP), Chief Olu Falae; the National Chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus; Reformed All Progressives Congress (R-APC) Chairman, Alhaji Buba Galadima; Leadership of National Intervention Movement, Alhaji Tafawa Belewa; former Cross River State governor, Senator Liyel Imoke; and all the chairmen of the coalescing parties.

A statement by the spokesperson of the coalition, Mr. Ikenga Ugochinyere, revealed that the meeting was held at Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Center, Abuja where the decision was taken to start the process that would lead to the eventual selection of the consensus candidate for the major opposition parties in Nigeria.

According to him, “The CUPP chieftains pledged their readiness and commitment to forge a common front to chase out the incompetent APC led administration, and rescue the country from the gradual drift to the state of economic hopelessness and reign of impunity.”

Again, Buhari Promises Free, Fair Elections in 2019

Meanwhile Buhari has reassured Nigerians and the international community that the forthcoming general elections in 2019 will be free and fair, saying it would usher the country into another clime of maturity, peace and unity.

He gave the assurance when he received Letters of Credence from four ambassadors at the State House, including the Ambassador of the Peoples’ Republic of Japan, Yutaka Kikuta.

The president noted that the country’s political and electoral institutions had continued to evolve in strength, skill and experience after each election.

He said, “We are currently at the threshold of another general election and after five general elections in the country since 1999, we expect that the 2019 elections will be free and fair.

“The political system is good and if people work hard they will succeed.’’

According to him, the increase in number of political parties that will field candidates in 2019 elections indicates more democratic consciousness among Nigerians and willingness to serve the country.

Receiving Letter of Credence from the Ambassador of the Russian Federation, Alexey Shebarshin, the president noted that discussions on reviving the Ajaokuta Steel Complex, partnerships in agriculture and other bilateral interests in trade and economic development would be sustained.

He commended the country for always standing by Nigeria.

“We have opened discussions on the Ajaokuta Steel Complex, and we will continue,’’ he added.

The president told the Ambassador of Brazil, Richardo Guerra De Araujo, that the historical ties between both countries and the shared potential for growth would be further explored.

He stressed that this would be done with strong emphasis on economic and social development.

He noted that the number of Nigerians in Brazil had already provided a strong reason for deeper and richer discussions for both countries.

Receiving the Letter of Credence of the Ambassador of United Arab Emirates, Fahad Al Taffaq, Buhari assured him that Nigeria remained committed to strengthening the bilateral relationship that has existed between both countries for many years.

The president said the courtesies extended to Nigerians in the United Arab Emirates was commendable, and assured the envoy that his administration would continue to strengthen business and trade relations between both countries.

In his remarks, the Ambassador of Japan said his country remained grateful for Nigeria’s concern and support during the flooding that devastated the country.

He promised to work hard to further enhance relations in technology, agriculture and trade.

The Ambassadors of Russia, Brazil and United Arab Emirates assured the president that they would work hard to ensure improved relations in key sectors of the economy.

They all wished Nigeria the best in the forthcoming elections.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/17/pdp-rallies-39-parties-on-consensus-candidate/?amp

4 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by mycar: 10:05am On Oct 17, 2018
Ok,
Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by Skepticus: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by dingbang(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2018
kiss

1 Like

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by rusher14: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2018
Jonathan did the same and we all witnessed the outcome.

13 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by potent5(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2018
Good move.
Let us join hands to bundle the.... back to Daura in 201...

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by Richdad50(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2018
its done

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by mabaz(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2018
Abeg make we hear word

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by Alexk2(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2018
Alliances like this had never yielded positive. just a waste of time.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by PassingShot(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2018
rusher14:
Ganging up of lepers.

grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by sotall(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2018
Alexk2:
Alliances like this had never yielded positive. just a waste of time.
same thing APC did to clinch Power...

No difference

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by Groovenaija360(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2018
I can't wait to see Buhari being sent back to his village, later jailed for his evil did to Nigerians

Even dos APC Zombies shouting sai baba are affected by his satanic leadership.

But because they are zombies with dead brains they won't understand.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by MeanChris(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2018
Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by fairplay90(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2018
Cool
Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by Richdad50(m): 11:02am On Oct 17, 2018
are you on leave or is your biz having issues? why is it that you always comment from morning to 11pm daily. are you feeding well atal?
rusher14:

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by ngadaAwo: 11:02am On Oct 17, 2018
Paollo:
No be play Atiku come play ooo
na now you know

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:02am On Oct 17, 2018
rusher14:

Why compare a man of peace with two deperate Fulani Lol when the 2 elephants fight. The ground go suffer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by rusher14: 11:07am On Oct 17, 2018
Richdad50:
are you on leave or is your biz having issues? why is it that you always comment from morning to 11pm daily. are you feeding well atal?

Thanks for monitoring my contributions. Didn't realise I had a fan base.

Anyhow, what I do for a living, my time zone and my preferred time of contribution should not be your concern, except of course if you are jobless.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2018
Let's watch how it plays out..
Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by Pekele007: 11:09am On Oct 17, 2018
rusher14:

liar, Jonathan never did anything.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by senatordave1(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2018
bestviewer:
PDP shall record a landslide victory. cool
In south east

4 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by Abdulhakeem7(m): 11:13am On Oct 17, 2018
bestviewer:
PDP shall record a landslide victory. cool
If not DAT Buhari has not performed to the expectations of Nigerians, PDP shouldn't have been any option at all cos they too have failed us. As for me, I still prefer Sowore to Atiku because he is part of architects of our failure as a country.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by rusher14: 11:15am On Oct 17, 2018

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by Richdad50(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2018
get a life and dont hide your failures under nairaland comments
quote author=rusher14 post=72164383]

Anyhow, what I do for a living, my time zone and my preferred time of contribution should not be your concern, except of course if you are jobless.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by rusher14: 11:18am On Oct 17, 2018
Richdad50:
get a life and dont hide your failures under nairaland comments
quote author=rusher14 post=72164383]

Look here my fan.

I don't owe you anything.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate by opribo(m): 11:19am On Oct 17, 2018
Of what use is a man who has openly said his old age wont let him.perform as he would yet the crooks raping the country won't let him go home to his grand children.

We will help them send him packing whether he likes it or not come 2019.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Blessed To Have Umahi As Chairman South-east Governors' Forum- Iwuanyanwu / Taiwo Adisa: There Are Plots To Cause Unrest In Oyo State Through Fake News / Court Of Appeal Sacks Gada's APC Faction, Affirms Senator Wamakko's Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.