Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) (22109 Views)

Meet Otobong Ndem Who Finished HND Before Secondary School / Meet 26-Year-Old Bob Otobong Who Won A Seat At Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly / Etang Umoyo Edet Decamps From APC To PDP In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by tuniski: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
Trouble1:
Sentiments apart .
Buhari will win in 2019 with a large margin.
I don’t want to go into details...
You will learn one truth in February next year; buhari on his own is nothing he can't win jack! Those who matter have cued behind Atiku/Obi's movement!

Buhari will be thrashed!
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by ngadaAwo: 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
[s]
senatordave1:

Your very definition
[/s]
more trash
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Kennydoc(m): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
PassingShot:

25%? You must be joking.

If PMB doesn't get 40% in Akwa Ibom, remind me of a promised gift.

In SS, PMB will be very competitive in Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta and win in Edo.

Mark this post.

Even if APC wins Akwa Ibom guber, Buhari cannot get 40% votes there. It is impossible. Remember how Jonathan won in most of SW states in 2011 while ACN won the guber elections. That said, APC cannot even win AKS guber election next year.
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
ngadaAwo:
[s][/s]
with kwankwaso
Tambuwal
saraki
dankwambo
markafi
etc

Atiku is guaranteed 50% if not more in the whole North

kiss the truth
When they were in pdp,did pdp have 50%? Makarfi that always loses his lga to buhari? Only saraki will win his state marginally.have this:

*BEFORE PDP DIES IN AKWA IBOM*

_By Franklyn ISONG_

It has become crucial that I pen down this article, because, lately, *I am perturbed about the decreasing strength of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in Akwa Ibom state. 2019 is around the corner, I fear the party may not make it to the Hilltop Mansion. I am not a doom’s day prophet but, on the heels of daily defection by its chieftains, political officeholders and supporters to the All Progressive Congress (APC), any good political observer can conclude that this is not a good omen for the PDP. The party in the state seems boxed into the corner by the opposition APC.* Strange conclusion abi!?

Okay, it all started on January 19, 2017, when the Senator representing Akwa Ibom South (Eket) senatorial district (where the governor hails from) in the Senate, Nelson Effiong, defected from the PDP to the APC during a plenary session of the senate.

Senator Effiong had while leaving the PDP, said; “No reasonable politician who is worth his salt would remain and allow his people to be drifting about without a direction. So I have decided today, the 19th day of January, 2017 to resign from the PDP and move to the party that is bringing peace and direction to this country, the APC. So I move.” But the state PDP, through a statement dismissed the Senator’s claims as unfounded.

The senator, if my mind has not failed me, also during a recorded radio interview with Planet 101.1 FM, Uyo, boasted that he was just leading the way for other aggrieved national assembly members from Akwa Ibom state to follow. He claimed that in a matter of weeks or months there would be defection from PDP. He was again dismissed by the state PDP as lying. The party (PDP) noted that its members remained intact and one indivisible entity.
The Senator was vindicated at the weekend with the defection of another national assembly member, Emmanuel Ukoette. He represents Ukanafun/Oruk Anam federal constituency in the House of Reps.

He is not the only key PDP member who has defected. There are others who do not like publicity, like the former Managing Director of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Barr Bassey Dan-Abia Snr.; and his younger brother, the former House of Representative member for Eket federal constituency, Barr Bassey Dan-abia Jnr. These are the major controller of political equation in Esit Eket LGA.

In Ikot Abasi LGA aside from the MD of NDDC, Obong Nsima Ekere, recently, a former chapter chairman of Ikot Abasi PDP, Hon. Udo George led other members of his former exco to defect to APC. While in Itu, Obong Bassey Ekanem, the CEO of Base Engineering and major financier of the party’s activities in Oku Iboku clan also quitted, to mention a few, for want of space.

It is not always enough for PDP defectors to be rained with all manner of abusive words and unprintable names by the party’s members and government officials on the media, instead of looking inward to find out why they are leaving the party. For me, this act is uncalled for. It should be stopped. It is likened to applying Panadol tablets for viral disease. It is no longer workable. It has failed to yield result in the past.

Let PDP officials and the governor know that the party as it stance cannot win any election in 2019. Let the governor come out from his comfort zone, I mean, the Hilltop Mansion and start midnight visitation/meeting with key political players in the state.

Why are key political players defecting from the party to APC? Who are next in line of defection? Where has the party got it wrong? Can anything be done to reverse the looming extinction of PDP in the state?

Like I said at the beginning of this piece, I am not a prophet, but I can bet my grandpa’s imported shoes and coats that the sooner these avalanches of nagging questions are answered, the closer to victory PDP has become. Else!!!! “Deacon Udom Emmanuel will be remembered as a one-term Governor of Akwa Ibom state,” according to defected Senator Nelson Effiong.

The bulk now rest on the ‘Executive’ table of Governor Udom Emmanuel. He is the leader of his party (PDP) in the state. Except he has no second term ambition, otherwise, it is even too late for him to start asking his party members questions.

There is no smoke without fire. His party members maybe disenchanted with his style of governance. They may even be uncomfortable with the policy thrust of his administration, or maybe they are unhappy with attitudes of some appointed government officials in his cabinet. This is the time for Governor Emmanuel to find the black sheep before darkness covers. It is time for him, to remove his coat and tie; and wear t-shirts and jean trousers. The task ahead for him will be too hot for coats and tie attire, I can swear to anything, if he doubts me.

Now is the time to think out a permanent solution to ending this defection menace in PDP. Anyone believing that PDP in Akwa Ibom state is still intact and strong as it was before 2015 general elections better wakes up from his fool’s paradise.

• _Franklyn Isong is a public affairs commentator (Published March 7, 2017)_

*Culled from Radar newspaper:*

http://radarpapers.ng/2017/03/07/before-pdp-dies-in-akwa-ibom/

1 Like

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by nelcliff(m): 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

He may sir judging from the political configuration.udom has been deserted and isolated.hes the man of the moment.anyway the priority is for buhari to get 30%,nsima winning will be jara.remember nsima is from eket and has outmuscled udom there already.

Lol.. I think you are being deceived going by what you say above.. I am from the same clan with the so called Nsima Ekere.. So I know more of what I am saying brother. Let's not join issue here but remain calm till after 2019 general election.. I guess by then we will have more fact and point to direct our arguments to.. Thank you
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
tuniski:

You will learn one truth in February next year; buhari on his own is nothing he can't win jack! Those who matter have cued behind Atiku/Obi's movement!

Buhari will be thrashed!

_By Franklyn ISONG_

It has become crucial that I pen down this article, because, lately, *I am perturbed about the decreasing strength of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in Akwa Ibom state. 2019 is around the corner, I fear the party may not make it to the Hilltop Mansion. I am not a doom’s day prophet but, on the heels of daily defection by its chieftains, political officeholders and supporters to the All Progressive Congress (APC), any good political observer can conclude that this is not a good omen for the PDP. The party in the state seems boxed into the corner by the opposition APC.* Strange conclusion abi!?

Okay, it all started on January 19, 2017, when the Senator representing Akwa Ibom South (Eket) senatorial district (where the governor hails from) in the Senate, Nelson Effiong, defected from the PDP to the APC during a plenary session of the senate.

Senator Effiong had while leaving the PDP, said; “No reasonable politician who is worth his salt would remain and allow his people to be drifting about without a direction. So I have decided today, the 19th day of January, 2017 to resign from the PDP and move to the party that is bringing peace and direction to this country, the APC. So I move.” But the state PDP, through a statement dismissed the Senator’s claims as unfounded.

The senator, if my mind has not failed me, also during a recorded radio interview with Planet 101.1 FM, Uyo, boasted that he was just leading the way for other aggrieved national assembly members from Akwa Ibom state to follow. He claimed that in a matter of weeks or months there would be defection from PDP. He was again dismissed by the state PDP as lying. The party (PDP) noted that its members remained intact and one indivisible entity.
The Senator was vindicated at the weekend with the defection of another national assembly member, Emmanuel Ukoette. He represents Ukanafun/Oruk Anam federal constituency in the House of Reps.

He is not the only key PDP member who has defected. There are others who do not like publicity, like the former Managing Director of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Barr Bassey Dan-Abia Snr.; and his younger brother, the former House of Representative member for Eket federal constituency, Barr Bassey Dan-abia Jnr. These are the major controller of political equation in Esit Eket LGA.

In Ikot Abasi LGA aside from the MD of NDDC, Obong Nsima Ekere, recently, a former chapter chairman of Ikot Abasi PDP, Hon. Udo George led other members of his former exco to defect to APC. While in Itu, Obong Bassey Ekanem, the CEO of Base Engineering and major financier of the party’s activities in Oku Iboku clan also quitted, to mention a few, for want of space.

It is not always enough for PDP defectors to be rained with all manner of abusive words and unprintable names by the party’s members and government officials on the media, instead of looking inward to find out why they are leaving the party. For me, this act is uncalled for. It should be stopped. It is likened to applying Panadol tablets for viral disease. It is no longer workable. It has failed to yield result in the past.

Let PDP officials and the governor know that the party as it stance cannot win any election in 2019. Let the governor come out from his comfort zone, I mean, the Hilltop Mansion and start midnight visitation/meeting with key political players in the state.

Why are key political players defecting from the party to APC? Who are next in line of defection? Where has the party got it wrong? Can anything be done to reverse the looming extinction of PDP in the state?

Like I said at the beginning of this piece, I am not a prophet, but I can bet my grandpa’s imported shoes and coats that the sooner these avalanches of nagging questions are answered, the closer to victory PDP has become. Else!!!! “Deacon Udom Emmanuel will be remembered as a one-term Governor of Akwa Ibom state,” according to defected Senator Nelson Effiong.

The bulk now rest on the ‘Executive’ table of Governor Udom Emmanuel. He is the leader of his party (PDP) in the state. Except he has no second term ambition, otherwise, it is even too late for him to start asking his party members questions.

There is no smoke without fire. His party members maybe disenchanted with his style of governance. They may even be uncomfortable with the policy thrust of his administration, or maybe they are unhappy with attitudes of some appointed government officials in his cabinet. This is the time for Governor Emmanuel to find the black sheep before darkness covers. It is time for him, to remove his coat and tie; and wear t-shirts and jean trousers. The task ahead for him will be too hot for coats and tie attire, I can swear to anything, if he doubts me.

Now is the time to think out a permanent solution to ending this defection menace in PDP. Anyone believing that PDP in Akwa Ibom state is still intact and strong as it was before 2015 general elections better wakes up from his fool’s paradise.

1 Like

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by ngadaAwo: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
[s]
senatordave1:

When they were in pdp,did pdp have 50%? Makarfi that always loses his lga to buhari? Only saraki will win his state marginally.have this:

_By Franklyn ISONG_

[/s]
beautiful claptrap and worthless trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
nelcliff:

Lol.. I think you are being deceived going by what you say above.. I am from the same clan with the so called Nsima Ekere.. So I know more of what I am saying brother. Let's not join issue here but remain calm till after 2019 general election.. I guess by then we will have more fact and point to direct our arguments to.. Thank you
My brother,udom will be rigged out,you know it.hes now a political orphan.remember evidences at the guber tribunal showed that umanah won 18 lgas 2015? Even udom is intimidated by nsima

2 Likes

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Prinztong(m): 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
Lol.... so funny.. just because he lost out at the Primaries he decided to defect to the Broom Party.

Goodluck To Him ����
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 2:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
Kennydoc:

Even if APC wins Akwa Ibom guber, Buhari cannot get 40% votes there. It is impossible. Remember how Jonathan won in most of SW states in 2011 while ACN won the guber elections. That said, APC cannot even win AKS guber election next year.
Different scenarios.akpabio rigged in udom,umanah actually won.if buhari wins and gets 30% in aks,then udom is gone.
In eket zone,nsima will win ikot abasi,oron 5,esit eket.in ikot ekpene,akpabio should deliver 7 lgas.in uyo zone,nsit ubium,uruan,uyo,ibiono,etinan should go to apc.udom is not even rugged

1 Like

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by highchief1: 2:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
Trouble1:
Sentiments apart .
Buhari will win in 2019 with a large margin.
I don’t want to go into details...
i will wish for u to kill yourself if this doesn’t happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by nelcliff(m): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

My brother,udom will be rigged out,you know it.hes now a political orphan.remember evidences at the guber tribunal showed that umanah won 18 lgas 2015? Even udom is intimidated by nsima

Lol.. Guy this is general election coming.. And not some kind of elections from the WEST.. take note.. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 2:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
nelcliff:

Lol.. Guy this is general election coming.. And not some kind of elections from the WEST.. take note.. Thank you.
Its even easier to rig.mind you,the priority is bubu not nsima
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 2:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
nelcliff:

Its even easier to rig.mind you,the priority is bubu not nsima.
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by tuniski: 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

_By Franklyn ISONG_

We are talking 2018 going into 2019 and essentially presidential election and you do is post a 2017 march article. When will you learn to focus,when?
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by ofuonyebi: 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2018
fast and very wise guy...he has seen the handwriting on the wall that the man pdp is presenting cannot gather authentic votes

against a corruption fighter like pmb.....he has forseen a terrible knocout

2 Likes

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by tuniski: 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

Different scenarios.akpabio rigged in udom,umanah actually won.if buhari wins and gets 30% in aks,then udom is gone.
In eket zone,nsima will win ikot abasi,oron 5,esit eket.in ikot ekpene,akpabio should deliver 7 lgas.in uyo zone,nsit ubium,uruan,uyo,ibiono,etinan should go to apc.udom is not even rugged

Buhari will be defeated on 16th of February don't you get it?
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by niyidenrele: 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ebimor96:
The Speaker of the Akwa-Ibom State House of Assembly should as a matter of urgency, declare the decamped legislator's seat vacant.

He is not a bonafide son of Akwa-Ibom State.

He should be put on a plane and deported to Daura.

He isn't one of us, but a traitor.
.....e pain am

2 Likes

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by tuniski: 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

You are being naive! Apc will lose many states after buhari must have been defeated on February 16th. The presidential elections is done and dusted. Nigeria will have a new president next year.
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
tuniski:

We are talking 2018 going into 2019 and essentially presidential election and you do is post a 2017 march article. When will you learn to focus,when?
Your not sharp.common sense should tell you that if such massive decamping took place last yeae,pdp should be empty in the state by now.seems you dont know how important akwa ibom is to pdp

1 Like

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
tuniski:

You are being naive! Apc will lose many states after buhari must have been defeated on February 16th. The presidential elections is done and dusted. Nigeria will have a new president next year.
You will still say this after buhari is re-elected.its now your consolation anthem.

4 Likes

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
ofuonyebi:

fast and very wise guy...he has seen the handwriting on the wall that the man pdp is presenting cannot gather authentic votes

against a corruption fighter like pmb.....he has forseen a terrible knocout
For akpabio to decamp,it was a clear message

2 Likes

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
tuniski:

Buhari will be defeated on 16th of February don't you get it?
When you have lost ground in delta,rivers and akwa ibom,even a mad man knows that theres no way out.
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
Prinztong:
Lol.... so funny.. just because he lost out at the Primaries he decided to defect to the Broom Party.

Goodluck To Him ����
Compare the progress and strength of apc in delta,rivers and akwa ibom to that of pdp in kano,katsina and jigawa and you will see that theres no way for pdp.mind you,its akwa ibom vs jigawa

2 Likes

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2018
fuckipobs:
In politics its about permanent interest not permanent enemies. Abraham Lincoln USA president.
However Igbos and their political PDP C.A.N want to divide the country into religious line, Thank Jesus son of Mary, it will not work with people like Akpabio alive it will not work. The agents of devil are planning to do evil but God is the best of planners.
Is the country not already divided? How do you call it when Fulani herders moved into a Christian dominated area and slaughter women and children while asleep? When Men of God are slaughtered and nothing happen, is it not a religious war? 2019 is a choice between life and death and Nigerians are prepared for this task.
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Akan7: 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Is this old mama Nsima Ekere's wife?

No... She's a former deputy governor of the state
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
ipobarethieves:
cool cc Tonyebarcanista.How u see am
Them de waste their time
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by tuniski: 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

When you have lost ground in delta,rivers and akwa ibom,even a mad man knows that theres no way out.
Elections ain't won the way you talking my brother. Immediately OBJ endorsed Atiku, it was over for buhari. Even the emergency of Atiku had the blessings of the masquerades that run things the very ones who brought buhari in 2015.

You are amongst those buharideens who thought 2019 nobody can challenge PMB, now you know better. In the coming weeks more lessons will be taught you guys.
Buhari can't win election on his and by his own!
I pity Akpabio.

Why is suddenly the impeachment of saraki/dogara now dead?
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by maasoap(m): 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
PDP in both Rivers and Akwa Ibom states can't survive 2019

3 Likes

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by tuniski: 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
maasoap:
PDP in both Rivers and Akwa Ibom states can't survive 2019
Apc will be dead next year!
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by youngdopeboy: 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
dkronicle:
I dont have problem with pdp or apc. The thing is we need another president. I'm surprised that some people are still Ready to vote buhari.
my vote nd that of my household belongs to BABA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olawale Oluwo, Ambode Commissioner Resigns From APC / IPOB Is The Biggest Enemy Of The South-East - Adamu Garba / Mother Of Jumoke, "Yoruba Nation" Rally Victim Gets Help From Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.